• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
When are the waypoint podcasts posted? Seems like yesterday's hasn't gone up yet unless I've missed something? (I mean the post Microsoft Bethesda one, not Day -2)

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. I love hearing Waypoints take on games, but really don't have time unfortunately to listen to ~8 hours of podcasts LOL.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one who listened to the Pride & Prejudice Be Good & Rewatch It series would be surprised by these podcast lengths.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Well, the fact that no one actually listened to it is why they don't do that series anymore!

Austin said that series did decent numbers. It was shut down by their superiors at Vice during the restructuring because they wanted them to focus more on games, not because of the audience size.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I love these guys but Cado's laugh is just way too much for me. I know it's harsh to hate someone's laugh but I just want him not to laugh into the mic... Or anywhere near it.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I love these guys but Cado's laugh is just way too much for me. I know it's harsh to hate someone's laugh but I just want him not to laugh into the mic... Or anywhere near it.
No, I'm with you. It was funny as a background element during Lore Reasons, but now that he's getting put on-mic more often, the shrillness/frequency of the laugh can get a little grating. Dude shrieks with laughter at even the slightest provocation.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was slightly heartened to hear that waypoint gets in the 10s of thousands of listeners. that's good numbers for a podcast.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Four hours+ for Day -1? They could have put that out yesterday, jeez.

5 STAR PODCASTS

5 AM RUNTIMES

Well, the fact that no one actually listened to it is why they don't do that series anymore!

lol dude they've said multiple times that it definitely got good numbers so that's not even close to true

it's entirely the Vice site structure stuff that had them stop it

(also: it ruled)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Cado's laugh is one of the best things about the podcast. I won't let y'all take it away from me!

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Cado's laugh is one of the best things about the podcast. I won't let y'all take it away from me!

I felt so bad even saying it, to complain about something as positive as laughter feels bad.

But it is just the frequency and loudness of it that can be quite abrasive. Especially because it feels like the things he's laughing at aren't that funny, it's just like his reaction to things so it feels like I'm being shouted at unnecessarily. Here I am being prescriptive about what deserves laughter now. Maybe I'll just excuse myself. :P

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I felt so bad even saying it, to complain about something as positive as laughter feels bad.

But it is just the frequency and loudness of it that can be quite abrasive. Especially because it feels like the things he's laughing at aren't that funny, it's just like his reaction to things so it feels like I'm being shouted at unnecessarily. Here I am being prescriptive about what deserves laughter now. Maybe I'll just excuse myself. :P

I haven't listened to the podcast in months because of the increased presence of Cado, and it makes me feel really, really shitty for being so annoyed by something like someone's laughter.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Cado vs. Simone de Rochefort from Polygon in a laugh-off. Sign me up to listen to that, no joke.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
you recognizing it's shitty yet you still feel compelled to share on a public forum

Dude, you're right, I know. Iit's not because I dislike the guy or his contribution in general and it's one of those things I wanted to verbalise (or textualise in this case) to get a read on how much of a 'me being an asshole' thing it is. It's why I acknowledged up front I don't think it's a fair thing.

I think it's a bit like being annoyed by someone jiggling their legs next to you on a sofa. It's not being an asshole to dislike that, but the jiggling the leg thing isn't (usually) an intentional thing. I think it's just a bit muddier because something about disliking laughter is so inherently negative.

Friends give friends space to work stuff out.

That's a lovely way to put it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I despise the disingenuousness behind the whole "welp, if multiple people verify this shitty attack on someone, then it's not really a shitty attack on someone and I'm actually an OK person!" Like, it still is, and you're totally not. Stop trying to gaslight others into thinking this kind of personal attack is normal.

Kyle Barrett , klauskorp , and Brakke do better. This isn't a Cado problem, this is a you problem.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I despise the disingenuousness behind the whole "welp, if multiple people verify this shitty attack on someone, then it's not really a shitty attack on someone and I'm actually an OK person!" Like, it still is, and you're totally not. Stop trying to gaslight others into thinking this kind of personal attack is normal.

Kyle Barrett , klauskorp , and Brakke do better. This isn't a Cado problem, this is a you problem.

Okay, fair point. I'll do better.

I am listening to the podcast now.

EDIT: Though, I really don't like this being referred to as a personal attack. It is personal, there's no getting around that. But it's not an attack and I certainly don't want to hurt feelings by pointing it out.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Attack" sure doesn't describe what's happened here. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't even agree with the assessment of Cado's voice, so I dunno how you figure I "verified" it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, fair point. I'll do better.

I am listening to the podcast now.

EDIT: Though, I really don't like this being referred to as a personal attack. It is personal, there's no getting around that. But it's not an attack and I certainly don't want to hurt feelings by pointing it out.
"Critique" doesn't convey the vitriol inherent to saying such things. So I went with "attack".

I don't think it's inaccurate.
"Attack" sure doesn't describe what's happened here. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't even agree with the assessment of Cado's voice, so I dunno how you figure I "verified" it.
I assumed you were referring to Cado "working" on his laugh, but I see now I misread that. The direction this page was taking made me assume the worst.

Sorry.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
"Critique" doesn't convey the vitriol inherent to saying such things. So I went with "attack".

I don't think it's inaccurate.

Inherent vitriol? Really?

I acknowledge it's a personal criticism; and again, emphasis on the personal, which is the problem. Not necessarily this semantic argument we're having. However I am pretty sure how I framed it all the way has been as a means to not make it an attack and there's certainly no inherent or explicit vitriol.

Please take this moment as a positive, there's no need to double down on villifying my comments. I made a mistake, you're right it's a me problem.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I'm the weird guy who prefers the first two arcs and gave up during Stardust Crusaders because I found it boring and I swear to Christ, at least a quarter of the reason is that Roundabout was no longer the credits song. It was so fucking good.

You're not alone, friend. Part 1 and 2 are the best parts of Jojo and everything afterwards in the anime has not gotten even a bit close to roller coaster ride that is Battle Tendency.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
parts 4 and 7 are the best JoJo parts

part 3 is kinda bad

part 6 is good and part 5 is iffy but I read the older bad translation

1 is ok and 2 is good but both are very... dated...

(I read the manga like 6 years ago + watched a few episodes of part 4)

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
parts 4 and 7 are the best JoJo parts

part 3 is kinda bad

part 6 is good and part 5 is iffy but I read the older bad translation

1 is ok and 2 is good but both are very... dated...

(I read the manga like 6 years ago + watched a few episodes of part 4)

I just never felt Part 4. I like Jojo the most when it's more serialized and Part 4 was half monster of the week. Kira was a fun viilain though but like Dio I felt like the conclusion was... ok? It was better than DIO who went out like a chump in Part 3 and it just felt completely flat and unearned. Part 2 and everything around Kars was god damn great and ends perfectly with perfect build up and pay off and SO NO CHI NO SA DA ME.

Honestly I've been liking Part 5 more than the first half of Part 4.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For some reason I never knew we had a waypoint hangout. Probably my favorite gaming podcast right now. Super happy to find this.