Waypoint |OT| video games...are good

Oct 26, 2017
Warhammer seems like a great Lore Reason exept that it's maybe too vast and there's no natural start and endpoint.

There's lots of fun insanity though.

They could do the knockoff Warcraft 1,2,3 and WOW. But i'm not sure if the WOW stuff is compelling enough.

Oct 27, 2017
I have wanted for Rob and Austin to go over Warhammer (fantasy, AoS, 40k you name it) for so long. There are so many interesting things to talk about like its use of the aesthetics of fascism, the influence of north UK labor and identity politics, irs radical departure in the 80's from what was considered standard game fare and styles, its licensing strategy, the influence it has had on tabletop and video game design, the disruption and innovations it brought to the wargaming space, the opening up of wargaming to the non hardcore communities, the huge amount of influence it gained in pre-fall of the Berlin wall Eastern European gaming communities and has maintained since then, the behind the scenes power struggles that impacted the design of the game, fan influence, the big reorganization and resulting tone changes. There is so many interesting directions that conversation can go.

I'm curious if they bring it up during the upcoming Event Horizon pod given that the film was explicitly inspired by Warhammer.

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they get to stream semi-regularly. I've been an avid listener of their podcasts for a few months now and only finally did I start watching some of their x-com two stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
I know it might go down well, but I had absolutely no interest in nearly every Waypoont stream they ever did. They need to focus on podcasts now, for plenty of reasons.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Natalie gets back to big boy seaosn. I really need to see what Austin and Danielle think of the Bloodborne DLC. Easily some of the best stuff in the game.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Natalie gets back to big boy seaosn. I really need to see what Austin and Danielle think of the Bloodborne DLC. Easily some of the best stuff in the game.
I must have seen some version of this statement a couple dozen times by now and every time I say I'll play the DLC and never do.

Way back when I remember hoping GB would do something with it so I could at least see the content and that didn't happen, then Natalie starting the game gave me hope that I'd finally see it and that aint happening either. I think I'm just fated to never see that DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
We'll still get a savepoint stream every year, I think?

Also the first thing Rob said on the latest waypoint radio is just...too much
Austin: We're switching out Patrick for Rob
Rob: Congrats on the free upgrade

I don't think Sunless Skies is a game for me but it was fun hearing Rob talk about.

Oct 26, 2017
800. Jesus Christ. I remember seeing "hundreds" thrown around in the days leading up to this but I didn't expect a number that large.

Glad to see Patrick just going for it with that title.

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to do a Undertale 101 without touching on Homestuck and/or Earthbound?
I never heard of the first one and the second one never came out here and Undertale was a fine game based on what I played. I don’t think you need to do anything else but play it to get it or form an opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
PANZER VOR, MOTHERFUCKERS! TOOT TOOT

oh god if we get a full rob zacny breakdown of Senshado/tankery explained to a disbelieving Patrick and Natalie I will die

Oct 25, 2017
there's not enough lore for GuP. i will settle for a All Systems Girls und Panzer (waypoint edition) (well there is a fair amount of lore actually but it's not really the exciting bit of GuP, the exciting bits of GuP are the tactical chessboards of tank warfare)