• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I tend to avoid threads that complain about the things in the OP.

I loved the TLJ and CM, so I just consider those people idiots and move on.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
ThousandEyes was posting suspect and dismissive shit in the boomer thread but wasn't expecting the mask to slip off into showing his full extent of racism.

I take just the tiniest little bit of pride in the fact that I managed to argue him into slipping the mask. But then I owe a lot of my current opinions to reading the blogs of folks like DrugMonkey who are very, very vocal about racism in science, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about speaking from ignorance.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This community needs to be better about falling for the alt right talking points in general.

When we still have people believing that Hillary has a kill squad and backs Trump's phony investigation if it takes down down Biden, liberals are not as smart as they think they are.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
No one is asking for detective work. Simply *watching* the videos being shared is 99.9% of the time enough to know you should not share it. As the videos being shared here that spurred my request almost entirely contain sexist complaining within the video themselves and require no further research.

You basically just repeated what I just said in different words.

I'd say the most appropriate thing would be to at least watch the video you are about to post to make sure you aren't posting racist / mysogenistic shit. Be enlightened of anyone's past behavior after by your fellow forum camarades, if needed.

I was responding to the person I quoted which in turn was responding to someone wondering how would he know that someone from a video he just posted did something bad 5 years ago. It seems I misunderstood the poster I quoted. I thought he was implying that people don't do their detective's work and that this is what this thread was about. Rather, reading him again, it seems he's just saying that people don't even do the effort to watch the videos they are about to post and that this is what this thread is about, which make sense now that I think about it.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
You basically just repeated what I just said in different words.

I was responding to the person I quoted which in turn was responding to someone wondering how would he know that someone from a video he just posted did something bad 5 years ago. It seems I misunderstood the poster I quoted. I thought he was implying that people don't do their detective's work and that this is what this thread was about. Rather, reading him again, it seems he's just saying that people don't even do the effort to watch the videos they are about to post and that this is what this thread is about, which make sense now that I think about it.
That is was I was trying to say, I just could have written it more clearly (I'm really bad at that). I'm glad we ultimately agree though.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a list of shitty alt right Youtubers? I just assume anyone making Star Wars videos on Youtube is a shit head.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Not to defend them, but you just can't expect everyone to do detective's work on any source they're about to link
it doesn't take but 30 seconds to go to the youtube channel, click on videos, and sort by most popular to see what they're about

that will catch like 90 percent of alt-right shithead channels

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Using terms like "SJW" and shit like that doesn't define alt-right. That kind of conflation is what makes people outside of this bubble look and laugh at the community.
This is the realest post.
I don't give a shit about whether some random people think we're funny or not. The people who are using "SJW" unironically may not be "alt-right" but they're definitely trying to provide a sanitized version of the same beliefs and shouldn't be tolerated. They're not arguing in good faith.
There is no acceptable way to throw that term "SJW" around. It is used entirely to belittle and complain about those who push for inclusiveness and diversity.

What is this way of calling someone a SJW that isn't alt-right/sexist that you are trying to defend here?

I am curious what way of calling someone an SJW is that you find acceptable.
People who are laughing at us for saying "SJW" is a term of the alt-right aren't worth considering because they're treating basic human dignity like a punchline.
And the real funny thing is, treating human dignity like a punchline is the main organizing principle of the alt-right
That's a lot to extrapolate from someone saying three letters and screams of being exposed to nothing but a sanitized versions of events through a very narrow lens. It's one thing to believe in inclusiveness and diversity and another to throw every action or story that happens through your own worldviews lens and proclaim it to be the only way something can be looked at, or that seeing it differently makes you a "insert popular social issue insult here".
There are SO many issues on the left that involve these ideas of inclusiveness and diversity that are batshit crazy to your average person, and I'm not talking about the broader issues, that people who espouse those things are going to get a label. It doesn't make the people that don't agree a "insert popular social issue insult here" it just means they disagree. I've seen some weird stuff pop up on here and get only resounding agreement because that's all that is allowed because disagreement=you're alt-right or banned, usually both. That's not how disagreement, discourse and discussion solve problems or spur growth and it doesn't speak well for anyone that wants a community to grow. Treating your beliefs as facts and shutting down anyone who doesn't work within your frame of "facts" isn't being woke, it's being religious.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
it doesn't take but 30 seconds to go to the youtube channel, click on videos, and sort by most popular to see what they're about

And like I say, you can't expect everyone to do that. Just asking posters to watch the 30 minutes video they are about to post is a hard task. Asking them to detective that shit up is way past the realm of feasible things. May I remind you that most posters here don't even take the time to read the OP before posting their input?

