• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
POWERPLAY

DOUBLE WORD SCORE

DOUBLE SHIRT SCORE

STRONG ENERGY

FIVE STAR PODCAST FIVE STAR RUNTIME FIVE STAR SHIRT

Last edited:

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
That was not what I was expecting.

Edit: oh shit Dungeon Meshi mention. Go read Dungeon Meshi.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
dungeon meshi is fantastic; effortlessly funny, charming, and warm but it doesn't pull its punches when it wants to get real
incredible art and character designs too

DXjj0XPX4AAn0W3.jpg

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Dungeon Meshi is worth a read just for Marcilles expression at the terrrible shit they have to eat.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
He mentions:
Death Parade
SSSS.Gridman
Gurren Lagann
Hunter x Hunter

So it may be one of those. He spoke highly of Death Parade and Gridman.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon meshi is the dark souls of food manga (not even joking)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's been some years but I was fond of Death Parade, it's a neat thing. And the OP song fucking rules, there's that.

the band recreated the video for the hell of it too, which is fun:

also, there's an OVA from before the series (that isn't super important at all but is canon/referenced a bit) called Death Billiards that I believe is available on YouTube, so I'd suggest checking that out if you want to see what it's like before watching the show

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
So is there doom in the future for Waypoint? Cryptic message about Be Good and Rewatch it, no more ads in podcast, and "as if this will be our last stream ever"?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's been some years but I was fond of Death Parade, it's a neat thing. And the OP song fucking rules, there's that.

the band recreated the video for the hell of it too, which is fun:

also, there's an OVA from before the series (that isn't super important at all but is canon/referenced a bit) called Death Billiards that I believe is available on YouTube, so I'd suggest checking that out if you want to see what it's like before watching the show

Wait. Having not yet heard the episode, your post is making me think of a thing I once watched about two guys who died and then played billiards in a purgatory bar to see who would go up and who would go down. Is that the thing? And there's a whole series about it?

Oct 27, 2017
So is there doom in the future for Waypoint? Cryptic message about Be Good and Rewatch it, no more ads in podcast, and "as if this will be our last stream ever"?
Austin recently was like "...for now." When he referenced himself being the EIC so I deffo am picking up some cynical views about the longevity of the site. Hoping for the best!

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I swear dragon's dogma had a lock on. Was Natalie playing on hard difficulty or something?

Edit: NVM, it was Nier automata that I was thinking about, which removes lock on on higher difficulties.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Danielle is also producing stuff for the VICE instagram channel and Austin seems to be involved with editing for some Motherboard stuff, so it seems like they are less directly tied to Waypoint.

One Vice and all that shit.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Having not yet heard the episode, your post is making me think of a thing I once watched about two guys who died and then played billiards in a purgatory bar to see who would go up and who would go down. Is that the thing? And there's a whole series about it?

Yeah, that's almost certainly it. If you liked that, you should definitely check the full series out.

It kinda starts with episodes that are just games like that, and then gets more into the world/characters who run the games too.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
This dragons dogma song fucking rules what the fuck

It's the hypest shit ever and when Dark Arisen was a ps+ I thought it would be a great time to finally play that expansion since I never did before when I just have the base game on 360.

But I was distraught to learn Dangan was removed as the title screen music and it basically gutted all my drive to play the game. I have strange priorities.

I'll wait on the next big sale on steam so I can buy it and mod the music back in for the proper experience.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i think i have dragons dogma. i should probably play it

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2 is the best game ever made imo.

The first is rad in its core but it's sloppy on a few fronts that are frustrating.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying. It's so easy to see how a second attempt at Dragon's Dogma could distill what's good and polish it to a shine.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Except Dragon's dogma's world was such a tedious, uninteresting piece of shit to explore holy shit.

Yaa...

Dragon's Dogma was unfortunately a game that I wanted to like more than I did. It has such huge fundamental flaws that are hard to overlook if the combat with monsters doesn't carry the game enough for you.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
this dragon's dogma segment is dangerous.

i now have a killer urge to (re)play dragon's dogma

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DD is weird because I didn't play it until after they put fast travel in. I imagine that the "venture forth on a quest into the wilderness with no ripcord to pull" aspect of the game could feel cool, but that the wilderness basically always meant "sort of hilly forest land."

You got some enemy variety in different zones but it all kind of feels the same... gunna get ambushed by bandits on this road, probably will encounter an monster at any bottleneck, there's open camps or dens with loot available if you stray from the road.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
you know, assassin's creed unity immediately put me off with how smarmy and campy everything in the game is. but that same attitude totally works in assassin's creed odyssey because i can treat it like it's xena: the game. it turns the campiness and badassery into pluses that pull me into the world, instead of things that drag me out of it.

what i'm saying is, danielle riendeau was right

it's amazing what context can do for a game.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i mean botw wouldn't work if the exploration (primarily the gliding + climbing allied to the world design) wasn't satisfying as fuck, and it still doesn't work for some people for some reason, so I can see if any of those elements are worse in DD that that sucks butts

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
i mean botw wouldn't work if the exploration (primarily the gliding + climbing allied to the world design) wasn't satisfying as fuck, and it still doesn't work for some people for some reason, so I can see if any of those elements are worse in DD that that sucks butts
i'd say ddda is about adventuring, not exploration. it's basically D&D in action open world game form; you have four party members and you venture forth into the unknown, surviving with your skill and wits.

i'm not really clear on where the botw comparison is coming from.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
austin said that botw to him felt like an evolved or focused version of dd