• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I hate this is what gaming has become... It has been neatly hurts me. To make fights so hard that even great players can't win/barely scrape by and the rest of us are stuck having to "buy" a win.

They are fools if they think most casual players are going to continuously pay to skip fights like them above, maybe I would do it once or twice if I knew what reward I was getting at the end but past that nah, I'll just go play something else.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
They are fools if they think most casual players are going to continuously pay to skip fights like them above, maybe I would do it once or twice if I knew what reward I was getting at the end but past that nah, I'll just go play something else.

Absolutely. Like if it's for my main character MAYBE I will...but thats a HUGE maybe. I may just say F'it

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, that's just absolutely insanely bullshit, what were they thinking

The ONLY thing I can think, and it may not be, but MAYBE there is an item that people haven't found yet that makes you immune to capture state? I don't know. I feel like these towers are going to be impossible if there isn't consumables that negate these things.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The ONLY thing I can think, and it may not be, but MAYBE there is an item that people haven't found yet that makes you immune to capture state? I don't know. I feel like these towers are going to be impossible if there isn't consumables that negate these things.
You can't pick konsumables in the 3v1 Tag battle, which that Sub Zero battle is.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I could see that happening, like in Smash Ultimate with World of Light, where some challenges are damn hard or near impossible without some spirits.

EDIT : Well... looking at the post above mine, nevermind LOL

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Do the Warner Brother shareholders and financial people who push for all this grind and monetiziation even play their own games or video games in general? They're meant to be fun. Stuff like this ain't fun!

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I could see that happening, like in Smash Ultimate with World of Light, where some challenges are damn hard or near impossible without some spirits.

EDIT : Well... looking at the post above mine, nevermind LOL

So maybe for these tag boss fights there isn't, but possible for some of the other really really hard ones? I don't know. I'm just really hoping they didn't mess up this badly.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Do the Warner Brother shareholders and financial people who push for all this grind and monetiziation even play their own games or video games in general? They're meant to be fun. Stuff like this ain't fun!
Of course not. WB Games is not something you can invest in, you invest in Time Warner or at this point it may just be AT&T, and those who invest are just looking at the market, it's all business where WB's game division is a small piece of the pie.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So maybe for these tag boss fights there isn't, but possible for some of the other really really hard ones? I don't know. I'm just really hoping they didn't mess up this badly.
Yeah same, all of these news are bumming me out, because legit 2 days ago before learning about all of this, I was pretty hyped and was gonna buy my first MK in ages

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus H... Are NRS kidding with that bullshit? It's like their play testers didn't actually test it or give any feedback about balance and actual achievability.

You're being too generous, the creatives were over ruled by the micro transaction people. Organizationally, that unit probably holds more sway on the fine running of systems to general MTX and appease shareholders.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So turns out there was an easy solution to the fight. (using the armor consumable)

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was wrong about the Sub Zero tag fight. Quoting from the other thread

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC. Slaythe Syntsui you guys ended up being correct.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

For this battle, the following assists were given:
P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the Towers and I agree. The rewards you get for completing them are pitifully small. You need to play so much to get enough mats to unlock more shit in Krypt. They need to patch this shit out. I can see a huge drop in trying to complete the Krypt as a result. Such a shame because I really like how the Krypt is done but the roadblocks are annoying.
I wonder if those whales will be worth it for one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't suppose there's been an official response yet that gives hope things will be patched to be more balanced/fun?

I was pretty tempted to order this game from Best Buy: I still have an active GCU as well as $10 rewards, so that's $20 off.

Is the Shao Khan DLC included in all launch day copies, or is that a pre-order code that they e-mail you?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Don't suppose there's been an official response yet that gives hope things will be patched to be more balanced/fun?

I was pretty tempted to order this game from Best Buy: I still have an active GCU as well as $10 rewards, so that's $20 off.

Is the Shao Khan DLC included in all launch day copies, or is that a pre-order code that they e-mail you?

Looks like a preorder DLC. No code included in my copy to get him. Been waiting for email from BB.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Some buyers have a code in box. Must be regional. Also, wine if Kahn would be in the premium edition box.

The code included was the Kombat Pack thing. I wonder if that's it but all I got was a Johnny skin. I assume the online store needs to be up to get it. Mine was a Premium Edition as well.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
They just confirmed on the Kombat Kast that they are hotfixing the game as now as they speak to change the balance in favor for people who struggle with towers and better the rewards.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
They just confirmed on the Kombat Kast that they are hotfixing the game as now as they speak to change the balance in favor for people who struggle with towers and better the rewards.
Such good news that they are acting so quickly. I was watching the kast and the fact it was a written prepared statement gives me such hope

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Such good news that they are acting so quickly. I was watching the kast and the fact it was a written prepared statement gives me such hope
They are pretty good with feedback. They are listening to the community.

Safe to pre-order then?
I would say yes. While towers were indeed a little hard it was also overblown imo. You still had without them more content than any MK ever.

Even without playing them i unlocked like 50+ skins yesterday.