• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cartoon-weather-images-16836392.jpg

weather-symbol-cartoon-illustration-45749670.jpg

source: google image search "cartoon weather"

Weather: It's not just small talk!

What is weather? Why is it the way that it is? Is weather a fad or is it here to stay? Here at WeatherERA we try to figure out what kind of weather we like and why. We are a welcoming debate community that aims to uncover the mysteries of weather and weather related topics. From hurricanes to sun, we talk about it all!

If you would like to post in this thread, post in this thread with your name and a short description of your favorite weather related event.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Hurricanes can actually fuck shit up tropical storm is the right answer sorry tall

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow we have a real photography master in here! Those pictures are wonderful, just like weather.

TheLegendary

Oct 25, 2017
Alright debate time

Seasons

Yes or no
Seasons have a large role in weather and more importantly to me pop culture.

One of my favorite lyrics ever dropped is from the great James Taylor and was heavily influenced by the seasons:

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there.
Yeah yeah yeah.
You've got a friend.

So yes to seasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me, the correct verbage is thunder storm.

I think we should maybe make a test in order to admit an exclusive type of people into our thread, this is getting out of control.

A thunderstorm, also known as an electrical storm, lightning storm, or thundershower, is a storm characterized by the presence of lightning and its acoustic effect on the Earth's atmosphere, known as thunder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstorm

Lake Maracaibo is for you

Lafayette has the best lightning storms

tjac

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I hesitate to even bring this up, but I feel as though the issue of weather men need to be addressed. It is often joked about in various media sources (film, cartoons, comics) that they often get the report wrong and as a result are the butt of many jokes and humorous stories. However, do you not feel as though this demonetization of the "weather man" further proposes the idea of fake news and a dishonest media? Further more, do you not feel as they they are really just a modern philosopher, sure they may guess, but do those guess not come from somewhere else? Somewhere higher?

cajunator

Oct 25, 2017
Cajunville
Guys, I hesitate to even bring this up, but I feel as though the issue of weather men need to be addressed. It is often joked about in various media sources (film, cartoons, comics) that they often get the report wrong and as a result are the butt of many jokes and humorous stories. However, do you not feel as though this demonetization of the "weather man" further proposes the idea of fake news and a dishonest media? Further more, do you not feel as they they are really just a modern philosopher, sure they may guess, but do those guess not come from somewhere else? Somewhere higher?

Weather -ahem- PEOPLE are gifted with foresight by our almighty God thank you very much!

rando

Oct 25, 2017
What if somebody harnessed the weather as a weapon?

My friend lopez once said, "War is weather"

Oct 25, 2017
While I may agree with certain aspects of your analysis, it begs the question; is such a world that you are describing even sustainable? In a metaphysical sense, it can be argued that there is no real truth to the matter based on an Absurdian-Ingold interpretation of our universe. We then ask if Platonian ethics can suffice as an explanation of the abyss that is our knowledge to ultimately try to discover a conclusion based on the premises served. Your take is extremely Hegelian to the point of you even moving beyond his threshold of extrema into a plane of non-reality represented as a 2D sphere.

tjac

Oct 25, 2017
While I may agree with certain aspects of your analysis, it begs the question; is such a world that you are describing even sustainable? In a metaphysical sense, it can be argued that there is no real truth to the matter based on an Absurdian-Ingold interpretation of our universe. We then ask if Platonian ethics can suffice as an explanation of the abyss that is our knowledge to ultimately try to discover a conclusion based on the premises served. Your take is extremely Hegelian to the point of you even moving beyond his threshold of extrema into a plane of non-reality represented as a 2D sphere.

These are all fair points and I have had similar thoughts before. With that said, let me show you something:

fiNpWNa.png

This is the weather forecast for this week in Columbus, Ohio. Why am I showing it to you? Well, everything I have learned can be seen in this image. I hope you can see what I see in these so called simple predictions. the answers are within here, like they have always been.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
More like Jeff Seasons

NO! I like one weather, and that is comfortable weather. Why live in a place where it gets 0 degrees cold? You can't play ball outside, you have to eat warm soup.
But if you have no seasons, you don't appreciate the good ones as much. True happiness only come through suffering