• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Did they even try? Excusing the absolutely terrible performance of the actors, they didn't even try to sync the movements with the facial animations. This dub is somehow worse than the ones games used to get in the PSX era. In fact I can't think of any non-shovelware game that has a worse dub.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
This dub is somehow worse than the ones games used to get in the PSX era
To be completely honest, I consider 90's and early 2000's spanish dubs to be stellar. They were either legitimately great or cheesy and funny like most point and click PC games. From then on, it's only gone downhill, to the point that I haven't been able to play a game, watch a movie or a TV series if dubbed. A lot of people criticise the fact that we're not supporting spanish voice actors nowadays, but let's be honest, most of them are absolutely abysmal.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Uffff, this is terrible. What happen to their voices? Is like they are reading from a paper and...that's it.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Holy shit that is bad, not "me estás nombrando Virreina?" levels of cringe but pretty close.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah, I was just listening to it. It's unbelievably bad. Sounds like a dub from 25 years ago.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
What is up with the quality of Spanish dub compared to the Latin American one? Is it just the amount of people that are going to use the latin vs the spain one?

Or is this just a one off of bad direction?

Edit: genuinely asking as someone who is of Mexican/Spanish descent but has always been around my latin american side of the family.

Last edited:

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
the dub is from spain , always awful ( with the exception of the borderlands games ) , latin dub is much better

What are you on about? Are you gonna start throwing the "gallego" term around now?

Spanish dub is regarded as one of the best if not the best, it just happens that this one is really shit. Doesn't affect me because I play games in English but they could have done so much better, I mean what the hell was 505 Games thinking?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What is up with the quality of Spanish dub compared to the Latin American one? Is it just the amount of people that are going to use the latin vs the spain one?

Or is this just a one off of bad direction?
I dislike dubs in general (be it European Spanish, English, French...) and almost always prefer the original (there're some exceptions I guess -PSX's Metal Gear Solid's Spain localization is great-), but I don't think European Spanish/Spain dubs are bad. Not worse than other languages, at least.

This one is just inexplicably atrocious, as if it was made as a joke by an amateur dub group. I really, really don't understand what's going on.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Didn't think MC's voice was that bad until it got to the fucking janitor lmao
after that I couldn't take anything serious.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
I am so against dubbing in general on principle, but ESPECIALLY here in spain. I always insist to family and so to avoid the dubs like the plague, but it's almost like a point of pride for them at this point. like you don't have to learn a language, but I can't comprehend wanting to engage with a butchered piece of media over pride and complacency. subtitles are always such a preferable experience. Oh well... their loss..

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
thats european spanish, instantly a no no for any spanish talking people in America (the continent)

Latin spanish dubs from the 360/PS3 era onwards are pretty great most of the time, they hire great VA.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people always gotta start shit between the Spain and Latin America dubs? Both have good dubs and awful dubs. This ain't 2009 YouTube, man.

I expect most people on Spain to switch to subs after this. It doesn't look good after the recent debate on "Is dubbing stuff bad" that's been on the Internet here recently.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
thats european spanish, instantly a no no for any spanish talking people in America (the continent)

Latin spanish dubs from the 360/PS3 era onwards are pretty great most of the time, they hire great VA.
Hey sometimes we get the bad ones as well. The latest Ratchet's VA was horrible, which is weird because Sony's dubs are usually great. The main reason why for most games I just can't get into the spain's spanish dubs is because of how they never respect how the original voices sound, Atreus in GOW sounds like a fucking 20 year old

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The voice on el conserje. holy shit. Ive always hated spanish dubs. Im used to subtitles cause of all my years of trying to learn english watching movies or series so ill just put the most (imo) appropiate language in the game.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Why do people always gotta start shit between the Spain and Latin America dubs? Both have good dubs and awful dubs. This ain't 2009 YouTube, man.

I expect most people on Spain to switch to subs after this. It doesn't look good after the recent debate on "Is dubbing stuff bad" that's been on the Internet here recently.

Are you a native spanish speaker? most american native spanish speakers will tell you they won't consume ANY media with an european spanish dub, it just sounds really bad to us.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you a native spanish speaker? most native american spanish speakers will tell you they won't consume ANY media with an european spanish dub, it just sounds really bad to us.

I am, yeah. Latin also sounds really bad to us, but taking a step back is always good. Both have good stuff and bad stuff, no need to have these dumb fights over dubs again.

PacoChan

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, who would have thought that this thread would end up like a Youtube comment section in a Simpsons video.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
the dub is from spain , always awful ( with the exception of the borderlands games ) , latin dub is much better

I never expected to see this on ERA, only on youtube commentary section of a Simpsons video in spanish.

On topic, that dub is AWFUL. The janitor sounds similar to Melendi in HTTYD3's spanish dub (yeah, here in Spain we are experts in hiring famous people with zero experience to dub animation films).

Edit: Damnit! PacoChan

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Are you a native spanish speaker? most american native spanish speakers will tell you they won't consume ANY media with an european spanish dub, it just sounds really bad to us.

That's cool and all but that doesn't mean we have to go through another "your spanish sucks". I've keep seeing this shit since the 90s with the Simpson and such and it's pathethic.

They are different languages, that's it. Both have great and bad dubs.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I am, yeah. Latin also sounds really bad to us, but taking a step back is always good. Both have good stuff and bad stuff, no need to have these dumb fights over dubs again.

I understand completely, that's why there are Latin Spanish and European Spanish dubs.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok that was hilarious

Why even bother if you are not gonna put in any effort at all?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does the dubbing compare to Quantum Break and Alan Wake?
The Alan Wake dub is fantastic, it might be one of the best I've heard. Quantum Break didn't have one (Microsoft policy in Spain since the beginning of the gen).

This might be the worst dub I've ever heard. That janitor will give me nightmares.

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
Always find it interesting that people who like Latin American dubs really have to go out of their way to tell everyone and put down other dubs while they're at it.

Makes it even funnier when Latin dubs are pretty hilariously bad a lot of the time too. LA Spanish dub DBZ comes to mind as one of the best examples that people overlook because it's what they grew up with. Just remember hearing so much praise for it and then laughing at how everyone almost sounded like they were reading off a paper.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I see the budget for localizations keeps getting smaller and smaller. Thank god I play everything in English these days.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Well I guess we now know one of aspects that 505 didn't trickle down some of that EGS cash.

I have never been fan of dub (luckily in Finland we dub basically just kids shows), but if you gonna do it at least put effort it.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Every time I have the opportunity, and the game has it, I play around both in portuguese (PT-PT) and spanish just for shits and giggles. It's hella fun.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
A game made by finnish devs but I bet they still won't even have finnish dub for finnish people like me!

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Uffff, this is terrible. What happen to their voices? Is like they are reading from a paper and...that's it.

That's actually what most videogame dubbing actors do. Reading from a paper without any kind of context. It's even worse for AAA games because companies keep them tightly secured so nothing leaks.