• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
LOL.
this

as i said i tried to beat a tower boss for over 30 minutes with different AI builds and consumables, not a single AI build was able to beat the tower. imo it is broken.

people saying " i want to see that for myself" are in for a rough surprise, there are fights that are literally impossible to win, even if you play like a god. the old bosses in SNK games were a joke against these tower bosses...it is ridiculous

the thing is, i would be ok with grinding for stuff, but you can´t even grind this overtuned mess. the game is crippled to the maximum and provides only the story mode and klassic towers which reward nothing but a few koins, the real unlock stuff is all in the towers of time which are impossible.

the whole cosmetic stuff is a non feature, you can´t even unlock stuff as you want because the game roadblocks your attempts to earn gear...

essentially they fucked up the longterm, engaging content for single player in this game which is a shame and a complete no go. throw out those cosmetics for everything you do in this game, people bought this game for a lot of money, why has it to be so greedy? it is completely nuts and really one step further than other games.
Game sounds like actual shit. Hope reviewers call it out. My guess is they won't with the amount of corporate bootlicking in this industry.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
its always online, you cant cheat. every single unlockable needs to be verified online.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm really conflicted. I have the game preordered at Best Buy (got it for free with a gift card) and I'm really excited to play it, but if a large chunk of the content is going to be gated off to me because of fuckery, then that makes me want to pass.

On the other hand, I mostly care about story mode and online play, and part of me thinks NRS will patch this to make it more acceptable, especially if reviewers call it out and the community looses their shit, which is what I'm expecting to happen.

Decisions...

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm really conflicted. I have the game preordered at Best Buy (got it for free with a gift card) and I'm really excited to play it, but if a large chunk of the content is going to be gated off to me because of fuckery, then that makes me want to pass.

On the other hand, I mostly care about story mode and online play, and part of me thinks NRS will patch this to make it more acceptable, especially if reviewers call it out and the community looses their shit, which is what I'm expecting to happen.

Decisions...

I believe the user who reviewed it (and posted said review here) mentioned it could be 9/10 or 10/10 if you're interested in story + competition. It seems like the real big issues are squarely in the single player grind aspect.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
shame i cant cancel my digital ps4 pre-order. i really hope the gaming press will call them out, but i doubt it. most reviewers will finish the story mode and thats it.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Decisions...
I posted the towers of time review. If you're not after the gear loot chase aspect of the game, its hands down the best game they've ever made. I had a fight against shao Khan in the shirazi ryu fire temple stage that I had to pause and take in. The stages and player models in this game are so amazing. They also make the most of the color palette than any of their 3d games

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
its always online, you cant cheat. every single unlockable needs to be verified online.

I don't know if that can stop Cheat Engine. Hitman 2018, an always-online game when it comes to unlocking content too, had cheat tables in its launch week.

Here's hoping PC players just bypass all the greed. I'm not even interested in this game, but practices like this can eat shit. Fighting game players are usually fucked when it comes to additional microtransactions for costumes, but this is peak "commodify anything commodifiable". And it's not like these games underperform so badly they have to be aggressive on monetization. I may be wrong here, but aren't MK's competitors in terms of sales just Tekken, Street Fighter, and Smash? They're at the top and they're pulling this.

Griffmo

Dec 9, 2017
shame i cant cancel my digital ps4 pre-order. i really hope the gaming press will call them out, but i doubt it. most reviewers will finish the story mode and thats it.

I literally just managed to cancel my digital PS4 preorder. Just have to navigate to their support chat and ask for it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I posted the towers of time review. If you're not after the gear loot chase aspect of the game, its hands down the best game they've ever made. I had a fight against shao Khan in the shirazi ryu fire temple stage that I had to pause and take in. The stages and player models in this game are so amazing. They also make the most of the color palette than any of their 3d games

Watching it right now. Thanks man.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Injustice 2 was already super grindy. It surprises me people claim this game is even worse? How is that even possible. I was going to get this game for the online play purely anyways. But I've been on the fence because I already have a lot of other fighting games to play.

But offline play was kind of a nice draw too (even though I play online a lot).

Might wait for a sale. Because I've got so many other games to play right now I'm swamped

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...
So all of this online nonsense is also present on the Switch version...where when taking the game on the go most of the common population can't simply connect to an internet connection everywhere and anywhere they go?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
I literally just managed to cancel my digital PS4 preorder. Just have to navigate to their support chat and ask for it.
looks like support chat is not available for germany. i had to fill out a request which can take up to 3 days...which means they will probably look at it when my game is no longer a pre-order... :(

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
looks like support chat is not available for germany. i had to fill out a request which can take up to 3 days...which means they will probably look at it when my game is no longer a pre-order... :(

Something I don't understand - What is the reason to pre-order a digital game? It is not like a physical edition that can sold out, the digital version will always be available to buy once you know more about the game.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
MKX had a fun, reasonable Krypt you could play offline and it sold 11 million copies! (+ regular DLC)

That's not enough? This game could top that number based on the quality of the core game alone, but they have to lock everyone out of playing offline to push microtransactions in a game with what, 7!? types of in-game currency in a glorified mobile game system?

