• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Max will play Towers cuz he enjoys that. He'll def call out anything he doesn't like. He and the doods were one of the first to complain about the slower gameplay in previews when everyone else was praising them. NRS increased dash speed as a result of feedback from the community.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
i think the "problem" with max is, that he might not play the towers at all and focus on story mode before jumpring into online mp.

I wonder if we as a community could reach out to Max and see if he would be willing to devote a bit of time to trying them and giving his opinion. Good or bad, just see what he thinks.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
it would be great if he could take a look at it. it would also make for an entertaing video, as usual.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I wanna address is that a lot of people keep thinking people are harping on MK11 just to take shots at it. Nah, that's not true. MK11 had amazing marketing, it's release window was small, the gameplay seems to be dope, graphics amazing. Story's dope, everything looked amazing.

People are ragging about this a lot because the game could have been a 10/10 fighter.

Shit's crazy. This generation's had so many fighters and this one might have been arguably the best but the this crap hits. Man, that HURTS. Just imagine that. Granted, the stuff with the difficulty and micro-transactions and all that are bad but it's more than that. This isn't just some mobile Gacha game. This is Mortal Kombat man.

They were doing EVERYTHING right until this. Some people don't understand how hard it is to hit every single point up until a launch's release. I thought this was really gonna do it.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we as a community could reach out to Max and see if he would be willing to devote a bit of time to trying them and giving his opinion. Good or bad, just see what he thinks.

Why do you guys think he'll ignore Towers? He used to do multiple rage videos with Towers in the previous games.

And Simmons will def call shit out if he doesn't like it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
NRS forgot how software development works and just sat on the game for 2 months then had it magically go gold.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
This seems a bit histrionic to me.

The game hasn't even launched yet. There could be a large day one patch. People are acting like this is a permanent unsolvable problem.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the update. Towers are the same. Noob's Stage 4 still has spears and Hell-Ports listed.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This seems a bit histrionic to me.

The game hasn't even launched yet. There could be a large day one patch. People are acting like this is a permanent unsolvable problem.

Yup, I guess people are a bit cynical because of the way Injustice 2 was handled with some of the grind there. Hoping MK11 will be better after release from feedback.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
nah, they could have deactivated the towers until launch day. they didnt. the day one patch came out on thursday and activated the towers (+ kraypt and the whole unlock system) with the difficulty/reward levels that netherrealm set up.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm certainly not trying to criticize anyone who's disappointed with the current state of the towers. I'm just saying it might be valuable to wait until the game launches and see if anything changes. They've definitely shown that they are receptive to feedback.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb's got a Quick Look coming up at 7AM so I can't wait until they comment on the towers.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
I feel like it's possible towers and loot boxes could still be updated day 1. Wouldn't they be server-side updates anyway and not necessarily part of the game's patches?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly not trying to criticize anyone who's disappointed with the current state of the towers. I'm just saying it might be valuable to wait until the game launches and see if anything changes. They've definitely shown that they are receptive to feedback.

Honestly, the system they have in place day one combine with how they were back-patting themselves with the "no loot box" thing says all I need to know. (yeah not techincally a loot box, but it uses similar tactics)
They want to string people out for months and months (or break their will), which is ridiculous for costumes and stuff in a fighting game.

Geeked

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping game having "no loot boxes" meant they wouldn't be reusing the horrible systems from Injustice 2 (those pretty much ruined the game for me).

Seems like they just doubled down on it, ugh. Way to kill the hype.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I was hoping game having "no loot boxes" meant they wouldn't be reusing the horrible systems from Injustice 2 (those pretty much ruined the game for me).

Seems like they just doubled down on it, ugh. Way to kill the hype.

the Krypt is literally filled with hundreds of lootboxes...and you fight for koins which you take to the Krypt to open these boxes. it is like pachinko... you don´t get the rewards for fighting, you exchange your koins for the loot lol

there is even a statue where you can donate Koins and it spits out an item, it is a straight up slot machine

I feel like it's possible towers and loot boxes could still be updated day 1. Wouldn't they be server-side updates anyway and not necessarily part of the game's patches?

why though? that reviewers and paying customers who got the game early get fucked or for shits and giggles? you think they will patch Day One that status effects also affect the enemy, not only the player? i will believe it when i see it

Geeked

Oct 26, 2017
the Krypt is literally filled with hundreds of lootboxes...and you fight for koins which you take to the Krypt to open these boxes

there is even a statue where you can donate Koins and it spits out an item, it is a straight up slot machine
166 Rapid-Fire Questions With Mortal Kombat 11's Ed Boon I guess this is going to be the new
B0CCC43DC096109796A62B9D4CD58823B015B7BA

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the new patch for 45 minutes. The Stage 4 Noob towers have the same requirements, and the Towers don't seem to have changed. I played the Sub Zero Tag battle tower and was able to find two bros to team up with. Here's how the mechanics in this fight work:

Each person on the team fights the boss in a set order. In this case, I was second. The boss starts with minor modifiers, but as they get closer to death, the modifiers get stronger. The first modifier was the ground getting frozen and slowing the player, and if the player stands on it too long, they get frozen. The second stage of the fight replaces this with ice missiles that home on to the player and freezes them on impact. The third...well.. watch the video.

