1. The entire game should take place inside a huge puddle

2. As big as Insomniac's artists want them to be

3. As deep as my knowledge of game development

4. I prefer oceans tbh

5. Don't go chasing Waterfalls

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maneil99

Maneil99

They never compared it with that initial trailer so...

2. cakely

cakely

This is the point where you just hold your fingers in your ears and repeat "la la la la".

3. Equanimity

Equanimity

Either you’re trolling or just incredibly dense

4. spman2099

spman2099

Immature, prideful, and compromised seems just as likely...

5. There are many games I think will be great that I don’t buy. Whether it’s not my type of game, or doesn’t look visually impressive to me, or I think it would be better to wait for a price cut. I think many fighting games are action ones may be great but I don’t have any interest in playing as I’m not a fan of the genre. Spider-Man is no exception. PErhaps when it’s $10-15 I’ll buy it.

6. [​IMG]

7. Unknownhero

Unknownhero

so, you are just trolling then, K.

8. Equanimity

Equanimity

I don’t care about your buying habits. I take issue with you calling it an apparent downgrade, especially after the clarification from Insomniac and a 30 minutes analysis video from Digital Foundry.

9. Unknownhero

Unknownhero

just report and ignore him, he's only trying to bait you guys.

10. A.By

A.By

I mean, if GOAT is trolling, they're trolling because y'all are being easily susceptible to someone saying they won't buy a game

11. Bunta

Bunta

..The pictures you responded to weren't from the initial reveal. But believe what you want if DF can't even convince you.

12. If I was trolling I’d be initiating the back and forth here. Someone else chose to quote me in a thread I had Long ceased posting in. You may not like my opinions but they’re perfectly valid nevertheless. But hey, someone not planning on buying a game you are looking forward to shouldn’t be a problem for you. Some folks just have desires for more impressive visuals.

13. Unknownhero

Unknownhero

and it's still against the rules here so...yeah.

14. Why are you affected by someone disagreeing with you on whether a game was downgraded?

15. Seeya

Seeya

You can see LOD isn’t the same between 2016 and 2018 on cars at and shadows. I’ll have to wait to play more to get a feel for NPC/Car density, but even if they did not alter the puddles for performance and instead for modularity, that’s still a clear downgrade. Game IS gorgous though, but you can see where nips and tucks have been made for optimizing. There have been clear improvements as well.

16. Sounds like you missed the memo that the game was actually upgraded lol
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvels-spider-man-the-complete-digital-foundry-analysis.66364/

Your argument is...invalid.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. ItIsOkBro

ItIsOkBro

2017 looks like shit. retroactive downgrade?

18. Equanimity

Equanimity

You’re not in a private space. Expect people to question your false statements.

19. Maneil99

Maneil99

After viewing this again I have to retract my comment and say it is likely a different lighting source, atleast if DF says that it's the same. To me the shadow artifact on the arms looks like a lower LoD or Polygon model with clipping causing that effect.

20. That’s ok. I’m not bothered by it, I find it interesting though.

21. Wonderment

Wonderment

Since the game has now been examined by enthusiast sites and reviewers, covering puddles and other image features, please discuss the Spider-Man game in the other threads. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.