• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

This is the banner of the page you are linking to. People dont alway play what they buy (or dont connect online, or they connect but where not caught in the query).

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean that's obviously wrong, there is doubt that Xbox sales are even over a million let alone being the majority.

Oct 27, 2017
Where are you getting that 2,3 million number ?_?

The player count on gamstat is 3,9M and making thread from this site only does not look like a very good idea to me :D

Also, one thing is sure, Kingdom Hearts 3 sold at least 1 million units in Asia alone and on PS4 only, thanks the PlayStation Awards for this piece of official info.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Uh if you're trying to insinuate that the XB1 version sold 2.7 million in the first week, or even close to that, you're absolutely wrong

There's a reason nobody ever tries to make this comparison

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you getting that 2,3 million number ? T_T

The player count on gamstat is 3,9M and making thread from this site does not look a very good idea to me :D

Also, one thing is sure, Kingdom Hearts 3 sold at least 1 million units alone in Asia on PS4 only, thanks the PlayStation Awards for this piece of official info.
He took into account the first month or so. Edit: until the 6th of February, so around 2 weeks.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Close the thread?

I'm getting a 'Null pointer exception' in my brain if OP is insinuating that the Xbox version of kh3 sold 2mil copies.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It also shipped 5M, not sold. Making the comparison kinda nonsense in this case, even only talking about early playercounts.

edit: got beaten

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
And the methodology of that site:
" Gamstat.com estimates are based on a representative sample of ~7 mln accounts retrieved via PSN API. The obtained data is extrapolated to all PSN accounts with a small margin of error. "
Very accurate LOL
No mention of geographical distribution either, so if it is mostly western accounts then a huge chunk of KH3's PS4 sales will be missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.