• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Warhammer seems like a great Lore Reason exept that it's maybe too vast and there's no natural start and endpoint.

There's lots of fun insanity though.

They could do the knockoff Warcraft 1,2,3 and WOW. But i'm not sure if the WOW stuff is compelling enough.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
I have wanted for Rob and Austin to go over Warhammer (fantasy, AoS, 40k you name it) for so long. There are so many interesting things to talk about like its use of the aesthetics of fascism, the influence of north UK labor and identity politics, irs radical departure in the 80's from what was considered standard game fare and styles, its licensing strategy, the influence it has had on tabletop and video game design, the disruption and innovations it brought to the wargaming space, the opening up of wargaming to the non hardcore communities, the huge amount of influence it gained in pre-fall of the Berlin wall Eastern European gaming communities and has maintained since then, the behind the scenes power struggles that impacted the design of the game, fan influence, the big reorganization and resulting tone changes. There is so many interesting directions that conversation can go.

I'm curious if they bring it up during the upcoming Event Horizon pod given that the film was explicitly inspired by Warhammer.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Are they even both on that one? From the end of the Serenity episode it sounded more like a Patrick and Danielle led thing, IIRC?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they get to stream semi-regularly. I've been an avid listener of their podcasts for a few months now and only finally did I start watching some of their x-com two stuff.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know it might go down well, but I had absolutely no interest in nearly every Waypoont stream they ever did. They need to focus on podcasts now, for plenty of reasons.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Natalie gets back to big boy seaosn. I really need to see what Austin and Danielle think of the Bloodborne DLC. Easily some of the best stuff in the game.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i still want to get in on their xcom play through some day

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Natalie gets back to big boy seaosn. I really need to see what Austin and Danielle think of the Bloodborne DLC. Easily some of the best stuff in the game.
I must have seen some version of this statement a couple dozen times by now and every time I say I'll play the DLC and never do.

Way back when I remember hoping GB would do something with it so I could at least see the content and that didn't happen, then Natalie starting the game gave me hope that I'd finally see it and that aint happening either. I think I'm just fated to never see that DLC.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
We'll still get a savepoint stream every year, I think?

Also the first thing Rob said on the latest waypoint radio is just...too much
Austin: We're switching out Patrick for Rob
Rob: Congrats on the free upgrade

I don't think Sunless Skies is a game for me but it was fun hearing Rob talk about.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
robs too fuckin' savage. guess that's what happens when you control empires all the time

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
800. Jesus Christ. I remember seeing "hundreds" thrown around in the days leading up to this but I didn't expect a number that large.

Glad to see Patrick just going for it with that title.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
PANZER VOR, MOTHERFUCKERS! TOOT TOOT

oh god if we get a full rob zacny breakdown of Senshado/tankery explained to a disbelieving Patrick and Natalie I will die

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
These Lore Reasons requests are gonna turn it into an Endurance Run situation: the more you ask, the less likely they are to do it.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
there's not enough lore for GuP. i will settle for a All Systems Girls und Panzer (waypoint edition) (well there is a fair amount of lore actually but it's not really the exciting bit of GuP, the exciting bits of GuP are the tactical chessboards of tank warfare)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe i never thought of the GuP Austin/Rob intersection before