• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Man, fuck this "both sides" bullshit. No Jaffe, we don't need to give degenerate alt-right neo-Nazi bullshit a platform to speak "loud and proud".

Edit:
Our dude is full on making NPC memes now

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao, if stripping people like Milos of a platform is ruining America, please ruin America more.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Just a side note some of the specifics of his current ongoing bankruptcy are HILARIOUS.

His activist group paid Ian Miles Cheong $4400 to tweet like an idiot, something he does for free every day.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, our country is suffering because we don't want to hear a transphobe talk. That's the real issue...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
and now I don't feel very bad about his downfall after God of War.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I don't agree but I think it's a fair perspective.

I was speaking to my gay friend at a Pride parade before and he was telling me we should be tolerant of the neo Nazi's that try to ruin the parade with their gay hate speech. I really disagree with that, those thoughts (and similar) aren't isolated and harmless. With a significant platform they warp minds.

I agree but is this supposed to be in the video games section? Or is my website glitching

Jaffe made God of War, so his thoughts relate to video games.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
So, who exactly is "we" in this situation?

Literally everyone? Because no, Milo doesn't deserve a platform at any event he feels like attending or any website he feels like posting on. That's ridiculous. No one gets that privilege.

Is "we" a more specific group of people? If so, who exactly? Who is it that isn't giving him a platform that should be, and why? Why do they not get a say in who they give a platform?

You see how this whole train of thought just doesn't make sense?

Honestly seems more like this guy is just mad that people are not taking that kind of rhetoric.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would gladly have the voices of nazis, bigots etc be silenced. There is not valid debate to be had with them. Would Jaffe be okay with flat earhers being given a voice in schools?

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
He was allowed to speak loud and proud. People just used their own rights to free speech to tell him to STFU. This is how it works.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Wait, Milo Yanaswhatever is still relevant?

I thought people started ignoring him.
Most of the alt-right abandoned him after he was deplatformed and stopped being useful to their cause as a result. He's trying to cling to some amount of fame for himself, so he hasn't gone anywhere even though his voice doesn't carry at all anymore.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
There is nothing to be gained from listening to provocateurs like Milo, nothing. Deplatform hate speech and watch it fade away into obscurity.

BazookaXp

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I agree with Jaffe. I'll take free speach over censorship any day of the week. Just remember you could be next.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Gee Dave, y'know I was interested to hear what he had to say but he was deplatformed by conservatives. So much for the tolerant right.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Is Jaffe deliberately fishing for controversy at this point? First the AAA games bullshit, now this...

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
ain't this the same wasteman who was advocating for pedophilia? nah, i think we're good without him bruh

david jif can join milo in the bin too if he wants with the rest of his games

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
David Jaffe - "We can and should allow hate speech"

Move aside Jordan Peterson, Jaffe is the intellectual we deserve.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Long ago, Jaffe used to be in the "guy I disagree with but still respect" category but these days he's now firmly in the "oh shut up old man, what the hell do you know" camp.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Everyone is free to speak about anything, but if you keep saying bullshits for all of your life than you have to face the consequences.

Though in the US you may end up becoming president.