• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 7, 2020
I am hoping for the best for all of the employees at various studios and other companies as the merger/integration occurs.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine the WB named studios stay in one piece and the rest are put in another piece.

They can rename it to Discovery comics now 😂

Any implication of this affecting hbo max - not specifically with the gaming division - just curious
I believe this merger was specifically to help get rid of debt and bolster things like HBO Max.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Was the whole Discovery WB thing known for a while?... I had no idea, and this is actually kinda huge.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Damn, that really sucks that WB is getting split up… I wonder who will go where, and I'm afraid for the studios' devs/tech teams/specialized positions that stay with AT&T because I can't see them sticking around much longer, and at the very least they'll sell them off to someone but eh

I just hope that Travelers Tales and the Lego games will live on. That's all I mainly care about, those games were my childhood and they're still awesome

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds crazy but we're going to need more concrete details. No idea how this will shake out.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
AT&T loves money. It's time to sell. Don't let them die. MS, Sony, Tencent, EA, 2k... ready the chequebooks

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Fucking hell if Netherrealm is up of sale, all the big publishers are going to be bidding on that one.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I imagine the WB named studios stay in one piece and the rest are put in another piece.

I believe this merger was specifically to help get rid of debt and bolster things like HBO Max.

Yeah, it certainly seems focused on creating a streaming giant, be that a beefed up HBO Max or if it's merged into some new combo of WarnerMedia and Discovery content. I'd have concerns for any of the assets the new company controls that don't contribute to that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like they have no idea what they're doing at this point.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm confused. I thought they were merging, why is anyone getting WB's stuff
AT&T have merged warner media with discovery and spun it off as their own company with shared owned by AT&T and discovery shareholders. But seems not all of WB Interactive will be making it out?
EDIT: possibly splitting them instead?

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Sony will most probably be all over Netherrealm now they own Evo. Also Rocksteady because of their history.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it certainly seems focused on creating a streaming giant, be that a beefed up HBO Max or if it's merged into some new combo of WarnerMedia and Discovery content. I'd have concerns for any of the assets the new company controls that don't contribute to that.
One look at the diagram in this tweet tells all lol