• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So the game's coming out in about two weeks. Y'all excited? I'm excited. That being said, can we take a moment to discuss this Watch Dogs-esque downgrade we see before our very eyes? Wtf fam.

Older footage:
3024858-1.gif

TidySomberGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

PertinentHardtofindHart.gif

bYVPzhQ.gif

Examples of what happens in wrecking zone now:
Compare the above with the piles of rubble from before. One big difference is that debris doesn't pile up as often or nearly in the same volume. It disappears through the electric barrier floor. You don't get anywhere near the kind of build up from the demos.

As for a general aesthetic standpoint:
7pXnLQs.gif

NiceDentalFinch.gif

3DVoABm.gif

Last gif provided by the excellent @Slicer Dyster keep up the fine work lad.

You have flat, dull texture work along with poor lighting and shadows. Inexplicably only some assets in the game cast a shadow while many do not, most notably vehicles and player characters. That first gif looks goofy as hell with a floating boombox shadow breh. The absolute state of this game.

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
for some reason i have less problem with the destruction downgrade (although yea its pretty bad),
but where are the SHADOWS?! why is he floating!?

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there is someone willing to post an example of how wrong you are here, but that's not gonna be me because I'm lazy.

1-4-1.jpg

PertinentEvenAngwantibo.gif

ThornyHopefulIbis-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda looks like a last gen game. But after all these years and developer changes, people should be happy that at least it's getting released. The wait is finally over.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks ugly as hell which is a shame. Can't remember if it's on game pass but if it is that's probably the only way I'll be playing it.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I for one applaud these devs doing this ish. Stumble along the way....but keep pushing it.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The development has been so troubled we just want it released at this point

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point I just want a fun Crackdown game and I'm not sure what that looks like in 2019.

I hope with the extra time the dev team figured out what that was. All the recent impressions sound good, I'm definitely looking forward. Two weeks even! Its about time.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh after this long development hell it was clear it wasn't gonna look the way it did 5-6 years ago.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Theres footage with shadows and footage without shadows. Legit dont know whats going on with that.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Some capture sessions just had shadows turned off on the machines. Others were completely fine.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Is that last gif in the OP for real? It looks like Unreal Engine when the textures havent loaded yet.

Edit: second to last gif actually. The one with the SUV looking thing.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dogs esque feels disingenuine.

That was clearly early build stuff, and with the reboots/hand offs in development, yeah it feels pretty reasonable. It doesn't look great, but I don't think anyone was mislead here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Graphics are BIG GARBAGE fam, but I still think the game could be fun
I don't own an Xbox and won't until the streaming box comes out so I'll be taking a pass however

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Driveby, Trolling
Power of the cloud!!!!

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been in development Hell with multiple studios working on it. Plus factoring in the ambition with the cloud, I'm willing to give it a pass. Looks like a stylish game to me.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
How about we wait until the games out before we trash a game for a downgrade that doesn't exist?

Oct 29, 2017
The game has been rebooted and retooled so many times that I don't know it's realistic to hold the current build to a standard set by an E3 demo from five years ago.

Jun 1, 2018
damn i didnt know the game looked that good in the reveal "in engine" trailer... what a shame...another downgrade after anthem.. also this seriously looks like a xbox 360 game in a lot of gameplay that just came out

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Yeah I noticed it too, game pass doesn't excuse how outdated it looks, microsoft has a shitload of money so I don't get why it looks like this.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not enough precipitation when that gameplay took place.

Let's not jump the gun.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Don't compare final products with tech demos that were showcased under the premise of "this is a tech demo of what we want to achieve".

Oct 25, 2017
The shadows are only missing in the PC build of the previews, afaik, so it must have been something wrong with the settings.

The cloud tech demo was said to be not representative of the final product, only that everything would 100% destructible, so yeah, i don't feel this is anything near the watch dogs demo since they didn't said it would look like that in launch, just that it would have the same funcionality.

with that being said, crackdown seems to be the cool game to hate now, so i don't think anything said will change the direction this thread is going towards to

btw the single player aspect is actually looking a lot better, you did damn well in handpicking shitty parts to show

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
for some reason i have less problem with the destruction downgrade (although yea its pretty bad),
but where are the SHADOWS?! why is he floating!?
There are shadows, for some bizarre reason they are disabled in the PC footage but enabled in the XBO footage.
maybe its disabled on the X1 version (or maybe only disabled on the X1S and enabled on X) while its enabled on PC?
anyway it just looks soo weird.
It's the opposite, seems to be a bug in the PC preview build.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Graphics aren't the most important thing in a game. But I don't understand people saying CD3 looks amazing. I looks like a last-gen game in high res.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I feel like the game was rebooted in early 2016 or something to go from what it looked like in the 2015 demo to the 2017 E3 trailer. It visually went jarringly backwards.

For the destruction, the problem I have with the new footage is that all the destruction feels like styrofoam crumbling down in large chunks vs metal and electronics from before with the top GIF. Has no real unbalanced weight to it like actual materials. Also the fact that the destruction doesn't even hurt players is just.. why?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sumo need to take a breather. This, Team Sonic Racing and Dead Island 2 is a bit too much aye?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I feel like the game was rebooted in early 2016 or something to go from what it looked like in the 2015 demo to the 2017 E3 trailer. It visually went jarringly backwards.

For the destruction, the problem I have with the new footage is that all the destruction feels like styrofoam crumbling down in large chunks vs metal and electronics from before with the top GIF. Has no real unbalanced weight to it like actual materials. Also the fact that the destruction doesn't even hurt players is just.. why?
wait, what?!
whats the god damn point of this whole thing then?!

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
it legitimately looks like an early ps360 game at higher resolution, they should have taken the L with the cloud crap and focus on making the game as pretty as possible.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The differences are not surprising considering how long this game has been in development. Games change throughout development. Especially years of development that CD3 has gone through.

That said, all of that trouble in development is telling considering this final result. It isn't exactly a looker.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I did not realise it looked that bad,the images above make it look last gen but I guess all the grunt went in to the destruction.
Will give it a try on X1X via GP but I doubt its my type of game.