• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
According to this post on reddit, some WB Montreal placeholders were put up on Amazon and then swiftly taken down.

Here's a link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/coy1rb/wb_montreal_put_these_placeholders_and_quickly/

Unknown if this is faked or not, but with the Arkhamverse 10th anniversary and Gamescom right around the corner and their staff making some rather choice tweets recently, it seems we could finally be getting an announcement from them.

Also, for those not in the know, it's rumored that their game is a Batman Arkham Origins sequel centered around the Court of Owls. They also have another project in the works, and is also another new DC IP.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The ride never ends

Was the Court of Owls rumor the most recent? I feel like there's been at least three games they were working on that were canceled.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We're nearing the one year mark since that game got leaked. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing this until E3 '20 at the MINIMUM considering it's a next-gen title. No idea if they're planning on releasing in 2020, though I'd imagine that's the goal considering this game has been in development since late 2016 - early 2017.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
Wouldn't a placeholder be listed with the publisher and not the developer? It would just say WB Games, if there'd be an image at all.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it's Batman. That series is too good to die off, and for a new studio making a rushed game, Origins came out as one of the best games in the series in many ways (it's *the* best imo). I'd love to see another Batman from them.

Edit:
one of the comments:
Well, shit.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy we could be getting a next gen harry potter game..

SpiritedDearFeline-size_restricted.gif

harry-potter-game-leak-2.png

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I've given up regarding WB leaks. Will wait for the official reveals but they sure are taking their sweet time.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
WB really hasn't put out that much this generation. Only two LotR games and an Arkham game, right? Hopefully they pick up the pace for next gen.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB really hasn't put out that much this generation. Only two LotR games and an Arkham game, right? Hopefully they pick up the pace for next gen.
They still have the Netherrealm games and the TT games. They've also published Hitman 2 and are publishing Cyberpunk in North America.

But, from their internal AAA single player studios, yeah that's it. The WBM game is current gen though, so it will most definitely be the next one announced. Whenever that comes.

Oct 26, 2017

Dying Light, MK 11, MK X, IJ2, Shadow of War, Shadow of Mordor, 20+ LEGO games, various publishing deals with Rocket League, Hitman 2 and Fortnite Bundles, Gauntlet, Batman AK, Mad Max and Batman VR.

The thing is that WB Games is a small entity in Time Warner, they make a lot of money thanks to their games but they are not forced to release several games every years like every other publisher in the business, but when they release their games they are always successful.

Oct 26, 2017
People should not expect a Gamescom announcement, WB is missing among major publishers (yes i know there's "more", but WB is too big to not be there while THQ Nordic is there)

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
These guys have a LOT to prove with this title, or titles even. Guess WB is holding off any announcement for this and Rocksteady as they might just be next-gen titles, and we'll have to wait for the consoles to be announced. Maybe an early 2020 reveal with the PS5?

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I know this isn't the Harry Potter team, but I would purchase the fuck out of a Harry Potter game. It would be instantaneous, don't even care about review scores. Let me live in Hogwarts please.

I'll also accept more Arkham games please.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I feel like Rocksteady, WB Montreal and Retro are in a cold war of trying to go the longest without announcing a new game ha

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is probably fake. But if it is somehow true you are all forgeting who is publishing this game and what happened in WB Montreal since Arkham Origins? Whatever they are making it will be GAAS game filled with MTX.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Another day, another WB rumor. I feel like we've been hearing about their HP and Arkham project for at least 3 years now and still nothing.