Just look at the Martin Scorsese editorial thread as an example.

Deleted member 55795

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
First time I watched a Quatering video I was about to Sub to his channel until he mentioned Apex Legends did not have a character that represented a white straight male for him to choose from... and somehow that was bad.

But for some reason his still in my YouTube recommendations.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

I think if you click the dots by any of his recommended videos there's a setting to block getting recs from him. I forget the exact setting and since I'm not logged into youtube at work I can't check, but I believe I managed to do something like this the other day.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First time I watched a Quatering video I was about to Sub to his channel until he mentioned Apex Legends did not have a character that represented a white straight male for him to choose from... and somehow that was bad.

not interested > tell us why > I don't like this channel

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
User Banned (Permanent): Posting Bigoted Content and Trolling Over Multiple Posts; Prior Severe Ban for Excusing Racism
Provide examples of what ideas of inclusiveness on the left meet this criteria to you please.
Here, two videos on which you would be banned for posting the content in them.
It's been fun guys.
Mod Edit: Inappropriate Content Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

品川駅

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
Because most people, even in this forum, isn't progressive or as progressive as you want it to be and that's alright too, everyone has different priorities.

it kinda reflects the real world which I really appreciate but not everyone is gonna be happy for it.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Here, two videos on which you would be banned for posting the content in them.

Blaire White is actually a pretty extreme reactionary shithead and I can find her blackface photos if you want.
Sophia Narwitz is the writer who works with Colin Moriarty and who leaked the E3 contact database.

They are odd people to cite as folks who would complain about SJWs who are somehow not alt-right. These are, uncontrovertibly and without exception, not people you should trust for your information, and they should not be considered moderate in any regard.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I know you said you'd catch like 90% but I'd wager it's far smaller than that. It's not that easy to see where certain YouTubers fall politically especially when they're just a bunch of video game nerds like the ones I watch.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I don't know what the most impressive part of that was but it might be completely falling into the exact behavior the OP is complaining about. Or maybe it's the "prior severe ban" for racism. But these people just can't help themselves can they
RedAjarIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I thought the gas character was white? Dunno enough of the lore to know if he is straight.

The Quartering is rather pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't The Quartering the guy that got kicked out of the Magic: The Gathering community after sexually harassing a cosplayer?

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The Quartering did an interview on DSP...that's all you need to know about the guy.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh? Alt right didn't co-opt any of the terms I mentioned. There is no way to talk about SJW's in a non-alt right way and never was.

My recollection is that term being used on the left and then being adopted by the alt-right as an insult. Unless you are just referring to SJW as used on the internet and not social justice warrior which I remember as starting with a good connotation and at worst a descriptor of someone fighting for social justice. Could of just been my circle.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Closest thing to the left using it (outside of ironic-reflexive usage of it or its variants a la "social justice white mage") is people using it early in its coining to refer to people in some fandom cultures who cared more about the ethical treatment of fictional characters than the ethical treatment of people. Even then that wasn't an especially common usage, and the current connotation has been consistent for like half a decade.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
On Tumblr, the original use of social justice warrior was to describe people whose political activism starts and stops at sending death threats to people on the internet, often using progressive language to object to someone's favorite pairing in a TV show. Do-nothings who don't vote and don't volunteer but consider themselves a big deal because they spend a lot of time yelling about ethics in fanfiction. It was by leftists and for leftists. The term is useless for that meaning now.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
its never that anyone falls for them because they didnt notice the dogwhistles. they just think dogwhistles dont matter.

Oct 30, 2017
This might help: Channel Blocker. Works by putting an x mark on channel names on all youtube videos. Click it and they are gone

It can even import and export lists to block. I was trying to use it last week and found that alt right videos aren't showing up on the feed anymore. I need a list that prevents it from appearing the future. Anyone have a list?