• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43097113

4.2 on the Scale, Anyone else just feel near south wales feel that? Not my first, first was about 10yrs ago in england, must have been a head trip to people who have never experienced one, lol, still minimal compared to most countries obviously, but we aren't used to these

Last edited:

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
4.2 according to news I'm seeing. Top quality tweets already popping up. This is my favourite so far.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, my building was shaking and I thought it might have been some giant truck passing by my street, turned out to be an earthquake.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
No but I remember the one perhaps the same about 10 years ago. It was weird and wasn't sure what was really happening (it was the middle of the night as well).

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If so that was pretty unimpressive. Last time I at least felt it barely but I was laying in bed at the time.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I once experienced a 7.1 quake in California. The epicentre was in Barstow and I was way down in La Jolla, but the building shook in a frightening way. A 4.7 quake has less than 1/250th of the energy (10^(4.7-7.1)), so if it was in Wales I don't think I'd notice it here in Sunderland.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Didn't feel anything, though someone on reddit in west London did. People made 'yo mamma' jokes in response, poor bastard.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, woke me up, apartment building was shaking. Interesting for me, but obviously not for people in more active countries.
Mostly South Wales, South West and parts of lower Midlands would have felt it (but some people still don't).

mu cephei

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow that's what that was. Definitely felt it, the house shook. Apparently the epicentre was Swansea, I'm about 35 miles away.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
What time did it occur? I checked that BBC article but it didn't say. I did wake at 5am for no reason today...*strokes chin in thought*

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
South Wales here. Didn't feel it. Might have been because I was asleep. I dunno. I slept late.

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
mLrzuh6.jpg

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing on the South-East coast. I'm kinda disappointed now--last time we had an earthquake here, I slept through it.

TheLinguist

Oct 27, 2017
My bed shook but that was it. It was so minor that I didn't even realise it was an earthquake until a friend in Wales asked me if I felt it. My family didn't feel it. I'm on the south west coast btw.

RabbidPeach

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
England
Didn't feel it. I was walking outside.

Now we'll have to endure countless Facebook posts of bins laying on the ground with shitty captions like "Earthquake cripples UK"

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I can report that Hadrian's Wall is still standing, as is the Byker Wall, and yes, yes I believe that even the garden fence the wind keeps blowing over is still standing too.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, felt it here in Weston-super-mare. Was sitting on a wheeled chair in the shop, the floor shook and I slid backwards.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My bed shook but that was it. It was so minor that I didn't even realise it was an earthquake until a friend in Wales asked me if I felt it. My family didn't feel it. I'm on the south west coast btw.

Exact same thing in Liverpool, bed shook a little but not enough for me to think anything of it until I saw the news about it.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I remember the one about 10 years ago.

One of the books on my shelf wobbled about a bit. It was weird.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Yup I was in the Heath at the time on the fourth floor and the entire room shook. Thought it was an explosion or something.