• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019

We're now 3 days away from the original launch date before it was delayed to the next fiscal year and Ubi still didn't show anything of the game or even talked about it on social media. We don't know the genre of the game, how it plays, if is 1st or 3rd person, open world or linear, if it's focused on combat, exploration, platforming, etc. For all we know it could be a Battle Royale game...

It had me pretty hyped and now I don't even know if it'll be released this gen or at all. Pretty weird way to create interest in a new IP... And then when it underperforms they'll blame it on it not being their usual template of AAA games.

Oct 26, 2017
We still don't know nothing about several titles announced at E3 and it's pretty normal, game is not coming out for at least 6 months or even more.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
It's 3rd person, it's open world, has combat, exploration, platforming etc. A few people saw it at E3 and made some articles about it. I also have a video up that goes over all that info for if you are curious.

But yeah we had no new info since then, only that it will launch between October 2020 & March 2021. So still enough time to market the game.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm sure we will see it at their show this E3.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
We still don't know nothing about several titles announced at E3 and it's pretty normal, game is not coming out for at least 6 months or even more.
I wouldn't say it's pretty normal when the game was supposed to release in Q1 and the delay was only announced a few months ago.

edit: I obviously meant months, not days...

Last edited:

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I pray this is not assassin's creed odyssey with fantasy art

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I beleive Ubi said we'll hear more about their upcoming titles in the spring (April or May) just a few weeks ago. There was a thread about it.

Also, E3.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this keep coming up and why do people not realize the game was delayed 4 months back? Why would they openly talk about a delayed game?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Ubisoft delayed all their Q1 games in OCTOBER 2019, that's 4 MONTHS ago.
?
It was delayed back in October iirc
I meant months, not days, sorry for mistyping.
That doesn't change much: the game was announced at E3 for a quick release and nothing was shown at all, nor new details around the delay (like other companies usually do).

edit:
Why does this keep coming up and why do people not realize the game was delayed 4 months back? Why would they openly talk about a delayed game?
That hasn't been an issue for companies like Square-Enix, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, EA, etc for plenty of games in the past and present.

Oct 25, 2017
While it's true, it's also hard to care. As you said, we don't even know the game's genre. I don't get why you're hyped at all.

If it never comes back, I can't say I'll miss it.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
it looks more like an indie game rather than a high budget triple a game (consindering the price point). Its strange that there is nothing more than a few screenshots and this meaningless teaser trailer.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
it looks more like an indie game rather than a high budget triple a game (consindering the price point). Its strange that there is nothing more than a few screenshots and this meaningless teaser trailer.
Is there a price point on this already? And isn't it being made by one of the AC teams? Not sure I'd think of it like child of light or valiant hearts.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Is there a price point on this already? And isn't it being made by one of the AC teams? Not sure I'd think of it like child of light or valiant hearts.
Well it was listed for 69,99€ to preorder on the psn store. So its safe to assume that the price wont change at this point.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I fell like that kind of turn around is pretty rare outside of smaller games or some random Nintendo ones.
More and more pubs (Bethesda, WB) have been shifting to the "announce just as it's almost ready to ship" model recently.

I mean, Ubi itself announced Breakpoint in May and released in October.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah we've been on a blackout for a while but I have very high hopes. I'd rather them keep us in the dark for the time being until it's in a great place.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I heard it's supposed to be a Zelda-like, third person adventure game, akin to BoTW. Not sure its true, though.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Because they promised a game by February 25 and didn't deliver, it would be a given to give something for people to still care. By the way they're doing it it looks like the game is not even a thing anymore.
I don't understand where this is coming from when he haven't seen anything of the game.

Maybe it's going through a bigger revamp and it's not even coming out in the next 12 or 18 months. In that case there's no point starting the marketing machine yet.

If it's still on track, they can do an actual reveal of the game at E3, release it in Q4 2020 or Q1 2021 and still be fine.

I really don't see the issue.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because they promised a game by February 25 and didn't deliver, it would be a given to give something for people to still care. By the way they're doing it it looks like the game is not even a thing anymore.

Yeah...but the game was delayed, probably out of this year in all honesty. I dont expect to
Hear more til e3 at the earliest

Oct 29, 2017
Jor, cool to see you in this thread, love your videos!

Definitely intrigued by this game, an Odyssey-style open-world action RPG with a more fantastical tone and stylized visuals sounds great (if that's indeed what this is!).

It is a little concerning to me that the original release date target has come and gone without so much as a screenshot. But it is what it is.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ubisoft delayed all their AAA games a while back, probably to prep them for next gen and using the extra time to make sure theyre quality games.
I pray this is not assassin's creed odyssey with fantasy art
It looks inspired by BotW, so I hope they also take BotWs structure and try to do their own take with it.