• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

johnwick

Oct 27, 2017
I love lethal weapon but enough is enough, leave it alone.

4bUV7Ls.gif

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're really too old now, it's a shame cause I really like all the movies, how is the tv series ?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
They actually are too old for it now. Glover's dentures constantly sound on the verge of flying right out of his mouth in pretty much every role he's done since Shooter.

I'm not even sure Gibson is the best Riggs anymore. TV guy is damn good.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the villain is Donnie Yen this time around and that he kills off Riggs and Murtaugh once and for all.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm too old for this shit too - but if the script was good and the chemistry was there I'd turn up for old time's sake. Would love a return to the vibe of the first though. That and Die Hard remain the peak of this kind of stuff for me. What a double bill those two make.

Oct 27, 2017
Richard Donner is so underrated. He isn't a fancy director, but good god does the guy know how to make fun action movies.

Dude is responsible for creating 4 franchises that are some of the most popular and famous in their genre. The Omen, Superman, Lethal Weapon and The Goonies.

He is also genuinely the best and most laid back director to listen to in interviews

Oct 27, 2017
They actually are too old for it now. Glover's dentures constantly sound on the verge of flying right out of his mouth in pretty much every role he's done since Shooter.

I'm not even sure Gibson is the best Riggs anymore. TV guy is damn good.

I just rewatched Saw 1 last night, which has Danny Glover in it.

Probably the worst acting I've ever seen by a celebrated actor. Like, it's so bad I still can't believe it. I remember it being bad when I first saw the movie 10 years ago, but it's even worse now. He does not give a shit at all.

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched Saw 1 last night, which has Danny Glover in it.

Probably the worst acting I've ever seen by a celebrated actor. Like, it's so bad I still can't believe it. I remember it being bad when I first saw the movie 10 years ago, but it's even worse now. He does not give a shit at all.

He was never really a good actor. It's a lot more apparent when he's paired with someone like Gibson.
His acting never took anything away from the Lethal Weapon series though since their chemistry just worked. I wouldn't change him for anyone else.

Deadlast

Oct 27, 2017
They should do a lethal weapon set in 1978. New actors and not be linked to the original series.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for this. Shane Black apparently has a script for this, too. They need to take a serious look at it, as I'm sure it's better than anything else they'd get. 4 was decent, but I'd prefer Black get a crack at the (more than guaranteed) final Lethal Weapon movie w/ Gibson and Glover.