• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit joyous that the discourse has shifted to Blue Lions like it always should have been

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god this fire emblem discussion is so good. I hadn't twigged that we had three house reps

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
all this Dedue love

EAsB-GIU8AMMXlz

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
guide to perfect teatime with Salarians

tea: jasmine green tea
sweet: raspberry hamantaschen
topic 1: interesting wild animals and plants you've spotted recently...
topic 2: the changes in the new overwatch patch...
topic 3: cute monks...
"wow, these teacups not only look nice, but they feel good to hold too. don't you agree?" laugh disagree nod

and then you can stare longingly into my eyes while I blush

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I love FETH's look. maybe not the most technically accomplished game ever, but it captures a mood very well. love to sprint around the chill anime monastery

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The FE cutscenes look awful. The text is completely fucked in handheld (haven't played docked yet). In conversations, the backgrounds are often weirdly distorted.

Game looks bad, but is good.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the conversation backgrounds are like spheres with weird screenshots pasted inside, it looks so bizarre

clothing textures aside, the character models looks great at least

Oct 27, 2017
I love FETH's look. maybe not the most technically accomplished game ever, but it captures a mood very well. love to sprint around the chill anime monastery
Models looks good, and it reminds me of Persona 4 in the low-fi nature of the cut scenes. Really the game brings back the memories of Persona 4 in a way Persona 5 never could.

Oct 27, 2017
FETH having full voice-acting for a long game with *lots* of characters makes it feel as though its production values are higher-spec than they actually are. I was legitimately impressed when even rando NPCs you see only once were voiced.

Oct 25, 2017
Just read Rob's piece on System Shock 2 and I wonder if he ever read Barthes' Camera Lucida? The paragraph describing the Hybrids and how what you see is more than just their model immediately reminded me of Barthes concepts of "studium" and "punctum" in a photograph.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i want to make a more overt 12 year old BL joke but it's highly inappropriate

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
In Ep. 255 Austin mentioned a Waypoint contributor that was running a YouTube series covering a Dwarf Fortress tutorial for noobs.

I think the name was Jack D.-something. I saw there was a Jack de Quidt doing DF vids on YT. Is that the same guy?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
In Ep. 255 Austin mentioned a Waypoint contributor that was running a YouTube series covering a Dwarf Fortress tutorial for noobs.

I think the name was Jack D.-something. I saw there was a Jack de Quidt doing DF vids on YT. Is that the same guy?
Yeah they're also on Friends at the Table with Austin.

Edited for correction.

Last edited:

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

I'm 90% sure it's Them. They used to write for waypoint at least.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure Jack uses they/them pronouns now, fwiw.

but it is likely them, yes; I've not seen any of their DF videos but the Hitman videos I've seen are very good, would recommend

Oct 27, 2017
My partner is playing Blue Lions and honestly I'm surprised how more direct and involved the story is to the characters in that class. The shit that goes on with Dimitri and Dedue is wild. The stuff that happens after the time skip is WILDLY different in tone compared to what I'm experiencing with the Golden Deers. My partner legit teared up seeing what happens to Dimitri and crew after while mine was definitely not that.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
My partner is playing Blue Lions and honestly I'm surprised how more direct and involved the story is to the characters in that class. The shit that goes on with Dimitri and Dedue is wild. The stuff that happens after the time skip is WILDLY different in tone compared to what I'm experiencing with the Golden Deers. My partner legit teared up seeing what happens to Dimitri and crew after while mine was definitely not that.

GD has been largely correctly identified as the happytimes fun crew of fire emblem, for better or for worse

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Only just wrapped up last Friday's podcast but I already kind of want to check out Blue Lions. I was originally not planning to play more than one route but the more I hear about Blue Lions the more it seems like they would have a really interesting post time skip story.

Hopefully they eventually do a spoilercast because that should be a fun listen if everybody goes in with limited knowledge of other routes.

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
guide to perfect teatime with Salarians

tea: jasmine green tea
sweet: raspberry hamantaschen
topic 1: interesting wild animals and plants you've spotted recently...
topic 2: the changes in the new overwatch patch...
topic 3: cute monks...
"wow, these teacups not only look nice, but they feel good to hold too. don't you agree?" laugh disagree nod

and then you can stare longingly into my eyes while I blush

Tea: Yellow Tea

Topic 1: Critical analysis of algorithmic decision making and structuralism as it relates to technology
Topic 2: Venting about all the ways we were told the world is better than it really is growing up
Topic 3: Interpersonal communication, what makes it hard, how we hurt each other, and how to get better at it

I'm great at parties!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i absolutely hate how the stupid close up camera at the end of tea time doesn't do shit. at least unlock a unique support or something

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on last week's podcast and I'm with Austin on liking Cyril's supports. It's annoying when he injects Lady Rhea into almost every conversation, but I haven't seen very many games that touch upon that sort of diet racism. He is ignorant about his background and yet people keep expecting him to know everything the Almyrian culture because of his appearance. Also, his supports with Seteth, Lysethia, and Claude are very good. I wish he was able to get A support with Claude though.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I just got a support with him that was basically him upset cuz he thought I claimed to like Rhea more than him lmao
but I also haven't used him so he's only (slowly) gaining support with Byleth

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i understand him but he's kinda boring because of it unfortunately.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on last week's podcast and I'm with Austin on liking Cyril's supports. It's annoying when he injects Lady Rhea into almost every conversation, but I haven't seen very many games that touch upon that sort of diet racism. He is ignorant about his background and yet people keep expecting him to know everything the Almyrian culture because of his appearance. Also, his supports with Seteth, Lysethia, and Claude are very good. I wish he was able to get A support with Claude though.
His red eyes in his supports freak me the f out