• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
About that fighting game cpu cheat/input read email:

Good video and very good channel.
Yes, they read your inputs, too. But that's the least of your problems.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The recent pod has me downloading Outer Wilds to give it another shot after hearing Austin's enthusiasm for it again. For whatever reason I lost all interest in it after about 10 hours when I played it a few months back, hopefully I'm able to stick with it this time.

Glad we got a brief XIV update as well. Hopefully we get a proper recap on Austin's thoughts on the 2.1 - 2.55 patches since 2.1 - 2.4's content is regarded as the worst chunk of the game but he actually seemed more positive than I was expecting.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bigger Earth

Anyway the silliest part of that Ninja segment was Austin concluding it with "I don't give a fuck, I don't care." It's hard to watch a man lie to himself.

Anyway Waypoint hire an editor, they could slice that section right out for you.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like half of the discussion in the podcast is just them trying to remember something or saying that they don't remember at this point.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
the Ninja stuff is just celebrity gossip.

We all know it's bad and try to ignore it but sometimes you can't help yourself.

Imo, the podcast wouldn't be what it is without going on a tangent from time to time. Even if it isn't a super important topic.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
- The CPU definitely reads your inputs in a ton of classic fighters. It's very noticable in stuff like Mortal Kombat 2 where on higher difficulty the enemy just casually walks towards you, looks at your input to see if you did the equivalent of rock, paper or scissors and then counters with whatever beats it. In several King of Fighters you can use it to fool the AI as well if you input stuff like a dragon punch motion but don't press the button the AI will still try to counter the special move you didn't actually do.

-To be honest I found Patrick's list of what he still needed/wanted to beat actually pretty doable, at least if you were counting until the actual end of the year,

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Giant Bomb did their GOTY stuff this week. The year is nearly over if you're publishing something.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I recognize that I am absolutely being That Guy and for a series that doesn't really have that much emphasis on lore... but Austin and Cado constantly failing to match "Pokemon team that wants to free the Pokemon" to "Team Plasma" to "Pokemon Black and White", while seemingly having some kind of wiki open, was killing me. When Cado was like "no wait, it was Team Plasma after all, before X and Y, in... Platinum" a part of my soul died.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Giant Bomb did their GOTY stuff this week. The year is nearly over if you're publishing something.
And Mechwarrior 5 isn't even out yet. Feelsbadman.

Also half the reason to even listen to discussion podcasts like Waypoint is for the dumb weird tangents and looping conversations. Editing that out would kill a huge reason for even listening to them.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i finally finished Counter//Weight and god damn that was a brutal but fulfilling finale

fuckin lost it. stay wavey

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i think it helped that almost all npc characters in my mind were just 'austin walker badly cosplaying'

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Spotify has revealed my bright secret:

Raithe Laurence's Sold Out is my top song of 2019.

Thanks, Waypoint!

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
I recognize that I am absolutely being That Guy and for a series that doesn't really have that much emphasis on lore... but Austin and Cado constantly failing to match "Pokemon team that wants to free the Pokemon" to "Team Plasma" to "Pokemon Black and White", while seemingly having some kind of wiki open, was killing me. When Cado was like "no wait, it was Team Plasma after all, before X and Y, in... Platinum" a part of my soul died.

yeah that was wrecking me

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone know why Austin likes to drag the Crooked Media people on Twitter? I know they're neoliberal-ish Obama acolytes, but is there something else? He liked a Tweet today calling Jon Favreau a fascist, which seems a little harsh to me.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll remember that time we took a 100y pokeball and stuffed god into it

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care for one of the podcast slots be taken up by these pretty low audio quality interviews.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to get into FATT from the beginning or even CW …. but it is sooooooooooo far up it's own ass.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
ELObEbLXsAA4sfn

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care for one of the podcast slots be taken up by these pretty low audio quality interviews.

Same, but I imagine this is them being swamped with year-end stuff and needing to get that time back. It sounds like there'll be a good amount of year-end pods and posts coming down the pipeline.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to get into FATT from the beginning or even CW …. but it is sooooooooooo far up it's own ass.

Tbh if you want to put something creative out Into the world at a certain point you just gotta go for it

I get it though... Every time they start a new campaign I spend like three episodes confused, and if I lose track for a second it all disappears

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Tbh if you want to put something creative out Into the world at a certain point you just gotta go for it

I get it though... Every time they start a new campaign I spend like three episodes confused, and if I lose track for a second it all disappears
I just wish the episode notes would just include an actual summery instead of transcribing the opening monologue. Everytime I'm like "I should get back into FatT," it's immediately followed by "Where the fuck did I leave off???" and the episode notes are zero help.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
yeah and the fan wikis don't have anything! It's actually easier to go hunt down a transcript and quickly scan it lmao.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
All the older episode notes should have the transcript links added to them sometime soon, fwiw. I think they were waiting till they were mostly done before they added them. That should make that approach easier.

It's not usually the start of game as much as the ends of some arcs that I get a bit lost, if I wasn't paying attention the middle bits of the arc. Which usually means rewinding (and then maybe getting distracted again) or just moving through it and picking what I missed from context/later out of character discussion.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish the episode notes would just include an actual summery instead of transcribing the opening monologue. Everytime I'm like "I should get back into FatT," it's immediately followed by "Where the fuck did I leave off???" and the episode notes are zero help.
It's not even the opening monologue most of the time I don't think. Austin has taken to putting additional story content in the episode descriptions, which is cool but very difficult to follow, incredibly easy to miss, and makes it harder to remember where you were.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Waypoint to the rescue????????

Sadly, since Patrick has RT'd her announcement along with (of course) a glowing endorsement, it doesn't look like it. If bringing Natalie back was remotely possible he'd probably be working on that before she had to say something publicly.

HOWEVER, who knows, whatever career change happens in the future might give her opportunities to guest on Waypoint Radio.

SirDancelot

Oct 29, 2017
Damn. Sucks that former Waypointers have not had the success they deserve after leaving. I hope she lands somewhere that is a better fit for a Joyous Gamer.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that Rob quote that was something like, "Bioshock, Farcry, the only difference is how they spell it" had me cackling. Booker DeWitt I still consider one of my least favorite protagonists, and that line being referenced is one of the big reasons why.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, since Patrick has RT'd her announcement along with (of course) a glowing endorsement, it doesn't look like it. If bringing Natalie back was remotely possible he'd probably be working on that before she had to say something publicly.

HOWEVER, who knows, whatever career change happens in the future might give her opportunities to guest on Waypoint Radio.
Yeah, it seems unlikely. But who knows, Vice should see the value in adding more diversity to the podcast.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still strange to me that she never announced what she was doing. Yes people can have privacy if they like, but she definitely said she would announce it at some point.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's still strange to me that she never announced what she was doing. Yes people can have privacy if they like, but she definitely said she would announce it at some point.
Eh, it's up to her in the end, there's no obligation to make something private into something public.

She worked at a progressive video game website and that carries with it a literal life-long commitment to personal safety first.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine she would have announced after she was settled in her new job. And considering that she's looking for work now there's kinda no point