• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Chiming in to say that yes, the audio mixing for their podcasts have been quiet since... forever. I just can't listen to any of them while I'm commuting, which isn't the case for any of the other podcasts I listen to. Thankfully, I work from home now so it's rarely a problem for me currently.

I'm glad the crew seems to be loving the lore of Kingdom Hearts. I listened to the first episode and had fun doing so, but it didn't help one iota in making the plot coherent. The moment I was distracted and didn't pay close attention to what they were saying, I was just lost and never got back on track.

Patrick's criticism of KH3 from... last week's episode(?) about the level design and combat was how I felt back when I played the first game. Did not care at all about the story then, and I was either bored or frustrated with the combat and all the platforming. All the worlds felt large yet lifeless. The Gummi ship sections were just tedious. The only parts that I have a hazy recollection of being a good time were these three optional bosses that forced me to engage with all the battle mechanics.

I'll keep listening to the lore cast because it's fun to hear the crew laugh and be obsessed about it, but yeah, it's that and BDG's Unraveled vid (if you haven't seen it, watch it, it's good) are going to be the extent of my Kingdom Hearts consumption.

I would surely love to hear them talk about lore from other games eventually! Dark Souls, Dragon Age, and Destiny would be great.

I'm weirdly fascinated by Resident Evil's universe even though I've only played REmake, REmake 2, 4, and 5 and have only watched Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy's playthrough of 7. I am actually seriously considering watching all the live-action RE movies too because I am a fool.

It's just that Patrick's the only one who has been really into the series and I don't remember him ever being invested in RE's lore the way Austin is for Souls, Natalie is for Dragon Age, and even Cado is for Destiny.

According to the clock in my first Claire playthrough, I am 2.5 or so hours into the game and I completely agree with this. The game paints neither corporations nor police leadership with a kind brush.

yuuuuup

I just recently got past the whole section with Irons on my first Claire B playthrough and holy shit fuuuuuuuuuuck that guy.

also this re2 remake is pretty damn good

Blazing hot take here but I prefer the official Waypoint forum's community to this thread's because the people are less confrontational and sardonic when expressing criticism while discussing with fellow posters, and the moderation team is always on point about deflating tension while having zero tolerance for shitty attitudes as well as talk about the staff's lives and careers.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shout out to Natalie for making a "keys on Van Nuys" joke to herself quietly during Lore Reasons. SoCal radio listeners represent.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The second Lore Reasons is somehow better than the first one

Even the regular podcasts are on a roll right now, it's the best time to be a Waypointer

Also I think some of you genuinely don't understand how 'ah fuck off' is used colloquially by Irish people to react the way you have

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I love that Austin tries to do the "I know" bit in episode 2 of Lore Reasons like 3 separate times but with no one to play off of him for it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in the GB topic but I figured it belonged here. Wonder if they'll find a way get the crew together to stream some of Apex Legends. With the 3-person squads you'd only need one PC in NYC alongside Tricky and Rob.

Also, what do y'all think of machine elves?

x9OaLVZ.jpg

https://ckunzelman.itch.io/the-austin-walker-soundboard

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I just realised that 2 Mello made the Machine Elves video. Mind blown.

It's only the third result for Machine Elves, too. The algorithm got it wrong.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, that's true.

Tactical Tuesdays and Breakfast & Battlegrounds did a fusion dance. It's like the stars aligning for #content.

Oct 27, 2017
The Austin/Patrick/Natalie/Rob with Cado in the background dynamic is pretty excellent. It's a shame Danielle has been pretty absent recently, she's felt a little out of place.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Natalie has really shot up my podcaster ranking lists recently. She's absolutely killing it. She has the weirdest insights/takes on things and i'm here for it

Cado too, Cado and Jan from GB need a podcast

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Rob approaches baking like it was alchemy or incendiary grenade making

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Waypoint has been knocking it out of the park with their podcasts lately. Everyone seems to have stepped up their game, though I agree it's odd Danielle hasn't been on as often.

It seems like this comes at the expense of articles for the site, which is unfortunate, but hopefully the pivot is working out for them.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I sound like a broken record but Natalie is soo sooo sooo good on Lore Reasons

She's always seemed cool but she's the star of the show and completely in her element on these pods, it would be a travesty if Lore Reasons doesn't continue after Kingdom Hearts

Actually Waypoint in general are batting 1000 on this one. It's the perfect fun series that could hook outsiders into the Waypoint Cinematic Universe

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
this clip is exactly what i would show to get someone into either Kingdom Hearts or Waypoint

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Am I the only one annoyed at how low mixed the waypoint podcast is?

