• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
What...
*Emperor Palpatine likes this*
Reported also and Twitter asks me to write them why I did it, ffs Jack!

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
2Z96JnV.jpg

Invoking MLK when you're part of a hate group? Sounds about white.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
so I guess they're trying to do the old "perhaps the people who won't let me be intolerant are the REAL intolerant ones", but somehow even stupider

bold choice

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

Yes..... this is an actual thing.....

But hey I guess they finally admitted they are a hate group.

I knew it would be bad, but seeing the Tweet it was replying to makes me want to throw up hard and instantly fall asleep. Literally "say no to hating trans folk" being met with "uh, actually, hate is a legitimate emotion that lets us hate people, so we say YES to hate 😌" Someone should lose their job over this.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They're saying it in response to this tweet:

@WestYorksPolice
West Yorkshire Police is supporting Transgender Day of Remembrance today. We honour and remember all the people who have lost their lives, or suffered harm, as a result of violence and stigma. Sort it, report it, say no to hate.

Just full mask off transphobia. And I guess Twitter's fine with hosting hate groups on their platform.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

@WestYorksPolice
West Yorkshire Police is supporting Transgender Day of Remembrance today. We honour and remember all the people who have lost their lives, or suffered harm, as a result of violence and stigma. Sort it, report it, say no to hate.

Just full mask off transphobia. And I guess Twitter's fine with hosting hate groups on their platform.

How in the hell does any thinking human being post this crap?

ACAB, can't even pretend for a second not to be a hate group, even when it's another police force that's doing the token "say no to hate" PR message.

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
Looks like their PR department is already defunded, at least. Not that there is one that could salvage this.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

@WestYorksPolice

This is a mind boggling response.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think they are just condoning transphobia. There are a lot of symbols in that picture they retweeted.
Their twitter description refers to them as "a group of gender critical lawyers, former police officers, writers & professionals", of course they're condoning transphobia.

Edit: I misread the "just" part there, but they're definitely primarily concerned with it

Last edited:

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
From the UK huh? When are you guys going to sort this shit out?

Sort what shit out? I'm not going to say that the UK is a haven for people who belong to a minority, there is still a lot of hate and bigotry aimed their way here.

But from what I can see, this is a small group of far-right chuds getting mad about the police recognising transphobic bigotry as a hate crime and offering to protect victims who come forward to report it.

Checking their website, one of this group's founders appears to be Graham Linehan. So this is basically just a pathetic little band of terfs, at least one of whom was banned from social media for constantly breaking the rules, banding together in a naked attempt to skirt around a twitter ban and continue their little hateful crusade.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The only way to make that gas lighting statement more inflammatory is to post that with an Inside Out character avatar.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Propel waste so much time and energy of their short lives on thinking on what other people are doing. Or their genitals.

What a damn waste.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I guess no one has ever hated them enough to escalate that hate into action thats beneficial to society at large.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Their twitter description refers to them as "a group of gender critical lawyers, former police officers, writers & professionals", of course they're condoning transphobia.

Edit: I misread the "just" part there, but they're definitely primarily concerned with it

Yes they are saying that are "primarily" concerned about it. But that is always how it starts

Here is a good tweet response:
EnXYwi1XEAEiHIM

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Sort what shit out? I'm not going to say that the UK is a haven for people who belong to a minority, there is still a lot of hate and bigotry aimed their way here.

But from what I can see, this is a small group of far-right chuds getting mad about the police recognising transphobic bigotry as a hate crime and offering to protect victims who come forward to report it.

Checking their website, one of this group's founders appears to be Graham Linehan. So this is basically just a pathetic little band of terfs, at least one of whom was banned from social media for constantly breaking the rules, banding together in a naked attempt to skirt around a twitter ban and continue their little hateful crusade.

Transphobia is endemic in the UK.

Transphobia is mainstream in exactly the same way Homophobia was mainstream just a few decades ago. Unless you think the Guardian or the BBC or the Labour party, all of which are havens for and promoters of transphobes, are some tiny far-right organisations.

Treating Transphobia as some niche pursuit of the far-right is dismissing and diminishing the lived experience of Trans* folks in the UK, which is in itself deeply Transphobic.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017

Transphobia is mainstream in the UK. And that's across the political spectrum.

Pretending it's not doesn't do anyone any favours.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Transphobia is mainstream in the UK. And that's across the political spectrum.

Pretending it's not doesn't do anyone any favours.
Transphobia is endemic in the UK.

