• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna get hyped until we see what this is. It COULD be something super hype, but it could also be something really minor.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna make me buy BBTAG aren't they, the bastards

IAFEVRx.png

This is the guy that does Arcsys' PC ports
oh FUCK

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speculation: what if this is a 2D side-scroller in the vain of Hard Corps Uprising?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Based on those teases, it's totally a KILL la KILL fighter. That's 100% the font/style used in the show. It makes perfect sense too as there's a large roster of fighters in the series, several of which have multiple uniforms to use as alternates. Also, the fights would be just as over-the-top as what's in Dragon Ball FighterZ. I can't wait to find out and hope I'm right.

AZ1X57n.gif

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
How NSFW would they make this possible game? They might might hold back for rating and not to scare people unknown with the anime.

For what it's worth, the near entirety of KLK was broadcast on US TV during Adult Swim's Toonami block, including the final episode which was completely unaltered.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute.

Luluco is basically already a Trigger crossover anime. They travel to a Kill la Kill planet, go to the Little Witch Academia world, visit the Sex & Violence with Machspeed place, & Inferno Cop even talks to Luluco near the end. What if this is just a game where they expand upon that idea?

How NSFW would they make this possible game? They might might hold back for rating and not to scare people unknown with the anime.
Aside from the Xblaze visual novels, ASW games have never been M rated, let alone their fighting games. I imagine it'll still be T & the most skin we'll see will be akin to some of the skimpier outfits or special scenes from BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.

For what it's worth, the near entirety of KLK was broadcast on US TV during Adult Swim's Toonami block, including the final episode which was completely unaltered.
& it should be mentioned that while there was a few edits, it surprisingly was able to air mostly unedited, save for like one scene that was cut short.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
In a world where Mu-12 exists in BB, Ryuko and Satsuki aren't going to be a problem

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Darling in the Franxx is Trigger? I hear everyone talking about it but I had no idea, hows that show?

ChasingANiche

Oct 26, 2017
Kiznaiver has the best character designs of any trigger show. don't @ me.

You can @ me. Honestly, I'm not super passionate about it but the Kiznaiver designs have always been very appealing to me

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kiznaiver has the best character designs of any trigger show. don't @ me.

You can @ me. Honestly, I'm not super passionate about it but the Kiznaiver designs have always been very appealing to me
It's good but LWA has better imo. But I will admit that it's the best looking Trigger anime by the simple virtue of not being blurry or washed out all the damn time.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect too much out of this. Typically, Japanese teaser websites with a countdown timer will end in tears.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Calling it.

It's going to be a Darling and Franxx mobile game with emphasis on gacha and dating sim. They'll have monthly cross promotion gachas from different Trigger shows like Kill la Kill and fighting games like blazblue and battle Fantasia.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Calling it.

It's going to be a Darling and Franxx mobile game with emphasis on gacha and dating sim. They'll have monthly cross promotion gachas from different Trigger shows like Kill la Kill and fighting games like blazblue and battle Fantasia.
I'd play it.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Hoping it's not a fighting game, but that's Arcsys' specialty so it probably is.

Just kinda tired of anime to game adaptations mostly ending up as fighting games.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So dumb question but someone on Reddit brought this up.

Do we know this is a game and not Trigger making an anime based on something from Arc?

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
A KLK action game would be a dream come true. Real world expecting some Trigger characters to be in a DLC pack for BBxTAB

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Will it be a 2d fighter like Blazblue & UNIEL or a 2.5d fighter like DBZ & Xrd though?

At least give Trigger full control over the FMV videos and 3D FMV sequences during intros and special moves.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann Gacha Game

The gacha pull animation could be a drill piercing the heavens! Silver Drill = 3*, Gold Drill = 4*, and Rainbow Drill = 5*.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why but a game where akko fights against ryuko really excites me

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
All the gainax stuff is also immensely better then the trigger output.

Well I mean, how can ANY modern studio hope to compare with Gunbuster, Diebuster, FLCL, Nadia, Evangelion, EoE, PSG...

Gainax are kings of the craft. Though I do still enjoy Trigger's works as well.
==========

Anyway I also hope it's not a fighting game but I super super doubt it will be anything but. ... Assuming this is even a game and not some ASW anime lol.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Well I mean, how can ANY modern studio hope to compare with Gunbuster, Diebuster, FLCL, Nadia, Evangelion, EoE, PSG...

Gainax are kings of the craft. Though I do still enjoy Trigger's works as well.
==========

Anyway I also hope it's not a fighting game but I super super doubt it will be anything but. ... Assuming this is even a game and not some ASW anime lol.
I just wanted to make it clear since TTGL is objectively the best anime ever made.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I just wanted to make it clear since TTGL is objectively the best anime ever made.

Lord have mercy this is gonna stir some people lol. Personally I'll just say I like the movie-adaptations better than sitting through all 26 episodes.

End of Eva is my personal favorite anime (thing) in existence. It's a masterpiece from beginning to end, with an intricacy not seen in the likes of most modern media since.

Alas, anime opinions tend to start really weird wars so peace!

tumblr_m97yt8qU4y1qesi5b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.