• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of Colbert:

wccftech: http://wccftech.com/hand-of-fate-2-2160p-xb1x-1620p-ps4pro/

The recent press release mentioned 4K resolution on Xbox One X. Is that native resolution and what's the targeted frame rate? Are there any other graphics enhancements exclusive to this version?

We've got a couple of modes on the Xbox One X – Native 4K and 1620p. They can be locked to solid 30fps or unlocked (with framerates ranging from 45-60fps depending on resolution). Our unlocked FPS mode uses adaptive vsync to handle screen-tearing. Xbox One X owners will also see a bunch of enhanced image effects.

Are there going to be PS4 Pro specific enhancements for Hand of Fate 2 and if so, how will they compare to the Xbox One X version?

The PS4 Pro has the same graphical enhancements over the standard consoles that the Xbox One X has. It targets 1620p when connected to a 4K screen, or 1080p on a lower-resolution monitor. Like the Xbox One X, it has both locked 30fps and unlocked FPS modes, and adaptive vsync when unlocked.

During our previous interview, you said that you were hoping to bump the frame rate on the original PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles to 60FPS. Were you able to achieve that goal?

We looked into it, but couldn't do it without reducing the graphical fidelity to a point we found unacceptable. We've got a solid 30fps on the original consoles, though, and players will find the performance a vast improvement over Hand of Fate 1.

In regards to the possible Switch port:

You also didn't completely rule out a port on the Nintendo Switch. Is that still a possibility later down the road?

Definitely a possibility, but we're not promising anything yet. The Switch is very popular around the studio and we recognize that the mobile format is a lovely fit for Hand of Fate's gameplay. We don't have anything to announce on the platform at the moment, but it's definitely something we're investigating. There are a ton of fantastic indies on the Switch right now, and we'd love to join them.

Deal me a new hand if old

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not AAA caliber but thats the 2nd game in a row that has a huge advantage in native resolution over the PS4 Pro version. I am absolutely excited how this plays out with the heavy hitters like Assassins Creed: Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and CoD WW2.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Not AAA caliber but thats the 2nd game in a row that has a huge advantage in native resolution over the PS4 Pro version. I am absolutely excited how this plays out with the heavy hitters like Assassins Creed: Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and CoD WW2.

Yep. Will 1440p Pro games scale to 2160p on X1X? That's what I'm curious about.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017

well it has a huge power advantage, i dont see whats so surprising about this

every single game is going to look and run noticeably better on xbox one x

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
There is another game AAA Rise of Tomb Raider.

It runs at 4k native over pro cb and also 4k cb while pro is 1080p. Huge difference

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
There were many concerns/statements in the past that developers would not make use of that advantage. Thats why I am personally glad that it is not the case.

Yeah, but as the dev said, they're both using the same graphical feature set. So, in this case the XB1X is just using it's extra power to push higher resolution, not enhanced effects.

For most games that don't have a precedent of 4K/higher textures taken from that game's PC version, I guess this will be the norm.