Transphobia is mainstream in exactly the same way Homophobia was mainstream just a few decades ago. Unless you think the Guardian or the BBC or the Labour party, all of which are havens for and promoters of transphobes, are some tiny far-right organisations.

Treating Transphobia as some niche pursuit of the far-right is dismissing and diminishing the lived experience of Trans* folks in the UK, which is in itself deeply Transphobic.

I'll start out by saying that I didn't mean to suggest that the UK was free of transphobia. Although reading my last post, I recognise that the context comes across as dismissive and I should have thought about my choice of words better before hitting reply. So I'll just elaborate on what I meant a little bit;

I agree that transphobia is endemic in the UK, and it's dug in deeply throughout our society. But it's similarly endemic on an international level. Which is why I'm puzzled about the emerging narrative that the UK is particularly bad for being anti-trans. Yet, gender identity is recognised as a protected class here, which is exactly what the "Fair Cop" chuds are arguing against in that tweet. So how on the local level does the UK go further into protecting a marginalised group? Outside of doing what I assume many on Era already do, which is to resist it on a personal level and try to deplatform hate when it makes itself visible.

As for the group itself, I mistook Graham Linehan's presence on their website as a founder's statement, when he's listed as a case study. (Lol, poor little Glinner, so persecuted for being banned off twitter) So I'm willing to admit I may be wrong about the size of them. On top of being TERFs, they appear to be pretty far right generally. After a quick scan of their twitter, I discovered them also going after West Yorkshire police for encouraging people to report Islamaphobic hate crime.

So yeah, fuck TERFs, fuck "Fair Cop" and a genuine apology if the conduct in my previous post was dismissive or insensitive.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Reported. Fuck them. ACAB forever.
Yep. I'm more than fine hating an institution that has no interest in being responsible with the power it wields over citizens and lets its members abuse it for the sake of their own personal satisfaction and desires to hurt/vendettas against "undesirables" rather than to protect all people equally. And I have no interest tolerating the people who want to valorize that institution or its members just because the job is dangerous and not because the people in it actually do anything or act in a way worth respecting or admiring. ACAB.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
This organisation is a bunch of cops specifically signalling how much they hate trans people? I can't process the layers of shit here.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Is this group just a handful of bigots making a lot of noise, or do they have significant reach and numbers?

Oct 27, 2017
This is the logic of pseudo-intellectuals that regurgitate all their talking points out of context from half remembered headlines and history books.

Bullshit attempt at "both sides"-ing blatant racism by saying "you can't beat hate with hate! A famous black guy said so."

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
This organisation is a bunch of cops specifically signalling how much they hate trans people? I can't process the layers of shit here.

Delving into their website more, they have "Case studies" on six people. All of whom appear to contribute to this organisation's materials. (They all appear on the podcast page for example.) The only one with a connection to the police is an ex-cop who quit the force after he tweeted transphobic poems and received a phone call from a co-worker asking them not to.

All six of them have a history of posting terfy shit on twitter, and three of them have some kind of personal beef with the charity Mermaids.

I don't know how much real reach they have, but the only other name I can find connected to them is the founder, Rob Jessel. According to his linked in, he's a freelance PR agent with no history of being in the police.

Last edited:

anariel

Oct 27, 2017

@WestYorksPolice

Wow. Doing that on November 20th of all days is a real shitty move.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Bullshit attempt at "both sides"-ing blatant racism by saying "you can't beat hate with hate! A famous black guy said so."
Yep. And that black guy they love to trot out was one of many black and brown people routinely brutalized, arrested, demonized & threatened by cops for simply seeking equality. You could fill a library entirely with photos of police brutality and written accounts of the multitude of ways the institution of law enforcement plotted against and worked to destabilize & eliminate the Civil Rights movement from just the period of MLK's life alone let alone throughout US history. They seem to conveniently erase that part though when they want to try and gaslight the rest of us.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Yep. I'm more than fine hating an institution that has no interest in being responsible with the power it wields over citizens and lets its members abuse it for the sake of their own personal satisfaction and desires to hurt/vendettas against "undesirables" rather than to protect all people equally. And I have no interest tolerating the people who want to valorize that institution or its members just because the job is dangerous and not because the people in it actually do anything or act in a way worth respecting or admiring. ACAB.
Well, looks like my report got dismissed? Twitter send me an email asking for more infos on what's happening but it leads to a dead link. Mmmmm...