• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
saw The Gentlemen last night and can't remember the last time a movie pissed me off that much

almost all the discourse I've seen around it has been positive, and I'm so curious for a Rob or Austin opinion

Oct 26, 2017
I had kind of fallen off Waypoint Radio over the last few months but Gita on board has bumped it back up into my regular rotation for sure. Her energy is amazing and the dynamics are already brilliant.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ok what's the name of that tv show they were talking about that's like Nailed It for home improvement projects? I spent an hour digging into the Grover house stuff and omg it's amazing.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was the first I've heard of Grover House and wow. Also Gita is a legend and slotted in perfectly to the cast. This is gonna be great.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Grand Designs, or Nailed it Literal Edition
Aw yeah, 2 seasons of it (of 20????) are available on Netflix! Any specific episodes which stand out which I should watch first?

If you liked Grover House, look up Doom Bathroom which they also briefly mentioned. It's a trip.
Yeah, I followed from one to another in this thread:

which links out to this thread:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
podcast was great. also i said "it's all candles" like two seconds before Rob said it's the candle tweet when talking about total war so this is clearly the podcast for me

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
gita rules, talking about small houses and the grover house rules, and the star wars question rules. What a great episode

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i want to hear more about TMS but thats probably cos i'm already playing it

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
the disco spoilercast was great, I'm glad they really liked it in the end. beautiful game. I'm also curious how it will age. also they discussed an entire sequence towards the end that i completely missed, possibly for the better, since neither of them liked it. i still wanna replay it at some point.

I also missed that scene because
literally only 2 hours passed since Kim wakes you up on the last day to go the island and you landing on the island. Then Kim tells you to go to bed and I was like "what?" and said no thanks. Also the Phasmid scene at the end was so beautifully done that I got real emotional, but not for the reasons they discussed on that spoilercast. In my game Harry and Kim were just about to get in to a pissing match over which precinct was going to arrest the murderer and it was just about to get real before this huge stick bug comes waltzing in. In my mind that was when Harry and Kim truly became BFFs.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
That moment when rob is like, "it's like 'le bonne nuit'" and they're all like "what reference is this" absolutely killed me. The dramatic irony, the moment of realisation, the reaction, all *chefskiss*.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until Patrick and Cado finish/watch the secret episode of Re:Mind because that shit is the maximum bonkers Kingdom Hearts has gone.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
That moment when rob is like, "it's like 'le bonne nuit'" and they're all like "what reference is this" absolutely killed me. The dramatic irony, the moment of realisation, the reaction, all *chefskiss*.
... i need to get around to playing disco just so i can experience this podcast moment.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I can't wait until Patrick and Cado finish/watch the secret episode of Re:Mind because that shit is the maximum bonkers Kingdom Hearts has gone.
I haven't played it but I've watched that and read some stuff and
god if Nomura really is putting his vision of VERSUS into kingdom hearts god bless this man

also, apparently if you lose to Yozora, Sora turns to crystal?? umm???

SelfreliantPointedElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

what does it meeeaaaaan

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
anyway I was listening to kh soundtrack which led to listening to pe soundtrack and you know who I want to see as guests characters next game

85bc169b3addde8aea1e005a0e8e858e78d13df3_hq.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Teeth conversations always make me nervous because I've also been putting it off for a long time due to job, money, time, etc concerns.

I should get my teeth fixed

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
theres only one rotating chair that doesnt rotate and thats not on this podcast

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Wow the Sapkowski interview is a masterpiece. Don't know what he sounds like so I imagined a mix of Zizek and Werner Herzog.

Oct 27, 2017
That show Rob was talking about - Grand Design - is on Netflix, and the episode in question about the guy who bought a castle is literally the first episode of the season they have up. I watched it last night.

It's even wilder than he managed to explain.

SirDancelot

Oct 29, 2017
I just started a new play through of KH3 from the beginning on critical mode. 5 hours in and I'm wondering if I've made a mistake.

I played at release on proud, found it to be a bit trivial once you level a bit. I had made it all the way to the last world, took some time to grind and work towards Ultima weapon, only to have a crash that erased all of my saves, despite making multiple copies. With no cloud backups apparently. Now I'm replaying and wondering if I'll have the stamina to make it back to that point in critical mode or if I should just speed run it on beginner. Anyone else do a critical run?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've consigned myself to never actually playing Kingdom hearts but I think I might relisten to all of lore reasons instead

goblin

Oct 25, 2017
anyway I was listening to kh soundtrack which led to listening to pe soundtrack and you know who I want to see as guests characters next game

85bc169b3addde8aea1e005a0e8e858e78d13df3_hq.gif

God Yoko Shimomura is so good.
And that Yozora/Versus city looks close enough to NYC that they'd fit in just fine.
They should put Aya in FF14 too so Soken has an excuse to remix Primal Eyes

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Austin kept interrupting Cado when he tries to explain how the battle system in Temtem works. Paraphrasing:

Cado: In Pokemon you were limited how many times you could use a move through PP. Usually that was so high it didn't matter in a single fight, it mattered when going long stretches –
Austin (interrupts): It was almost like an estus flask. You had to go back to a pokecentre to recharge your... quickattack.
Cado: In this each temtem has a stamina bar and each move take up a certain amount of stamina, so –
Austin: So it's more like an estus flask.
Cado: It's per battle instead of –
Austin: Oh, I see!
Cado: Some moves you can't use in the first turn. Some moves –
Austin: It's like a Magic the gathering, summoning sickness. (this actually tracks)

They get there in the end, but it turns into a very convoluted way to explain that Temtem basically uses a mana system that recharges for each battle.

Coincidentally, Temtem actually has an Estus flask equivalent.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
thats how conversation goes... but i agree, austin could let cado finish his thoughts a bit more

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone needs to watch Grand Design. It harkens back to the early seasons of the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares. It's also been around for over 20 years now and some of the episodes literally span years. It's wild!