• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Waypoint |OT| video games...are good

Oct 27, 2017
Shout out to Natalie for making a “keys on Van Nuys” joke to herself quietly during Lore Reasons. SoCal radio listeners represent.

Oct 28, 2017
The second Lore Reasons is somehow better than the first one

Even the regular podcasts are on a roll right now, it’s the best time to be a Waypointer

Also I think some of you genuinely don’t understand how ‘ah fuck off’ is used colloquially by Irish people to react the way you have

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I love that Austin tries to do the “I know” bit in episode 2 of Lore Reasons like 3 separate times but with no one to play off of him for it.

Oct 27, 2017
I just realised that 2 Mello made the Machine Elves video. Mind blown.

It's only the third result for Machine Elves, too. The algorithm got it wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, that's true.

Tactical Tuesdays and Breakfast & Battlegrounds did a fusion dance. It's like the stars aligning for #content.

Oct 27, 2017
The Austin/Patrick/Natalie/Rob with Cado in the background dynamic is pretty excellent. It's a shame Danielle has been pretty absent recently, she's felt a little out of place.

Oct 25, 2017
Natalie has really shot up my podcaster ranking lists recently. She's absolutely killing it. She has the weirdest insights/takes on things and i'm here for it

Cado too, Cado and Jan from GB need a podcast

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Waypoint has been knocking it out of the park with their podcasts lately. Everyone seems to have stepped up their game, though I agree it's odd Danielle hasn't been on as often.

It seems like this comes at the expense of articles for the site, which is unfortunate, but hopefully the pivot is working out for them.

Oct 28, 2017
I sound like a broken record but Natalie is soo sooo sooo good on Lore Reasons

She’s always seemed cool but she’s the star of the show and completely in her element on these pods, it would be a travesty if Lore Reasons doesn’t continue after Kingdom Hearts

Actually Waypoint in general are batting 1000 on this one. It’s the perfect fun series that could hook outsiders into the Waypoint Cinematic Universe

Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Am I the only one annoyed at how low mixed the waypoint podcast is?

It's like the lowest mixed thing of anything I've consumed so I always have to adjust the volume whether I start listening to it and when I've stopped listening to it.
I usually play the podcast off my phone when I'm getting ready in the morning. Beastcast/Bombcast, I can listen to in the shower no problem. Waypoint Radio? May as well not have it play at all because I won't catch a damn thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I usually play the podcast off my phone when I'm getting ready in the morning. Beastcast/Bombcast, I can listen to in the shower no problem. Waypoint Radio? May as well not have it play at all because I won't catch a damn thing.
Yeah it's tough. Fix it cado!

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one annoyed at how low mixed the waypoint podcast is?

It's like the lowest mixed thing of anything I've consumed so I always have to adjust the volume whether I start listening to it and when I've stopped listening to it.
To hear everyone, I almost have to put it at max volume in my car. It's a bit aggravating since I sometimes forget how high I have the volume until I switch to another podcast or music and have to quickly adjust the volume to save my eardrums.

Oct 27, 2017
Did Patrick seem to get talked over a lot in the latest WPR? I can't tell if it was just a latency thing on their end due to Skype or w/e, or if something is up with how the audio was stitched together. (I was listening on Spotify, but I assume it'd be the same elsewhere.) Also kinda seemed like it was affecting Rob, though nowhere near as severely.

Like there'd be a pause after someone asked a question, then Patrick and someone else would talk at the same time, with no acknowledgement--ever--that it was happening. Just found it really confounding 'cause it was happening very consistently throughout the pod. Also kinda seemed like it was getting worse as the pod went on, but I can't say for certain.

Really good WPR in spite of that, though. Rob baking on camera has to happen now. BLESS THE STREAM, ROB. And shoutout to Natalie for hands down the best "this movie is actually a game" suggestion. It actually made me cackle.

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The Cillian Murphy revelation in the Serenity pod has me shook (And extra hilarious given Rob's earliier mispronunciation of ciabatta.)
Did Patrick seem to get talked over a lot in the latest WPR? I can't tell if it was just a latency thing on their end due to Skype or w/e, or if something is up with how the audio was stitched together. (I was listening on Spotify, but I assume it'd be the same elsewhere.) Also kinda seemed like it was affecting Rob, though nowhere near as severely.
It's a latency thing. You can usually hear it during the wrap up when they're giving their Twitter handles, there's a lot of overlap there too.

Mr.F

Oct 26, 2017

Like there'd be a pause after someone asked a question, then Patrick and someone else would talk at the same time, with no acknowledgement--ever--that it was happening. Just found it really confounding 'cause it was happening very consistently throughout the pod. Also kinda seemed like it was getting worse as the pod went on, but I can't say for certain.

Really good WPR in spite of that, though. Rob baking on camera has to happen now. BLESS THE STREAM, ROB. And shoutout to Natalie for hands down the best "this movie is actually a game" suggestion. It actually made me cackle.
I think it might have been a latency/editing issue, definitely more noticeable than usual.

Count me in as enjoying the podcast a lot more lately. I like this combination of people on the show and Natalie is getting better.

Oct 25, 2017
I’d almost respect Russ Pitts more if he just went out and said “yeah, I think Gamergate had a point” instead of just occasionally blurting it out and then passive-aggressively back peddling when people call him out on it.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it’s that time, the time to search twitter limited to who I follow to get context on just how fucking bad Pitts decided to be again.

EDIT:

I can’t find exactly what garbage Pitts said to Zoe, but I sure can also find tweets discussing how the Escapist still has fucking personal info of GG targets on it.

his response (now, after having blocked people who brought this up to him before today) is that it’s too hard and unfair to the (likely terrible) authors to just take everything during that time down before checking if it’s safe to repost, so they have to slowly go through all the old articles and decide what their policy is before they “memory hole” all the offending articles because - get this - he sees that as an issue of “editorial integrity”

but apparently taking eons to take down easily findable personal information... is not?

I think “this article is trying to dox someone” should be a pretty easy thing to judge, my dude. Might have been a thing you should have dealt with before you reopened the site too. Y’know. Maybe.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you injure us by suggesting there’s doubt

I finished the second one yesterday and Natalie taking control of the outro felt like her coming of age on the podcast, not to put too fine a point on it. Austin seemed genuinely proud of her.
I wasn't too sure cause I read on Natalie's twitter about how her declaration is the friday after but given that the new episode is up she was referring to the next episode. I didn't know they recorded 1 week in advance that's what got me confused, sorry.