• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, perfect.

Also, I never mentioned it when the news broke because I was err too crushed by the news but I hope Austin and Danielle can prosper wherever they're going. I'll really miss 'em at Waypoint/Vice Games/whatever it's becoming.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
they should be grinding moogle tomestones in ffxiv instead.

I'm really kinda surprised at how bad destiny 2 is at presenting information to new/returning players. you'd think they'd focus on trying to get more people easily onboarded to this new f2p version of the game.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
they should be grinding moogle tomestones in ffxiv instead.

I'm really kinda surprised at how bad destiny 2 is at presenting information to new/returning players. you'd think they'd focus on trying to get more people easily onboarded to this new f2p version of the game.

There's so many different terminology and icons that's just not explained at all. The game really needs an in game wiki or guide, and also a better onboarding for new players.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
ic austin stepped down so he could play ffxiv

I look forward to listening tomorrow. it's getting late where i'm at

huh, guess I shouldn't be surprised; I know at least 2 of the other Table Friends have gotten into it lately

...and I need to start listening to some recent episodes of WR again now that I'm caught up on some other podcasts finally

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I downloaded Destiny 2 last night. I played a lot of 1, but never 2. I mostly want to play the Destiny 2 campaign... we'll see how this goes.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just have someone step on your groin with a stiletto.

"The stepping on my groin feels so good!"

You have now replicated experience of playing Destiny 2.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It was interesting how hot they were on Forsaken content. From what I remember the content update was pretty divisive on release and a lot of folks really didn't like how the missions were handled as opposed to Taken King which was pretty much universally praised.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he'll get a hundred messages about it, but please don't route your 300 GB local security cam streaming through the internet, Patrick. Especially if you then have to pay extra...

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
So. I bought the VIP tickets to the nier concert in chicago. really excited but I am simultaneously confused and excited about the date. it's the end of January so it's right near my birthday but also it's winter in chicago???

also still really hyped for the nier alliance raid at the end of the month or so? they had a preview of the music during the recent live letter and ahhhh I can't wait. bard is ready, red mage is at 78, and hoping to have another class leveled before the patch drops.

so who wants to dip into ffxiv? cuz:

2 gifts from Sabas

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Sabas Sabas!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Sabas said:
what better way to celebrate than a giveaway? I have one code for the FFXIV starter edition and one code for those already playing: a 60-day sub code.
unfortunately these codes are region restricted to north america because thanks square-enix for your archaic account management system.

my only stipulations for this are:
  • if you get the starter code and decide to continue the game subbed if you'd kindly enter my recruitment code which I will pm you after the giveaway is over. we both get items out of it so it's a win-win! :D
  • I disabled lurkers from entering so if you want to enter, post! about 3 years of waypoint/vice gaming have gone by and I'd love to hear your favorite waypoint moments.
  • 72 hours because waypoint 72 (lol)

These are our awesome prizes:

• PC PC: Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition [NA] - Won by gazoinks gazoinks (2 entries)
  • PC PC: Final Fantasy XIV Online: 60 Day Time Card [NA] - Won by Salarians Salarians (4 entries)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe that FFXIV x Nier: Automata is a thing. It's the sutff of dreams.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
sydney concert pleeeeeeeease

fuck i'd fly to melbourne for this honestly

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
I think we all know Austin is deciding to step back from Vice because he has realized that existing in a world where he cannot play FFXIV is just the wrong way for him to be living. I'm glad now that given this step back Austin can begin his new life as a FFXIV nerd, godspeed.

Called it.

Nov 6, 2017
Austin can literally sell me on almost anything. I fell off Destiny 2 and now am itching to try it again. (even though I probably won't)

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Sabas 👏🏻

I was thinking about getting des2ny forsaken but I think I'm gonna use that money for outer wilds instead, since it's coming to ps4 next week

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm a little sad about Austin stepping down but I'm glad he's still gonna do the podcast and he's working on his work-life balance. Austin's one of the best voices in gaming and they were the first podcast I ever really got into. :( Yes, I just got around to listening to Friday's podcast today, what of it?

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 2... started tonight. After showing me highlights of my D1 exploits it... dropped me back into the very first D1 mission and then never mentioned how to launch D2's original campaign. Just a baffling start, truly hideous. But since everybody's said that already, you probably know what to do: get to the tower, go talk to Amanda.

damn. Game looks good, feels good, sounds good. Probably gunna play way too much of this as my new podcast game.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Destiny has some of the most good looking zones in a video game. I can just sit at the Tower and look at the Traveler and the city below and just soak in the atmosphere.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
it's still startlingly gorgeous

for real when I made a new character after the patch I had the same "wow moment" seeing the big fan blades in the pipe as I did in 2014

Nov 6, 2017
I'm a little sad about Austin stepping down but I'm glad he's still gonna do the podcast and he's working on his work-life balance. Austin's one of the best voices in gaming and they were the first podcast I ever really got into. :( Yes, I just got around to listening to Friday's podcast today, what of it?

Yeah if Austin had also left that would have been a huge blow to the podcast for me. Austin is what originally drew me to waypoint in the first place. I love the other voices now but still have a big connection with Austin, since we share very similar tastes.

Oct 27, 2017
this first part of the quest for Forsaken doesn't make a lot of sense to me. this is a prison, and all these enemies are "prisoners"? am I to believe that a bunch of hive fodder were rounded up and sent to prison? it's so weird. why is this giant cabal guy with the big ass gun a 'prisoner'?

it's a cool concept but the dissonance is strong.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember people:

Outer Wilds:
header.jpg

Outer Worlds:
tow-splash-100799083-large.jpg

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I got Wilds through that Epic sale forever ago so I need to get to it eventually; I'll fit it in... sometime next month, because I need to spend some more time in VN hell this month and meanwhile actually start Daemon x Machina after Link's Awakening, since I spent too long on Astral Chain... it's VN and Switch games and big gacha game updates and irresponsibly playing Alan Wake this month

...actually, kinda forgot I preordered Jon Wick Hex with that sale too, but have not actually watched any of the movies yet

so I'll get to that eventually too; figure I should wait till I've moved and bought a TV to watch those, since I don't watch many movies which means that TV's just mainly going to be used for basic PS4 games, and I should probably get something out of it being fancy between now and the PS5

speaking of which: what's the TV everyone likes, is it one of the LG OLED ones, did I remember that correctly

Nov 3, 2017
So I'm listening to the latest podcast, and maybe it's just me, but Austin seems a lot less stressed? Stepping back sounds like it was the right call

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Very strange to hear Austin give some "on the other hand" dithering over the HK protests, one of which was just a straight up whataboutism.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I read it as him just kinda paying lip-service to the fact that he doesn't know enough about the situation to make an informed comment on it. Which to be fair, I'm kinda in the same boat.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Waypoint needs to take a step back on colonialism as a topic. Patrick's bit on that Square Apple Arcade game, Austin's wariness about the protests... They're not even making arguments anymore, they just knee jerk at any whiff of the concept.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much do you need to know about the situation to know Hong Kong is in in the right here