• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The New Mickey Mouse is everything kids are now. Get ready for the "Influencer Mickey" Funko that comes with a webcam and a green screen.

"Don't forget to like and subscribe if you're on YouTube, or Follow if you're on Twitch! Ho Hah!"

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think TM gets more solid after the shift to the second part of the season, but if you're already following Hieron and aren't enjoying TM, there's no reason not to jump past it and start listening to Winter. Not like you need to listen to them in order, beyond a chance of them vaguely spoiling things.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None of the FatT scifi stuff works for me unfortunately. It's all so extra all the time. All their character pitches seem really cool but as soon as they have six characters in one scene and all of their names are complete sentences I just end up zoning out.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I only managed to follow Counter/Weight because Counter/Weight had a way easier start tbh. Everything else is all over the goddamn place tbh.

Even Heiron I only managed to hold on until they got to the ghost pirate island or whatever and then I checked the fuck out

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I just got to the second half of TM (currently on 31, while they're going through what their characters did during the time skip and adjusting to the different game) and I'm gonna keep going but the first half didn't do a ton for me

I did like CW a whole lot, but I think the Hieron seasons are more my jam

Risky Standard is my FATT oc

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel subtweeted.

Anyway I enjoy a ton of FatT but it's hard to recommend. Marielda is incredible and Bluff City consistently rules. Hieron is mostly good but the Samtheon got a bit out of hand. Their long-running stuff tends to collapse under its own weight.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If you want weird names.

Than do a lore reason of fate.

Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg isn't even the worst one.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
lore reasons: fate: question 1: why is rider sometime a girl with purple hair and a blindfold but sometimes also a large man with red hair

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
could you imagine

being a historical figure and learning people made an anime character based on you and cute-anime-girl-you's one true weakness is your actual real life cause of death

god

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I fell super behind on C/W due to the faction stuff being slow but just binged it while playing a ton of Xenoblade X and that was very fitting

TM I'd just fall behind on for a month or so at a time, catch up, repeat, and that worked pretty well

I'm very fond of both in the end, particularly where TM goes, but I will agree that Marielda's still probably my favorite thing, and I can also agree that Bluff's been cosnsitently great

could you imagine

being a historical figure and learning people made an anime character based on you and cute-anime-girl-you's one true weakness is your actual real life cause of death

god

a Holy Grail War where everyone just comes to the slow realization that every servant involved is a different anime girl version of Nobunaga

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
could you imagine

god

i tried to check the wiki to see if jeanne d'arc was weak to fire but i don't know how to read this mobage stuff

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
i tried to check the wiki to see if jeanne d'arc was weak to fire but i don't know how to read this mobage stuff

Like for the game itself? It doesn't have elemental weaknesses. It's more based on class.

Lore wise she has a suicide-based noble phantasm (ultimate attack if you will) that is based on her burning at the the stake.

That's the fun part of fate, how they give each character ultimate attacks or powers based on their legends or history.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
she's a light dragon by default but her dragonyule version is water

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
For some reasone Japanese Mobage love Jeanne D'arc. I don't think i've come across one that didn't have at least one variant of the character.

More often than not you have a saint variant and one that resents humanity because humanity is shit.

Fate still has the coolest descriptors for powers though. Especially when servants are concepts rather than actual persons.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the last one was only popularised by fate lol.

And it's not even that she resents humanity, it's that one of her followers wanted her to resent humanity, but she's incapable of doing so, so he literally had to create an OC do not steal edgy version of Jeanne D'Arc lol.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
If we talk about being badly portrayed by anime creators, i think gilles would rather be an anime girls than what they made him into lol.

Though he obviously deserves it.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Want exhausting names? FFXIV delivers:
No one is ever ready for Garlean names.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

oh-come-on-gif-5.gif

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Is this where we mention we should get a Tsukihime remake?

I love the mage shit they have going on. Though some parts haven't aged too well.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all out here pretending Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau doesn't exist In the WH40K universe.

At least it's still recognisably words

Btw, Nrvnqsr Chaos is called that because, as I quote:

Like many other vampires, he has taken his name from those given by the Church. "Nrvnqsr", phonetically spelled "Nero", was given to him as a play on words in Gematria by which the letters that compose it add up to 666, the so-called Number of the Beast. His second name,"Chaos", was given to him due to his nature as literal, squelching chaos similar to a primordial earth.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Lore Reasons Twilight Mirage tbh.
Yes please actually. I took a break like around episode 45 of Twilight Mirage and I haven't jumped back in for a long time because I'm afraid I'd just be lost. I need like a good recap resource that isn't just a wiki dive, trying to ferret out what has and has not happened so far. Same with Hieron. I've been lost in Hieron's cosmology since Marielda. Also doesn't help that I can never keep the gods straight due to their similar sounding names.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Twilight Mirage is the best. I loved part 1 and it took a while for part 2 to find its groove for me, but the way it ends is fantastic, IMO. I still listen to segments of the last couple episodes regularly.

The only FatT episodes I haven't listened to is most of C/W. I started it but didn't finish.
Bluff City is also good but I should relisten to some of them.

Hieron is just the best and all I want is for it to have a happy ending :(

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done 4 yet but I will say... while still being rad, the last couple episodes of Lore Reasons made me a little disappointed. But not in them- in the explainers/summaries they used, which they couldn't have known better about.

It seems like those things actually didn't care about certain parts of the lore to the degree they expected, given how little it touched on any of the Organization and such. They ended up glossing over a decent amount of important/interesting stuff shown in CoM on, including some of the rare things directly stated/explained on screen, because of not being made aware of it. And, amusingly enough, meanwhile in Days it seems the explainers focused on things that I forgot about entirely because Square didn't even include them in the collection's movie.

Realizing what was focused on in their resources was amusing in the beginning, especially stuff like the 100 Acre Woods book, but it seems those sources were kinda lacking later on...

...and then there's Pete's backstory

really wanna hear them talk about how Mickey/Minnie had him

"banished to another dimension"

as a punishment for... causing trouble

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
That is the main reason why I listen to it though I thought I might be able to follow the Kingdom Hearts lore.

I was so naive.

Lore Reasons : Kingdom Hearts :: U Talkin' U2 To Me : U2

Which is to say you don't listen for anything factual or knowledgeable, just people being enthusiastic about the topic. Often goofily or silly.

Last edited:

SirDancelot

Oct 29, 2017
Twilight Mirage is the best. I loved part 1 and it took a while for part 2 to find its groove for me, but the way it ends is fantastic, IMO. I still listen to segments of the last couple episodes regularly.

The only FatT episodes I haven't listened to is most of C/W. I started it but didn't finish.
Bluff City is also good but I should relisten to some of them.

Hieron is just the best and all I want is for it to have a happy ending :(
That's interesting, I ended up loving C/W, love Marielda and have enjoyed Hieron but also find myself getting lost. I struggled to get through the first 10 episodes of TM only to discover they did 67! I hear it gets it's groove but I'm just not sure how long to stick with it. Maybe I will have more time in the spring and summer when I'm back to running outdoors more regularly and need more podcasts to consume.