• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I mean John Oliver is carrying on exactly what the Daily Show was doing, just adjusted for the current time period. Not revolutionary politics, simply bringing attention to stories that are being ignored by everyone else with a remotely large audience.

It's easy to dismiss TDS as "look how hypocritical the GOP is, what is the DEAL with these guys, amiright??" But in their heyday there was no one else in the US on broadcast tv or cable even being that mildly critical. Not a high bar to clear obviously, and certainly not worthy of the crazy nostalgia a lot of liberals have for the show... but it was still something.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can possibly blame TDS for a certain style they made popular and now almost everyone is doing to a degree, but when they shined a light on a particular issue and you're not happy by what happens next, is that really their fault? Also, one thing they used to do was to go local and that's rarely seen today, not sure why. I'm sure that had bigger effects on things than, for example, going after Bush.

Oct 25, 2017
This brief Star Trek talk makes me want a Star Trek Waypoint.

I love the shit out of Star Trek, but what has always bothered me about it, particularly TOS and TNG, is that as much as the show or its fans try to tell you it's an utopian future for all, it is still through a very narrow lens. I could never buy into the Federation being this perfect culture that humanity should strive for when it's so obviously steeped in white american liberal view points of it's time period.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Random aside, but even now, every time I hear the phrase "tire fire" I think of Tire Fire from Waypoint's Battletech run.

...I miss Waypoints streams.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
FIRE
INFERNO
FLAME MAN

Vinny is a blessing and Dan is a blessing for having caused that mess.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show notes say spoilers start at 1:02:17. I'm at 46 and they're still talking Hamilton. So somewhere in there.

Oct 25, 2017
The actual knives out discussion starts around 1:16:40. The timestamp they listed is a preamble about detective fiction before they get to the movie.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Dedue smashbros, good for him

but I can't believe they'd put Ingrid over literally anyone else

EOaXsmdUUAAHq9E

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the Gita pod today. It's always good to have some new energy in the mix.

I don't think I've listened to her since the Match 3 podcast!

Today is a holiday; they pre-recorded a Disco Elysium spoilercast as a result. So first Gita pod would be Friday at earliest.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has redesigned everyone so often I had to look up who that is. And even then I'm not completely certain.

Good job, Capcom.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the disco spoilercast was great, I'm glad they really liked it in the end. beautiful game. I'm also curious how it will age. also they discussed an entire sequence towards the end that i completely missed, possibly for the better, since neither of them liked it. i still wanna replay it at some point.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the disco spoilercast was great, I'm glad they really liked it in the end. beautiful game. I'm also curious how it will age. also they discussed an entire sequence towards the end that i completely missed, possibly for the better, since neither of them liked it. i still wanna replay it at some point.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but what sequence were they referring to? I can think of maybe a couple of optional endgame sequences but I remember them both being really good.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but what sequence were they referring to? I can think of maybe a couple of optional endgame sequences but I remember them both being really good.

I am currently listening still (and am saving some thoughts for when I'm done), and I'm specifically at the part where they talk about this so maybe there's another thing, but I'm pretty sure it's...

the dream you get if you nap on the island, about your ex

and I was not a huge fan of it either

Oct 25, 2017
I adored the Disco spoilercast. The only super tiny thing that bothered me was the avoiding spoilers on the spoilercast thing that came up once or twice.

That, and I wish Rob was present too

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am currently listening still (and am saving some thoughts for when I'm done), and I'm specifically at the part where they talk about this so maybe there's another thing, but I'm pretty sure it's...

the dream you get if you nap on the island, about your ex

and I was not a huge fan of it either

It's a scene I didn't care much for on my first playthrough, but I enjoyed much more on my second with the benefit of foresight.

Once you know exactly why Ancient Reptilian Brain and Limbic System are trying to stop you from sleeping, and the specific things Inland Empire warns you away from, there's so many little clues you can pick up from their dialogue. Also just a lot of weird little details that seem weird and specific first time around fit in perfectly with your mind's vain attempt to prevent the dream from reoccurring, and how seemingly random compulsions (like buying the figurine or calling the Video Rental Shop) fit into it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
SavePoint 2019 Part 1 archive video went up on youtube today. (Heads up there's some audio issues in first several minutes, may need to skip ahead a bit.) Didn't catch this stream live so watching some now. Starts out with Patrick, Cado and Natalie.

Watching a long Beat Saber run is tense! I still gotta buy this game.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The audio issues are 100% authentic to the experience, IIRC.

Listen, and let it massage your sanity.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
As someone sure they will do re:mind talk at some point is it worth spoiling myself on that thread in gaming or is it something that you think will get good reactions on the cast?

Oct 25, 2017
The newest waypoint radio with Gita is here! I've missed it since I skipped the disco spoilercast. Not used to just one episode a week anymore.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaaaaaa

I skimmed through the ReMind cutscenes for KH3 cause I only borrowed the game and will not pay 50+ to play the dlc or w/e but a specific song showed up towards the end Hollow Bastion's theme and I hate my dumb brains clinging to nostalgia and it being such a big thing in my childhood. It's still such a good song.

goblin

Oct 25, 2017
Rob became a captain. Patrick traded his hot dog suit for a princess dress. There's a great new cast member and a cute poodle data dog. I love the new winter 2020 season of Waypoint Radio.