• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I started listening to Idle Weekend for a reason I can't remember, and it's beginning to seem like I'm going to end up going through the whole thing.

Rob and Danielle are just so pleasant together. Their conversations are a wonderful balance of vulnerable, reflective and conflicted on one hand, and enthusiastic, charming and fun on the other. Beautiful souls, both of them.

Also, I admire Be Good's Pride and Prejudice series a whole lot, and the possibility that the podcast was put on hiatus because of it both amplifies that admiration and frustrates me.
Yeah, their rapport on Idle Weekends was amazing.

My understanding about the hiatus for Be Good and Rewatch It was that it was more related to the wider turmoil in Vice (see Viceland news from this last week) than about the P&P series.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They spend the last 10 minutes of the Us show talking about why Rewatch It is going away, btw.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they can spread out again in the future. But I get that Vice Turmoil can lead to fewer risks, for the time being.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
idol weekend was such a pleasant, thoughtful pod

loved the period where they stumbled into witcher 3 chat for like six episodes in a row

It's seriously Pleasant and Thoughtful: the Podcast. Most every episode just feels...restorative somehow.

Haha, looking forward to hitting that Witcher 3 period. (Also looking forward to inevitably getting back into Witcher 3 as a result of it.)

Yeah, their rapport on Idle Weekends was amazing.

My understanding about the hiatus for Be Good and Rewatch It was that it was more related to the wider turmoil in Vice (see Viceland news from this last week) than about the P&P series.

Yeah, it's almost definitely that more than anything. I could believe, though, that dedicating 500 glorious hours or whatever it was to Jane Austen gave some people the wrong impression that Waypoint needed to be more focused. :P

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast!

Come on guys, help me out, I need my fix!

Or at least tell me when the next Lore Reasons will be and what it will be about!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast! We want the Sekiro Spoilercast!

We have the kingdom hearts lore reasons at home.

*Pulls into drive-thru as children cheer*
*Orders a single days gone spoilercast*

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
"While Noisey will retain its name and brand identity, it will no longer be an independent publication with a separate editorial structure."

I feel like this would be impossible with Waypoint lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
"gaming guide" is a very funny outsider's interpretation of "Vice's guide to gaming"

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
lUrl7vM.png

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Part of me feels like with the general growing popularity of gaming as a hobby (and by that I mean it has grown and fortnite is pushing it even more), I kinda optimistically see Vice, pending full implosion, will always want some sort of gaming angle to it. They clearly show interest by having even started it, but "Waypoint" and its crew are the ones susceptible to change. Hopefully this means that Waypoint will get to be more of a staple side of Vice (or grow into one), is all I'm saying.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Based on the way that Austin talked about the end of Be Good and Rewatch It on the Beastcast, and if the changes at Noisy are indicative of the bigger picture at Vice, my guess is that this is significantly bigger than just highlighting Waypoint content on the main page. I mean, "end this pop culture podcast because you need to focus on gaming" is pretty heavy editorial involvement.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The execs at Vice could be saying something to Waypoint along the lines of, "We don't want you to be this independent thing off to the side, we want you front and center as a core part of our brand." And that's a good sign for job security and support. It just also carries with it a lot more focus on their content from the higher ups. We'll see if that means more changes long term.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the way that Austin talked about the end of Be Good and Rewatch It on the Beastcast, and if the changes at Noisy are indicative of the bigger picture at Vice, my guess is that this is significantly bigger than just highlighting Waypoint content on the main page. I mean, "end this pop culture podcast because you need to focus on gaming" is pretty heavy editorial involvement.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The execs at Vice could be saying something to Waypoint along the lines of, "We don't want you to be this independent thing off to the side, we want you front and center as a core part of our brand." And that's a good sign for job security and support. It just also carries with it a lot more focus on their content from the higher ups. We'll see if that means more changes long term.

This is my present take on things as well. Though I would love for them to keep doing Be Good and Rewatch it--even if they have to start over by focusing on, say, video game movies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly though, at least half the reason I was looking forward to Eva on Netflix was to watch it alongside the Discourse Deliberators, so even though I'm still going to do it for the sake of finally having watched the damn thing, I'm really going to miss watching along with them.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I know he probably didn't mean anything by it but uh, Patrick saying that being gay is a gender thing and that people can finally choose to be gay was a big yikes.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
oh btw that clip of the frasier credits song was some weird DMCA-avoidance up-pitched one.

this is the real thing:

do not let yourselves be corrupted the way natalie was

Oct 25, 2017
Patrick really threw out a "Valve doesn't make games anymore" in the middle of a GaaS discussion. I thought he was joking at first.

Also, and maybe I'm the only one who played it, Epic has been going hard on that stuff since Paragon. They had a "new hero every 3 weeks" program that is insane if you compare it to any other moba. They even won a developer prize for that, if I remember correctly. That whole team is working on Fortnite now and I suspect it laid the groundwork for the current pace.

Last edited:

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
what i would really want out of an evangelion discourse slash rewatch series would be a look at what inspired and is inspired by eva. gurren lagann, space runaway ideon, and eureka seven (there's really too much to mention) are all directly linked to eva. ideon in particular is proto-eva, right down to the production issues and movie finale.

i don't doubt austin has plenty to say on the matter and am eagerly awaiting both the pod and fanservice in equal measure

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing as most of them haven't seen it yet, i mostly just want to hear their reaction to the second half of that show.

Of course extra analysis would be greatly appreciated but given rewatch it was canceled my expectations in that regard are minimal.