The whole "customize your character" concept is one of the most disingenous features I've seen in some time.

They deserve to get plenty of negative feedback and bad press for this and I hope they see all the people canceling. Whether or not they'll change anything is the question.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Right, but you can pre-order even one minute before the release date, is not that you need to do it in rush days before. Like that it gives you time to know more about the game and check the reviews.

But I was actually talking about digital pre-orders in general, not specifically MK11.

i sometimes go digital because i share an account with a family member. he bought sekiro i buy mk11, he buys days gone and so on. but most of the time, i still go with the retail version since its cheaper and i can sell it.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but you can pre-order even one minute before the release date, is not that you need to do it in rush days before. Like that it gives you time to know more about the game and check the reviews.

But I was actually talking about digital pre-orders in general, not specifically MK11.

Some have deals that are timed. I paid $43 on PC.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
MKX had a fun, reasonable Krypt you could play offline and it sold 11 million copies! (+ regular DLC)

That's not enough? This game could top that number based on the quality of the core game alone, but they have to lock everyone out of playing offline to push microtransactions in a game with what, 7!? types of in-game currency in a glorified mobile game system?

shareholders only care about ever increasing profits, not standing pat. and they have cripplingly short term vision.

they'll suck all the juice out of MK and throw away the husk when it "under performs" in its next installment with only 8 million copies or somesuch.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Can I say I'll wait to see how bad it is for myself before I put my pitchfork out, or are just kneejerk reactions allowed in this thread?
what? nobody said you cant wait, ffs. its just ppl knowing what to expect form WB, nothing new and nothing surprising, why act like its their first time or they learned their lesson?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Almost preordered it after seeing the last trailer. Glad I didn't. Will check again how it's been updated during Black Friday.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, I'm trying to beat some of the towers at the moment and some of the fights are just annoying, not enjoying them at all. Shame because the actual game itself is brilliant.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've bought every NR game Day 1 these past two gens. This will be the first one I skip with a "wait and see" attitude. With the season pass and this news, it's offputting. Injustice 2 had a lot of this stuff but I found it forgiving. However, if you were going out of your way to get the Cat Call ability...good lord. It took me 50 hours of RNG and save scumming to get it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yeah, I'm trying to beat some of the towers at the moment and some of the fights are just annoying, not enjoying them at all. Shame because the actual game itself is brilliant.

it is ridiculous, it is super unfair and massively overtuned...there are even tag team fights against 2 enemies which can switch around and those have super health which feels like 3 times the health of the player. on top of it there are missiles going off, some blades are hitting you, it is just pure overkill

i literally sat here laughing out loud how they think that this is beatable...then i set up the AI with different configurations and consumables, even the AI wasn´t able to beat this encounter

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've bought every NR game Day 1 these past two gens. This will be the first one I skip with a "wait and see" attitude. With the season pass and this news, it's offputting. Injustice 2 had a lot of this stuff but I found it forgiving. However, if you were going out of your way to get the Cat Call ability...good lord. It took me 50 hours of RNG and save scumming to get it.
Guess who's played Injustice 2 since launch at least a few hours every single week and STILL doesn't have the "Cat Call" ability...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can though. If you haven't downloaded it at all and since pre-load isn't live yet. Sony changed their refund polcies a month or so ago.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I never bought the last Mordor game because of this stuff. Hope this hurts them. Such greed.

As someone else above said, once cheat engine works I'll give myself a million koins.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you are capable of constructive feedback and not being super aggro at people online, here are a few NRS twitter accounts that might be receptive?

@tylerlansdown @DKirtzic @BrianMakesGames @ApathyJones ‏@DizzyKnee @Osu16Bit

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...
So all of this online nonsense is also present on the Switch version...where when taking the game on the go most of the common population can't simply connect to an internet connection everywhere and anywhere they go?
Their definition of taking your Switch on the go is to take it to your nearby Starbucks or library. lol

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
After playing some more, the towers definitely need to be patched, for exactly the reasons already discussed. Technically that should not be a problem and really needs to be fixed. It's straight up impossible to win some fights.

The grind itself does not really bother me tbh. There are very few costumes I *really* want to have and all the unblockable are strictly cosmetic as far as I can tell. I don't think gear has individual stats? So it's definetly not the same as Injustice 2 where moves and epic gear were locked behind RNG. (please correct me if I'm wrong here)

I hope this does not read apologetic, the whole system is quite bad. Nevertheless, it would be different if the unblockables had an effect on Gameplay like in Injustice 2 or Battlefront 2.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. I'm mostly going into it for multiplayer, so I guess it won't bother me much. Hopefully they get a patch out quickly to address these issues for those who are primarily buying for offline play.