• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher would be pretty cool maybe but yeah other than that I can't really think of any.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of KHIII got shipped to my Mom's house because I had ordered it 5 years ago, and then she forwarded it to me, and I think it was stolen off my front porch. My mom just sent me the tracking information and it said it was delivered Wednesday, but only one package was received which is weird...

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My copy of KHIII got shipped to my Mom's house because I had ordered it 5 years ago, and then she forwarded it to me, and I think it was stolen off my front porch. My mom just sent me the tracking information and it said it was delivered Wednesday, but only one package was received which is weird...

Maybe your neighbours are just saving you from anime

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
4chan and other irony boards fetishising Armstrong so much back then was a warning sign.
I love that game so much. It extremely pains me that Armstrong is successfully calling out what's wrong with America but advocating some sort of anarcho-libertarian "kidnap poor foreign children and farm their brains" lunacy and people conflate the two and think he's right.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
images_(2).jpg

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe your neighbours are just saving you from anime

But I want my trash Disney anime! 😭

edit: And as someone who has played the majority of Kingdom Heart games and has had their interest slowly waned over the years because of all the bullshit in this story, Waypoint has somehow pulled me back into being excited for the bullshit!

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
4chan and other irony boards fetishising Armstrong so much back then was a warning sign.

i mean hell one of the thing armstrong is complaining about is that discourse has been reduced to internet messageboard hot takes.

8-4 did one fucking hell of a localisation job on that game.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
we're already getting the watch show so that's going to be fairly similar i bet

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
my housemate has been watching yu gi oh (he's japanese so it's a nostalgia thing) and it truly is just utterly ridiculous lore-wise combined with just some real el cheapo animation, just utterly garbage stuff sometimes.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if pokemon lore reasons would work I always hear the pokedex entries can be quite ... unsettling.
For western franchises I liked Austin's Morrowind suggestion. That game had fascinating lore that was part of the different cultures in that world in a cool way for its time. Dragon Age could be fun based on Natalies reaction to the Game Awards Solas/Dread Wolf tease. Outside of that it's actually hard to come up with western stuff... Assassins Creed might be ok although I personally kind of wouldn't care for it but maybe there is something there if people seriously dig into all the modern day stuff.

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping someone would get into Ace Combat so they could dive into the history and politics of Strangereal.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if pokemon lore reasons would work I always hear the pokedex entries can be quite ... unsettling.
For western franchises I liked Austin's Morrowind suggestion. That game had fascinating lore that was part of the different cultures in that world in a cool way for its time. Dragon Age could be fun based on Natalies reaction to the Game Awards Solas/Dread Wolf tease. Outside of that it's actually hard to come up with western stuff... Assassins Creed might be ok although I personally kind of wouldn't care for it but maybe there is something there if people seriously dig into all the modern day stuff.

The problem with Pokédex entries is that there's like... no internal consistency so it falls apart real fast. Like, how do you reconcile all the things that just weirdly mention real world countries, animals, etc.?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Some weird meta-narrative will eventually form from all of the disparate Pokemon lore bits. That is when Lore Reasons: Pokemon needs to happen. It will be a phenomenon not dissimilar to Souls games.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They just barely missed the boat on Lore Reasons Resident Evil. RE2 won't be hot by the time they're done with KH.

Seems like whatever they do needs some topical hook.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
More seriously, BlazBlue's probably too much since I'm not sure any of them have ever had any interest previously (nor have I kept up with it past the first game or two), but I think it would be like... discount-Fate in terms of absolute weirdness and having layer upon layer of unnecessary Proper Noun Terminology, but without the sheer amount of it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like that me needing more sleep is apparently Kingdom Hearts canon now

and now feel a little bad as I emailed in, among other things, about that too when they were still confused last week, but I guess Austin had seen my tweet after the first episode oops

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I like that me needing more sleep is apparently Kingdom Hearts canon now

and now feel a little bad as I emailed in, among other things, about that too when they were still confused last week, but I guess Austin had seen my tweet after the first episode oops
Lemme see if I can help.

Austin voice:
"Deepflaw, my dude. My dude, we all need more sleep. It's 2019. If you are out here getting an appropriate amount of sleep your life is likely going too well."

Natalie voice:
"So get on our level and sleep like crap."

Austin voice:
"Like crap, right?"

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lemme see if I can help.

Austin voice:
"Deepflaw, my dude. My dude, we all need more sleep. It's 2019. If you are out here getting an appropriate amount of sleep your life is likely going too well."

Natalie voice:
"So get on our level and sleep like crap."

Austin voice:
"Like crap, right?"
I can hear this in their voices. Well done.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
god no lore reasons cannot be allowed to enter the realm of the mass market paperbacks they put out or we'll be here forever

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Zero Escape doesn't really have that much lore, I feel.

Especially when ZTD kinda ignores and/or throws out a lot of stuff from VLR because ???????