• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
can't believe sony let Patrick announce their upcoming media event

good for him

Edit:
I was almost going to post this in that thread but I didnt
so were just taking an offhand comment by a 16 year old mario youtuber as truth now huh

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
see I was going to post about his offfhand comment about the Batman game potentially being about Sony's even next month, but:

1. it was going to be in this thread

2. it was going to spoiler tagged "yahoo anime"

and 3. I didn't, because he talked about it later in the episode

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just popping in to say I just started listening to the podcast and man it's such a breath of fresh air compared to almost everything else.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
FFXII is so good, I'm sure Austin will end up liking it. I had abandoned it very soon after I bought it during the PS2 days, but I played the Switch remaster last year and ended up falling in love. The QoL features are amazing, and not just the fast forward stuff.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need Austin and Jeff Gerstmann to play Star Trek Online together.

Jeff needs to put that lifetime subscription to use.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Pleasantly surprised Austin has still been on the podcasts as often as he has been. I know there was some uncertainty with him leaving, but the fact that he actually gets paid probably solidifies his presence.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
#blessed content.

Is there a mech that could be Pikachu?
744614_1.jpg

P.ka

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little late to it, but the Death Stranding spoilercast with Heather Alexandra and Rob is a great listen. Even as someone that's never played the game I'm getting a lot out of it.

Heather x Rob is a good combo.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying my rewatch of the Newsroom. Just got to the "we reported the news episode".
just listened to that part in the Waypoints of the decade podcast. I can't beLIEVE how bad this show is and that I liked the first two seasons at the time. I think Austin is right, by the time the third season came around my third eye opened up and I realized how fucking bad it is.

Also I can't wait for the DE spoilercast. Although I also expect it to frustrate me because I don't agree with Austin that the game doesn't take a side, and I hope there's pushback against that idea.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
just listened to that part in the Waypoints of the decade podcast. I can't beLIEVE how bad this show is and that I liked the first two seasons at the time. I think Austin is right, by the time the third season came around my third eye opened up and I realized how fucking bad it is.

Also I can't wait for the DE spoilercast. Although I also expect it to frustrate me because I don't agree with Austin that the game doesn't take a side, and I hope there's pushback against that idea.
To be fair, everyone left-leaning was pretty self-satisfied during the first two seasons in 2013 and 2014 and the horrors of the modern world hadn't set in yet so those liberal-ass speeches weren't toxin to our gullets yet.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's like the way the daily show was a panacea in the good old days.

I still have a lot of respect for it, primarily as comedy, but it really did come to symbolise the "hey let's meet in the middle if we just show how smart we are they can't help but realize that we know best" style of liberalism that was ineffectual at best

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like the way the daily show was a panacea in the good old days.

I still have a lot of respect for it, primarily as comedy, but it really did come to symbolise the "hey let's meet in the middle if we just show how smart we are they can't help but realize that we know best" style of liberalism that was ineffectual at best
The worst part is that this is still the strategy of mainstream democrats like Biden. Dems just love losing.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Saving that Disco Elysium podcast for later. I've barely started the game, and the time I could have spent on it I've been getting back into Battletech instead.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I still feel shame for goofing up the Gherman fight with Natalie. Doesn't matter how many times I've played Bloodborne nothing prepares you for the truest boss of 500+ms ping.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
In essence the daily show was the same "can you believe these guys?" joke over and over again which got increasingly less funny as the world shifted around them culminating (hopefully this is peak stupid) in the current era.

I'm glad I'm not American, I really don't think I could take the psychic pressure

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
In essence the daily show was the same "can you believe these guys?" joke over and over again which got increasingly less funny as the world shifted around them culminating (hopefully this is peak stupid) in the current era.

I'm glad I'm not American, I really don't think I could take the psychic pressure

My memory of it is John Stewart reading a snippet from a news story then making a funny face over and over again, so this checks out.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely had some regrettable politics when I was a kid but the one I'm proud of was my consistent disdain for the Daily Show.

So much just playing Fox News clips and guffawing, while I'm over here watching it poison my grandma's mind. The Daily Show always felt so miscalibrated to the stakes.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
lore reasons: cats

please

I still don't know what jellicle is or the importance of the "jellicle choice" and it's killing me

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Daily Show at the time since I was a teen/young adult when I was watching it. I thought that all the clips showing the fucked up shit conservatives were getting up to was funny because it was just a backlash to society progressing and I naively thought that they would eventually get left behind. Never thought they would succeed. Republican antics isn't as funny now.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
In the world where they were just getting left behind, the daily show was amazing and prescient. But I no longer believe the arc of history bends towards progressivism, at least without having to fucking fight for it

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I kind of give the Daily Show a pass in a weird way for the most part because Jon Stewart has clearly become deeply remorseful of exactly the kind of criticism people are sharing about it now - he basically turned into a hermit once he left the show, a show he could've easily hosted until he died doing the same old shit over and over, because he more or less openly admitted he felt that he was in a way directly responsible for what liberal politics and smugness turned into, and how his style of out-of-context clip/article sharing became both completely ineffective and pointless, and also taken to such absurd levels that people started treating that like actual activism. Anytime he's ever been interviewed about politics now the dude seems utterly disgusted with everything about it. He's effectively described the time he decided to go to DC to lobby for the 9/11 responders bill as being something that completely shattered any illusions he had that this was a workable system anymore.