• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
1. Hmmm.. Destiny 2 on PC is Free...
2. Xbox Game Pass has over a dozen game annoncements?
3. I'm bored and can't wait until XO18...

giphy.gif

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Destiny 2 could be a possibility indeed.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, We Happy Few and Pillars of Eternity too.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Destiny 2? PS Plus sloppy seconds isn't a good look.

I think Hellblade is inevitable. And I'm predicting Forza 7 too given all the investment they're putting in to it recently.
lmao what

just because a game was available on ps plus shouldn't preclude it from being on game pass. especially when game pass games are more permanent than only being able to redeem for a month at a time

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for some colorful types of games since those are what I mainly play. So like Broken Age, Bastion, Mega Man X Legacy Collection, things like that.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
lmao what

just because a game was available on ps plus shouldn't preclude it from being on game pass. especially when game pass games are more permanent than only being able to redeem for a month at a time
I didn't say it should preclude it from being on Game Pass did I?

Just that it wouldn't make for a particularly good X018 announcement given that it was free on Plus already.

But you can carry on laughing your ass off now.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This is such a shitty take.

It would still be a great announcement.
It's a shitty game.

IMHO
Will of the wisps?

Thought it was already announced

Edit: oh......for gamepass lol man I'm being dumb

Its microsoft published correct?
Unusual situation with Ori 2 in that it was already signed with Moon before Game Pass was a thing, and certainly by E3 it still wasn't coming to Game Pass. But Thomas mentioned in here that it was still to be discussed.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Will of the wisps?

Thought it was already announced

Edit: oh......for gamepass lol man I'm being dumb

Its microsoft published correct?

Yes, but the deal with Moon Studios was made before they announced the whole first party on Gamepass thing. According to Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios they haven't had time to discuss it with Microsoft, as of yet. So who knows.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Ori 2 not being on Game Pass is like Titanfall 2 not being on EA Access at launch. A disaster waiting to happen and negativity for absolutely no reason when it will eventually be added at some point anyways.

While Moon may have the final choice to go on game pass, I don't think they really have a choice in reality. The backlash surrounding it would be too much and that much negativity around a games launch is never good. Staying off Game Pass would get them absolutely nowhere but negative things, it's just not worth it imo. There comes a point where you're better off just saying fuck it and going with the flow.. even more so since MS own the IP and it doesn't really matter anyways, Moon studios are still gonna get paid.

Just my view on it. Said this months ago aswell, the chances of Ori 2 not being on game pass was always very slim regardless of what Thomas said.

If I was to guess.. Hellblade, Forza 7, a big 360 game (RDR?), Ori 2, Maybe Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Game pass to PC, Minecraft, no idea what else.

Edit: Cuphead is a good guess too.. But this is becoming too many 'big hitters' lol.. I feel like we should be lowering expectations.

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Just that it wouldn't make for a particularly good X018 announcement given that it was free on Plus already.

If it was the only announcement you might have a point, but unless they plan on announcing it 12 times we know it won't be. Your post is not far removed from console warrior garbage, what games have appeared on PS+ shouldn't effect what Xbox announce at all.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If it was the only announcement you might have a point, but unless they plan on announcing it 12 times we know it won't be. Your post is not far removed from console warrior garbage, what games have appeared on PS+ shouldn't effect what Xbox announce at all.
Quite the opposite, owning both consoles I already have the damn game thanks to PS Plus so clearly I'm not going to be overly enthused about it coming to Game Pass. Obviously for my fellow Xbox brethren who don't own a PS4 I realise they may well have a different opinion on that, but I'm posting my opinion not other people's opinions. That aside I think you're reading far too much in to my initial post.
It's such a great game, really looking forward to the DLC.

I still think a bunch of these announcements will be for games launching on Game Pass day one in future, like Grip did and Ashen will be.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ori 2 is an obvious one, along with a new trailer. I'll be blown away if that game doesn't launch on Gamepass.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017

How is it more permanent? Can you keep games on game pass after your sub expires. That's awesome if you can.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I should probably pay more attention then.
Every exclusive game being published by Microsoft Studios will go into Game Pass day one. Gears 5, Battletoads and Halo Infinite will all go to Game Pass too.

The only exception to this is Ori and the Will of the Wisps because that game started production before Microsoft planned Game Pass.

It could still come to Game Pass though, Moon Studios said they didn't make a decision yet on if they want to bring it to Game Pass and Microsoft was giving them the decision.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
How is it more permanent? Can you keep games on game pass after your sub expires. That's awesome if you can.
No, but you can play Game Pass games for 30 days after they leave the service. But it doesn't work like GwG or Plus where you get to keep your amassed library as long as you subscribe.

But obviously you have access to 200+ games the day you first subscribe to Game Pass, with plenty of new additions (and a few removals) every month, day one launch games, more AAA titles etc, so it has different benefits over GwG. It's basically Netflix, but with downloads and 30 days grace when titles leave.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

No, but you can play Game Pass games for 30 days after they leave the service. But it doesn't work like GwG or Plus where you get to keep your amassed library as long as you subscribe.

But obviously you have access to 200+ games the day you first subscribe to Game Pass, with plenty of new additions (and a few removals) every month, day one launch games, more AAA titles etc, so it has different benefits over GwG. It's basically Netflix, but with downloads and 30 days grace when titles leave.
Also to add, all Microsoft Studios titles will be launched on Game Pass day one and Microsoft Studios first party exclusives will never leave the service (with the exception being licensing issues such as music or cars a la Forza will probably be removed after 2 years.)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Remember when Blizzard announced that users were getting a free copy of Destiny 2 on Battlenet, and everyone was like "Fuck this bullshit, it was already on PSN Plus"?
Sorry, I should have said "PS Plus and Battlenet sloppy seconds" :p

Would make a better GwG title than Game Pass on the basis that Activision seems to be chucking it out there right now.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Also to add, all Microsoft Studios titles will be launched on Game Pass day one and Microsoft Studios first party exclusives will never leave the service (with the exception being licensing issues such as music or cars a la Forza will probably be removed after 2 years.)

It does sound like a cool service that I will be checking out once I get an Xbox. Are most of the day one titles only around for 30 days before they leave the service ?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
It does sound like a cool service that I will be checking out once I get an Xbox. Are most of the day one titles only around for 30 days before they leave the service ?
None of the day one titles have left the service so far IIRC, the day one titles from March are still there. Microsoft's exclusives will stay.

And there's a policy that all games added have to stay at least 3 months before being removed. Fallout 4 was added in June and is getting removed this month.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
No, all the day one titles are still on the service. The minimum amount of time a game will stay in the service is 3 months (+ 30 days grace) but most have been on there for a year or longer. Microsoft games are on there for good, unless any licensing issues arise in the future.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope that they include the Age of Empires games