• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Infinite Warfare is worth a playthrough just for the best robot buddy of 2016.
EagerVillainousAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I've never been a COD person and I completely forgot about the Brian Bloom, Kit Harrington space COD and how much people liked it

I really should give that a try, Brian Bloom is great in everything

tumblr_nhg6ueSoPm1rv99hwo4_r1_250.gif

I don't think the story is particularly good, but some of the set pieces are very cool, I liked a decent number of the characters - your good, fantastic, incredible robot friend Ethan and Claudia Black as Mac, your ship's Geordi LaForge, are fuckin great - and your space fighter goes down the launch tube like whoosh, which gets me pretty much every time.

UE3vwEt.jpg

Also, just standing on the bridge of a big ol' spaceship and looking out at all that beautiful space will always be my jam. God I want a good new Star Trek game.

Yea okay while I do love Ethan it's incredibly hard to beat BT for top fantastic robot friend, in 2016 or any other year.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite Warfare is legit one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played. Very well written in comparison to the rest of the series and the cast was full of really likeable characters. Great setting and cool mission structure that shook things up a bit with the optional stuff. I noticed it on sale on Amazon for £7 one day during their Black Friday deals the year after it came out and bought it on a whim, really glad I did.

I remember tons of people moaning about the space setting replacing the usual "'merica fuck yeah" stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
It's always weird to me that people speak so highly of 2016 FPS campaigns when Titanfall 2's mech sections are a bore and whenever it gets somewhat entertaining (running around walls while shooting guys) it has to switch to another dull gimmick every chapter. And Doom 2016, while pretty good, still shows that even Doom has to resort to ~~light RPG elements~~ to survive in the modern gaming industry with 3-4 different upgrade currencies and paths for ~~player progression~~ so that means you'll be doing plenty of meandering during empty levels in the first half before they become corridors during the second part. And that's without getting into that half your playtime will be spent watching canned fatality animations because of how limited your ammo supply is during the first few chapters (which ties into the RPG elements).

CODoody Infinite Dehumanization was kind of fun even if it's still limited by the fact that it has to be a COD game both in gameplay and tone.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Infinite Warfare in a sale a while back and didn't play it immediately. When I finally got around to it, downloaded it, launched it, that's when I find out I had actually bought Advanced Warfare.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Infinite Warfare in a sale a while back and didn't play it immediately. When I finally got around to it, downloaded it, launched it, that's when I find out I had actually bought Advanced Warfare.
I had a similar situation. Bought infinite warfare during a steam sale, went to go play it, completely broken and won't play (known problem on PC) and couldn't refund anymore as it was too long. So went and bought it used at Gamestop for 5$ for PS4. :D

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
well when the earth is a scorched ruin and I'm fighting a wild dog for a bottle of water at least I'll look nice in my poliwag dress shirt

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fun just listening to them go insane with speculation

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
We still don't know where Natalie went right? I hope we hear her in a future podcast.
Yeah, she still hasn't said anything publicly. Makes me wonder if it's a startup or some project that hasn't been announced at all. I mean, Joel straight up said where he was going on his last day, so I doubt it's an issue with talking about a competitor or anything like that.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It felt weird for them to basically bring up and then immediately gloss over Sega when talking about Japanese companies that Microsoft could buy. Sega makes a TON of sense- they have a deep well of IP that they could get people hyped for by announcing a remake, they are a well-established PC company with tons of successful titles (which is important with Gamepass coming to PC), and they have the most dedicated fanbase in the world who will buy any game associated with the brand no matter how shitty it is (Sonic), and the Yakuza team is a fucking machine that is able to crank out games on very short turnaround. Of any major Japanese company for Microsoft to buy, Sega makes the most "sense"

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
It felt weird for them to basically bring up and then immediately gloss over Sega when talking about Japanese companies that Microsoft could buy. Sega makes a TON of sense- they have a deep well of IP that they could get people hyped for by announcing a remake, they are a well-established PC company with tons of successful titles (which is important with Gamepass coming to PC), and they have the most dedicated fanbase in the world who will buy any game associated with the brand no matter how shitty it is (Sonic), and the Yakuza team is a fucking machine that is able to crank out games on very short turnaround. Of any major Japanese company for Microsoft to buy, Sega makes the most "sense"
Well they brought up Sega does well so they'd be harder to acquire then other developers.

Oct 25, 2017
Sega is an American company though
EDIT nvm, it was founded by white folks

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Have they even bought a company recently that's anywhere near the scale Sega is?

Oct 25, 2017
Basically they heard last year that something like that was going to happen. They were just speculating. Patrick saying it would be awesome if they bought Capcom pissed me off, though lol

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

Sega/Samy is pretty big. MS has deep pockets but i don't think they'll go as far as gobbling up a conglomerate that includes tuff like pachinko machines just for a few Strategy game IP's.

Especially since with Age of Empires they have plenty of IP strength on their own. Though i guess that's technically a SEGA game too lol.

If MS is looking for bigger devs to buy, studios like Insomniac, Platinum or Remedy make more sense imo. Way cheaper too.

If MS buys a part of Sega it's likely going to be Relic. They've been struggling and they've already developped 2 first party games for Microsoft.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
This Gundam/Quiet Man theory is really tinfoil hatty, but "UC0079" would be an insane coincidence.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just 'cuz Austin is a subtweet fiend doesn't mean y'all have to be.

What is a "cumslut man" and why do you think that's commonly-known gossip?

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always wondered what convinced Danika to take a job at an incredibly niche Netflix show. I mean, maybe she knew that Waypoint was going to see hard times and left early, but still seemed like a downgrade.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Always wondered what convinced Danika to take a job at an incredibly niche Netflix show. I mean, maybe she knew that Waypoint was going to see hard times and left early, but still seemed like a downgrade.
Not just a netflix show. The company that makes Dragon Prince is also making games based on the Dragon Prince and is going to be doing other ventures as well.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn,

Rob does 5-star podcasts, 5-star runtimes, and 5-star endorsements.

Wasn't part of Danika's priority to get to California?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...some of those things with "season 1" don't have second seasons?

EDIT: hell, both AnoHana and Angel Beats don't even have enough episodes (11 and 13 respectively) that you could split them in half and call the second half season 2, huh

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
7Seeds is very good btw.

I don't know if this anime adaptation is good, but the manga is one of the best post-apocalyptic stories that I've read that is actually written in a female voice.