• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
that thread is a bit melodramatic but considering recent events...

in the past few months they've
- made a dramatic pivot to podcasting over all other output
- lost their dedicated streaming/podcast recording space that they've had since launching and are now recording out of a... shared control room (?)
- had their newest podcast cancelled, despite it resonating with their audience and already doing well enough to be attractive to advertisers

sure no one has lost their jobs but it's kind of hard not to worry about the health of the site

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, which indicates they are now being pressure to boost vice as a whole rather than operating independently.

If I wanted motherboards tweets I would follow motherboard. But now once vice means the Twitter feed has turned into a fairly generic vice feed rather than something with Waypoints point of view
Nothing new since they've done this before.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
If some pop culture articles allows them to keep making socially conscious content then I'm okay with that.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, their first post-merge article is up:

Over 100 Riot Games Employees Walked Out Today to End Forced Arbitration
It appears on the main Vice directory, as well as the Gaming directory, so it will give a lot more visibility for their articles. Not clear on whether the writers are contributors to Gaming, another section, or what; the "About" page on the writers keeps 404ing...

Working for me. The first name doesn't have a title, but Nicole Clark is a "Culture Writer and Critic"

EDIT: Matthew Gault is a writer for Motherboard

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Curse you, Twitter, for being the conduit of all information these days.

If I was an old, I would also shake my fist during this post.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
DWa7L27VoAEx8sB

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
honestly

Natalie going from intern to the fantastic podcaster she is now is one of the best things to come out of waypoint

whatever she's going to do next, she'll be great at it

but I'm gonna miss the joyous gamer......

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I feel like it's important to note that both the Discord and the official forums are still around, which is pretty much the main community aspect of the site.
I doubt they'll be going anywhere, even if the worst happens to the Waypoint team.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I've been out of the loop with Waypoint for a few months now but was feeling pretty enthusiastic about jumping back in after the charity stream. That enthusiasm is kind of taking a hit right now though, the next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Wishing Natalie the best in whatever she'll be doing next.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Danielle is technically leaving, too, huh. She's Managing Editor for Vice and podcast host for Waypoint.

I'm officially bummed out now.
I've been out of the loop with Waypoint for a few months now but was feeling pretty enthusiastic about jumping back in after the charity stream. That enthusiasm is kind of taking a hit right now though, the next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Wishing Natalie the best in whatever she'll be doing next.
If you like the pods, the Savepoint streams will be right up your alley, I think. They're just... fun.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. Wish her the best wherever she lands but not gonna lie this feels like Patrick and/or Austin leaving GB again. ; _ ;

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Natalie has really made her mark on Waypoint in the time she's been there. It's a bummer to see her go, but I'm sure she'll do great stuff wherever she's going.

I just hope it's still in games coverage, because it would suck to lose a voice like hers.

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017
In case anybody doesn't have time to listen to the pod immediately but still wants to know what Natalie said about what she's doing, she said it is "outside media, but it still has to do with video games" and then they clarify that it isn't game development.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
vice's hompage is bonkers. Royal baby rankings, riot employee walkouts, the Mormon church hiding sexual abuse accusations and the kink where you put ginger into your butt.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
In case anybody doesn't have time to listen to the pod immediately but still wants to know what Natalie said about what she's doing, she said it is "outside media, but it still has to do with video games" and then they clarify that it isn't game development.

Consulting?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, was trying to think what's outside media, involves video games, but doesn't involve developing video games

academia?

whatever it might be, wishing natalie the best—she's been a great part of waypoint

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Social media marketing person / whatever they call community managers now?

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking dammit. Natalie's chemistry with the Waypoint crew was outstanding. Between losing her and Danielle changing positions, it's...well it's not a gutting, but it feels like a big hit.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
vice's hompage is bonkers. Royal baby rankings, riot employee walkouts, the Mormon church hiding sexual abuse accusations and the kink where you put ginger into your butt.

Hmm.

Maybe the change will have me going to Vice.com more often.

And yeah, very happy for Natalie that she is moving on to new and exciting things, but damn...what a loss. Waypoint becoming my favorite podcast crew very much had to do with Natalie becoming a bigger and bigger part of their overall dynamic. Between her leaving and Danielle making fewer appearances, it seems Rob, Austin, Patrick, and Cado are going to have their work cut out for them.

OP
OP
Mezentine

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm less concerned about this change than some, I guess, if only because I'm hopeful that maybe it means they'll get a bit more budget to experiment with the types of content they've had to wind down in the last year. I really did like their earlier written content and I'd like to see them get another stab at that with a "soft refresh"

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking dammit. Natalie's chemistry with the Waypoint crew was outstanding. Between losing her and Danielle changing positions, it's...well it's not a gutting, but it feels like a big hit.

not sure if mentioned but waypoint was also one of the few places to hear MORE THAN ONE WOMAN ON A GAMING PODCAST AT A TIME

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wait why the fuck are they talking about snow halation

Are we love live now

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
austin and gang have to win the school idol competition to save waypoint from shutting down