• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer, the trailer (while super melodramatic) seemed like it would be right up my alley.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The book was great, and a huge bestseller, fact that marketing hasn't kicked up for this means the studio knows it's dog shit.

O well

Will watch anyways

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Trailer looked sorta interesting with the constantly switching time periods. Shame

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing the trailer for this in the theater and thinking the entire time that it was trying really hard to be Academy Award Winning Film.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing the trailer for this in the theater and thinking the entire time that it was trying really hard to be Academy Award Winning Film.

I can see that lol. I remember the trailer trying really hard with the music playing really loud over all the running scenes haha

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Oh. Dang.

I never read the book (it's still sitting in the middle of my precariously high to-read stack next to my bed) but the trailers seemed right up my alley.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
attempted oscar bait. WB better focus on Joker!
Warner Bros is still looking pretty good as far as their Oscars bench is concerned. Joker will probably get a best actor nom, Just Mercy seems right up the academys alley and Motherless Brooklyn will probably get something.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like Ansel Elgort at all, but isn't possible people went to see it with their expectations too high? The Goldfinch is the Donna Tartt book, both a bestseller and critically acclaimed. Not to mention this stellar cast. On the other hand, it is indeed Oscar bait, so that could be a factor.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I read the synopsis for the book and it sounds like the most indulgent high on it's own farts bullshit I seen in a long time

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I read the synopsis for the book and it sounds like the most indulgent high on it's own farts bullshit I seen in a long time

It's honestly a very approachable read. Don't be fooled by the fact that the plot features a famous painting - it's really IMO a book about recovering from losing someone.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amused. I've sat through the trailer for this in the theater several times and it looks like insufferable, self-aggrandizing wanna-be Oscar bait. And the kid's face is just as annoying as Ansel Elgort's, so good job on the casting at least.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
This is disappointing but I wondered how they could possibly do the book justice as a 2 hour movie.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
First big awards flop of 2019 is here. We eatin' tonight boys.

A shame in seriousness, though the trailer just screamed awards bait and that 150 minute runtime definitely raised my eyebrows.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Her career has been treading water since Bewitched.
Uh, that's untrue. This seems to be a miss, however. Shame - the book was a good read.
I recommend you check out Lion or Big Little Lies. Even Destroyer has an amazing performance.
She's currently the fourth highest paid actress in Hollywood.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I saw about this in trailers or promos or ads just made it look like the movie had no direction and was disjointed.