The game also assigns random friendly assists to the player that the game activates at random times. In this case we had special forces grenade volley, and a tidal wave that travels across the screen. Also, the CPU can use a fatal blow on each player (so 3 in total), but if one of the players uses their fatal blow, the others cannot.

We weren't able to beat this battle, due to the ridiculous stage 3. Enjoy.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the new patch for 45 minutes. The Stage 4 Noob towers have the same requirements, and the Towers don't seem to have changed. I played the Sub Zero Tag battle tower and was able to find two bros to team up with. Here's how the mechanics in this fight work:

Each person on the team fights the boss in a set order. In this case, I was second. The boss starts with minor modifiers, but as they get closer to death, the modifiers get stronger. The first modifier was the ground getting frozen and slowing the player, and if the player stands on it too long, they get frozen. The second stage of the fight replaces this with ice missiles that home on to the player and freezes them on impact. The third...well.. watch the video.

The game also assigns random friendly assists to the player that the game activates at random times. In this case we had special forces grenade volley, and a tidal wave that travels across the screen. Also, the CPU can use a fatal blow on each player (so 3 in total), but if one of the players uses their fatal blow, the others cannot.

Actually seems fun to me ... teaming up with good players trying to beat this stuff should be a lot of fun ...

I understand random players will hate the hell out of this though.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How would you counter the third phase Slaythe? Say the first two players hand you the boss on a platter with 10% HP remaining. Now what?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Now it just sounds like they went out of their way to make the Dark Souls of fighting games. :P

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How would you counter the third phase Slaythe? Say the first two players hand you the boss on a platter with 10% HP remaining. Now what?

1) Try to block as much as possible and avoid throws, and only attack when the projectiles stop falling, don't attack him even if he's open or you get frozen

2) Try funny abilities like Jade's anti projectiles to see if you can bypass this thing entirely

You can block them right ?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

i´ve tried this 5 times with different groups of people...yeah, no, shit is impossible. first player can beat half the healthbar off, the other players get so much damage that they can´t make a dent after that

the whole idea is good, the execution, just like most of the towers of time is just awful and annoying

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1) Try to block as much as possible and avoid throws, and only attack when the projectiles stop falling, don't attack him even if he's open or you get frozen

2) Try funny abilities like Jade's anti projectiles to see if you can bypass this thing entirely

You can block them right ?
Nope you cant block. Throws get broken if you get hit by them. Theres another video where the third guy picked Jade. I'll upload it later

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly wasn't going to preorder this game anywhere, so I can't pretend that this thing has any effect on any purchasing decision for me.
But just reading about it makes me....tired. Just the thought of putting up with that nonsense, for some cosmetical items, just the thought of it puts me off the game completely, no matter the content you have in the game even if you disregard these modes completely.

And I can't see why the price of the game would have any effect on me with this at all. Pointless grind is pointless grind, no matter the price.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
You guys, this is OK. It's a GaaS game. This is supposed to be played for years!!!!! Why do you want to unlock everything in a day??!!!!

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

...how is any of that supposed to be fun?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody familiar with the game (like pros , or youtubers) that has the game early, commented on the towers yet ?

Just to know what they think of this whole thing so far.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway

I wonder if these toers that team you up with other players will require ps plus. Hopefully not.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You guys, this is OK. It's a GaaS game. This is supposed to be played for years!!!!! Why do you want to unlock everything in a day??!!!!

It will honestly take me years to get all the skins I want, lol. The Krypt skins at least. As it stands now I won't earn many of the skins found in the Towers of Time. They couldn't be more unfair and frustrating.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I ain't no fighting game pro but I know BS when I see it and that third stage is total bullshit.

There's no way a human designed that, that has to be designed by AI just picking random modifiers....oh wait you can pay to skip fights...makes sense now.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't no fighting game pro but I know BS when I see it and that third stage is total bullshit.

There's no way a human designed that, that has to be designed by AI just picking random modifiers....oh wait you can pay to skip fights...makes sense now.

I hate this is what gaming has become... It has been neatly hurts me. To make fights so hard that even great players can't win/barely scrape by and the rest of us are stuck having to "buy" a win.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gaaaah. What a huge bummer. I'm still gonna get this because I adore MK's gameplay and story modes but what a huge bummer.