• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Great to hear Austin speak gushingly about sekiro. Seems to really understand the combat flow of the game.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
RIP I fucked up and didn't start the spoilercast till like an hour or two ago so I submitted a question for the exam probably way too late

I sorta assumed they'd just do it from audience-written questions (they did live question buckets like that before) and failed to check

EDIT: oh thank god

someone sent in an email to the spoilercast that covered that exact thing

the reaction was everything I hoped for

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018
GI2Wi7I.jpg

Squad goals.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Easy mode in Sekiro is as easy as Sekiro + Cheat Engine, unless you are a grandma who still uses AOL one can figure that out using the magic of the internet. A mod might require even less effort.The only barrier i can imagine is middle aged people being really afraid of download sites.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Is their panel going to be posted on youtube or something? Not seeing anything on the twitch page.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You know the story of how Patrick's wife refuses the existence of all anime was funny for a time, but the joke doesn't last when all zelda is is a Ghibli film made into a game series. Patrick may have excuses,doesn't need to force his wife to do anything, but a caucasion man being deliberately ignorant so they can get those anime and evangelion jokes in there just aren't that funny to me. It just sound like your first anime club in college and that's just cringe worthy if it weren't for more insightful people being there like austin.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I was not ready for that mark of mastery of mastery exam. It was too good. I will admit I would have flunked out on all questions but the org 13 name question which I think I could have aced after dying to them so often in KH2.
Wonder what that says about lore reasons that after listening to 10+ hours of that I'm as unprepared as them x).

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Lore reason still only condenses moments from several hundreads hours of games, you can not discuss all that nonsense on such a limited amount of time.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I thiiiink I would have gotten almost all of them, but I've played all of the games myself, and recently

the Twilight Town kids thing is very funny to me because in the start of 2 Roxas shouts "Hayner, Pence, Olette!" a lot

Lore reason still only condenses moments from several hundreads hours of games, you can not discuss all that nonsense on such a limited amount of time.

they specifically only included questions with stuff they'd covered

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anybody's curious about the Weezerverse, I saw them tonight. They covered Africa, it was awful. Crowd was completely dead, and Weezer couldn't muster any enthusiasm either. It was just a flat delivery of an internet joke IRL.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I was not ready for that mark of mastery of mastery exam. It was too good. I will admit I would have flunked out on all questions but the org 13 name question which I think I could have aced after dying to them so often in KH2.
Wonder what that says about lore reasons that after listening to 10+ hours of that I'm as unprepared as them x).

Is there an archive of this?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
fuckin spoilers damnit

(i'm joking i don't care that much)

i've only just started listenign to the live panel but i love what i've heard so far, them just looking out for tiny games is so nice

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Natalie cried at work because of kingdom hearts

there was no doubt that her Heart is stronger than Austin's or Patrick's

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely say to watch it if you can; I have no idea what stuff the stream did or didn't catch, but there is definitely something gained by seeing them during this... especially given Patrick, but even beyond that

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's their CDN or what, but it won't let me download that latest episode, not even the mp3 directly lol
Tried several apps, too.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Giant Bomb PAX Panel and goddamnit its so frustrating that Austin never recommends the 0079 Movie Trilogy its the best *and* most accessible way to watch 0079. There's a Blu-Ray set and everything!

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the 0079 movies a few years ago and really enjoyed them. They turned me completely around on Gundam after someone tricked me into watching SEED as a first exposure to the series.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Really nice to see Patrick citing Civilization for its great difficulty options in his "Easy Modes" article. It's been consistently excellent at offering such customisation options, and I think it's one of the reasons Civilization is so popular. From Settler to Deity, Civ offers a wide range of experiences to match all skillsets and preferences.

Yeah, Civ does that really well, although IMO CIv also isn't based around challenge at all, which is why I disagree with the article's main point.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Civ does that really well, although IMO CIv also isn't based around challenge at all, which is why I disagree with the article's main point.

I mean, to be able to beat a CIV game on it's highest difficulty you'll need extensive knowledge of the game and have probably played it for far longer than anything souls games demand of you.

I get the appeal of a singular difficulty. It forces one to learn the game, sometimes past the point one would have chosen if difficulty options had been available. The community aspect of beating a particular, universal, challenge can also be big.

However i've never heard of modding making a game worse, for example. And that's because there's really nothing bad in people making up their own "houserules". "Officially sanctioned by the dev" is purely psychological, imo.

From could make an "intended way to play" mode and still offer modifiers for the people that want/need them. I'm not angry they don't do it, rescources in development are limited, but i don't really see how it would make their games worse.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get into Gundam but the price of the Blu-ray sets are a joke (£114 for the original series) and that series Austin recommends is straight up unavailable here in the UK legally.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this lovingly, and I totally understand that Waypoint is trying different things to see what works in a volatile media climate that requires an enormous amount of ingenuity and persistence on the part of anyone trying to carve out a niche for themselves, but: I would sell some toes to see their analytics for how these Jane Austen podcasts are performing, or to be a fly on the wall for meetings about the direction and aim of these podcasts, because it seems like a very odd turn to me and I have to assume that there is some story on the back end that we aren't privy to

It makes some sense to me that they'd be surprisingly good at retaining dedicated Waypoint listeners—I feel like the sort of people who are committed in their appreciation of Austin and Rob's podcasting identity & general critical lens would probably listen to those two guys podcast the phone book—but it seems like it'd be a real tough sell for someone who is on Waypoint.com for the 1st-through-10th time looking for gaming news and criticism

it feels like there's been so much identity-shifting and so much experimenting on the part of Waypoint, Kotaku, Polygon, RPS, Giant Bomb, yadda yadda, over the past year—I'm sure that if the content of their analytics reports and brand-strategy meetings were ever put together, there'd be a fascinating story there about modern readership and the trajectory of games criticism. it's sad that all that information is probably never going to be put together, at least for those of us without a press badge of our own