It's like the lowest mixed thing of anything I've consumed so I always have to adjust the volume whether I start listening to it and when I've stopped listening to it.
I usually play the podcast off my phone when I'm getting ready in the morning. Beastcast/Bombcast, I can listen to in the shower no problem. Waypoint Radio? May as well not have it play at all because I won't catch a damn thing.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I usually play the podcast off my phone when I'm getting ready in the morning. Beastcast/Bombcast, I can listen to in the shower no problem. Waypoint Radio? May as well not have it play at all because I won't catch a damn thing.
Yeah it's tough. Fix it cado!

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one annoyed at how low mixed the waypoint podcast is?

It's like the lowest mixed thing of anything I've consumed so I always have to adjust the volume whether I start listening to it and when I've stopped listening to it.
To hear everyone, I almost have to put it at max volume in my car. It's a bit aggravating since I sometimes forget how high I have the volume until I switch to another podcast or music and have to quickly adjust the volume to save my eardrums.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Did Patrick seem to get talked over a lot in the latest WPR? I can't tell if it was just a latency thing on their end due to Skype or w/e, or if something is up with how the audio was stitched together. (I was listening on Spotify, but I assume it'd be the same elsewhere.) Also kinda seemed like it was affecting Rob, though nowhere near as severely.

Like there'd be a pause after someone asked a question, then Patrick and someone else would talk at the same time, with no acknowledgement--ever--that it was happening. Just found it really confounding 'cause it was happening very consistently throughout the pod. Also kinda seemed like it was getting worse as the pod went on, but I can't say for certain.

Really good WPR in spite of that, though. Rob baking on camera has to happen now. BLESS THE STREAM, ROB. And shoutout to Natalie for hands down the best "this movie is actually a game" suggestion. It actually made me cackle.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The Cillian Murphy revelation in the Serenity pod has me shook (And extra hilarious given Rob's earliier mispronunciation of ciabatta.)
Did Patrick seem to get talked over a lot in the latest WPR? I can't tell if it was just a latency thing on their end due to Skype or w/e, or if something is up with how the audio was stitched together. (I was listening on Spotify, but I assume it'd be the same elsewhere.) Also kinda seemed like it was affecting Rob, though nowhere near as severely.
It's a latency thing. You can usually hear it during the wrap up when they're giving their Twitter handles, there's a lot of overlap there too.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh is the Serenity pod already up? I finished the Glass one last night so that's good to have immediately.

Oct 26, 2017

Like there'd be a pause after someone asked a question, then Patrick and someone else would talk at the same time, with no acknowledgement--ever--that it was happening. Just found it really confounding 'cause it was happening very consistently throughout the pod. Also kinda seemed like it was getting worse as the pod went on, but I can't say for certain.

Really good WPR in spite of that, though. Rob baking on camera has to happen now. BLESS THE STREAM, ROB. And shoutout to Natalie for hands down the best "this movie is actually a game" suggestion. It actually made me cackle.

I think it might have been a latency/editing issue, definitely more noticeable than usual.

Count me in as enjoying the podcast a lot more lately. I like this combination of people on the show and Natalie is getting better.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Austin dropped the hottest diss track of 2019 on Twitter today wrt that Escapist article/Russ Pitts

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I'd almost respect Russ Pitts more if he just went out and said "yeah, I think Gamergate had a point" instead of just occasionally blurting it out and then passive-aggressively back peddling when people call him out on it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's that time, the time to search twitter limited to who I follow to get context on just how fucking bad Pitts decided to be again.

EDIT:

I can't find exactly what garbage Pitts said to Zoe, but I sure can also find tweets discussing how the Escapist still has fucking personal info of GG targets on it.

his response (now, after having blocked people who brought this up to him before today) is that it's too hard and unfair to the (likely terrible) authors to just take everything during that time down before checking if it's safe to repost, so they have to slowly go through all the old articles and decide what their policy is before they "memory hole" all the offending articles because - get this - he sees that as an issue of "editorial integrity"

but apparently taking eons to take down easily findable personal information... is not?

I think "this article is trying to dox someone" should be a pretty easy thing to judge, my dude. Might have been a thing you should have dealt with before you reopened the site too. Y'know. Maybe.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, in Apeleg I got Wraith's "Machine Elves" banner so I think I'm now obligated to make it my GotY.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
look i know it was already on the page but now i have to repost it again