• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Top box office hit in Japan, Japan's official entry to the Oscars, you name it. It just got a new trailer and, with it, the awaited release date on the US Market. Send me a raincloud if old.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Can't wait first time I am going to see a Shinkai movie in the theater. Ohh wow same day as Bad Boys for Life might do a double feature.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Shinkai is an incredible artist. So great to see original anime movies flourishing again :)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they would go into detail about how wide of a release it's getting on the 17th. I can't catch either fan preview showings on the 15th and 16th.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
was able to watch this last year in the cinemas , incredible experience, best way to watch anime like this

i wonder if they will include english versions of the ost for the US release

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Will probably not come to any theater near me so i'll have to wait for a bluray release which is annoying

Hopefully it will be better than your name, it was just okay for me, disappointing compared to the rest of shinkai's work!

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
I saw this a couple of months back. It was quite bad. The writing is pretty awful, and it felt extremely over indulgent in general in a bad way. I liked Your Name so I had good expectations for this one, but it was a big let down. I rarely feel like I wasted time watching a movie, but when this one ended I felt like I wanted my two hours back, and my money too (the show was twice as expensive as the standard ones). It's pretty to look at though.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I might go see this by myself. I don't usually do that, but as much as I always tried to make my wife enjoy anime with me, via regular Ghibli nights here and there or what have you, the only one she ever enjoyed was Your Name, which we saw at the theater. Since she passed I tend to have stopped watching shows we watched together and stuff, but I feel it would be awesome to be in a dark theater and able to cry my eyes out lol.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Is this like Your Name--where the movie is even more depressing to watch by yourself?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I might go see this by myself. I don't usually do that, but as much as I always tried to make my wife enjoy anime with me, via regular Ghibli nights here and there or what have you, the only one she ever enjoyed was Your Name, which we saw at the theater. Since she passed I tend to have stopped watching shows we watched together and stuff, but I feel it would be awesome to be in a dark theater and able to cry my eyes out lol.
Jeez, I am so sorry to hear that. My deepest heartfelt condolences to you.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm not digging the distribution of this. I can't make the fan preview screening and its weird how no theaters in Philadelphia are playing the film after that. I'm gonna have to go to Jersey huh...

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Got a ticket for next Wednesday subbed can't wait. This will be my first Shinkai movie I get to see in the theater.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Saw Ford v Ferrari last night and was surprised and delighted to see a trailer for this. Not even a pre-showtime Fathom teaser in the commercials block, an actual-ass trailer.

...I looked at my feet during it since I don't want to have any of it spoiled just a week out, but it's cool that it was played lol

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Ford v Ferrari last night and was surprised and delighted to see a trailer for this. Not even a pre-showtime Fathom teaser in the commercials block, an actual-ass trailer.

...I looked at my feet during it since I don't want to have any of it spoiled just a week out, but it's cool that it was played lol
Someone told me the trailer spoils the whole movie almost so yeah good call.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone going to make an OT for this? Probably deserves one for the NA release I feel. I have a huge exam coming later this week so I could throw together a patchwork one if no one else is going to do it? Won't be too pretty but...

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Saw this at a film festival last year. Had some really nice visuals and I like some of the ideas but I can't say I was really a huge fan.