• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
GS Italy has added Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League on their catalogue and you can pre-order the PS5/XSX|S versions for €74,99, while the Xbox One and PS4 versions are priced at €69,99.

qtoSA5H.png

fXLCvgt.png

MicDYZJ.png

www.gamestop.it

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Tuffati in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, lo sparatutto in terza persona ricco di azione e avventura che sfida ogni definizione.
www.gamestop.it

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Tuffati in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, lo sparatutto in terza persona ricco di azione e avventura che sfida ogni definizione.

www.gamestop.it

Gotham Knights - Special Edition

L’EREDITÀ CHE LASCERAI INIZIA ORA. UNISCITI AI CAVALIERI.
www.gamestop.it

Gotham Knights - Special Edition

L’EREDITÀ CHE LASCERAI INIZIA ORA. UNISCITI AI CAVALIERI.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...damn
i guess it should be expected from all publishers now. next gen games are getting a price hike.

Oct 27, 2017
70 Euro is the MSRP for current gen, but you can mostly find these for 60 Euro.

So this might actually be a good price (65 euro) if that is the new base.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll look for the silver lining: between this and moving to digital exclusively, I think this spike in pricing is actually good for me. I have a massive backlog that I'm just not going to get done if I keep buying games that I never play. Having to wait for deep discounts on digital games will allow me to focus more on what I already have and will save me money in the long run.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'll look for the silver lining: between this and moving to digital exclusively, I think this spike in pricing is actually good for me. I have a massive backlog that I'm just not going to get done if I keep buying games that I never play. Having to wait for deep discounts on digital games will allow me to focus more on what I already have and will save me money in the long run.

You could have done the same thing without the baseline price of entry rising for the rest of the world.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
So they didn't raise the price.
Massive games like TLOU2 and RDR2 are already 75€.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Sony went from the lowest priced console games to the most expensive console games within one generation

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck this, seriously.

And these publisher WILL keep putting "battle passes" and microtransactions to their games. But of course, the price hike is needed.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Take two and activision call the shots and they set the tone months before.

They aren't platform holders. 2K tried to price hike at the beginning of this current gen too, but backed off. If Sony had stuck at $60 for next gen, I think it would have been harder for third parties to justify hiking. It may not have stopped it completely (it's impossible to say for sure now obviously), but it's kind of naive to think the biggest platform holder and market leader has zero influence on the market lol

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony is a platform holder as well as the market leader. They don't control all publishers, which I never said, but them going along with the price hike sends a big message.

So you acknowledge other publishers were already raising prices. You think these games will be cheaper on XSX or something. This price hike has nothing to do with Sony or MS except in your mind.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So you acknowledge other publishers were already raising prices. You think these games will be cheaper on XSX or something. This price hike has nothing to do with Sony or MS except in your mind.

I already explained my reasoning. If you disagree, that's okay, everyone has their own little reality nowadays

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
I've seen Howarts Legacy for £60 on PS5 and Xbox X/S for £55 (different sites), which isn't 75 Euro. Gothan Knights on PS4 is also £55 in the UK but 70 Euro in the Republic of Ireland - so maybe the UK hasn't got the memo yet.

EDIT: Or maybe Europe is about to be fucked extra hard on game prices

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
With sony doing i expect all 3rd party to do it

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Price will fall after we are like 6 months into next gen. In Australia new titles are $120 then drop down to the normal 69-79

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
MS is going to gain a lot of new gamepass subscribers this upcoming gen with prices like that. To think you'll be able to play Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Avowed, Doom, ES6, Starfield, Fallout, Everwild, etc. on day 1 for $15.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's even more money that goes to JK Rowling. Please don't buy that game new, folks.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im surprised publishers arent raising their prices evenly. Sony went with 80 and WB with 75.

FakeShadow

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GameStop Italy sold Monster Hunter World for PS4 (which I bought on launch day) for 74.99€, so this pricing is no news. Doesn't really tell anything about other retailers

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Sony hiking 1st party prices was all the cover they needed to hike prices, even if this was plan all along.

Will MS and other big publisher follow this example? ~80€ for console game could be new normal across the board soon.