• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Cannabis is awesome I agree. I use it for medicinal reasons otherwise I'd be taking like 30 pills a day. Now I just smoke every hour or two to get by. Plants over pills.

seki

Oct 30, 2017
Cannabis is awesome I agree. I use it for medicinal reasons otherwise I'd be taking like 30 pills a day. Now I just smoke every hour or two to get by. Plants over pills.

For consumption that frequent, I'd recommend using a dry herb vaporizer. Compared to smoking, there is definitely an element of harm reduction and it's been my experience that I get much more medicated using significantly less material. There's a learning curve to almost every device out there, and they can cost quite a bit, but a good unit will eventually pay for itself, and you have even more benefits like smelling much less and being able to re-use your spent weed to make edibles or tinctures. Spent weed can also be eaten directly to achieve some effects.

Jan 11, 2019
Has anyone here done heroin? I'm convinced weed is like heroin junior but I've never done it so I dunno.

whenever I get really high I'm just in this crazy pleasure cocoon and it makes me think it must be similar to heroin...

DON'T!

The devious thing about heroin is that it's, theoretically a pretty clean drug - or so some people will tell you. If you take TINY hits it will be less harmful than many other drugs. However, you'll NEVER be taking these tiny hits, you'll be overdosing fairly soon and once you've done that, you done goofd.

There's people in my city who, a few decades after a significant heroin crisis, still get daily rations from controlled dispensers in order to even function. These people haven't had a "real hit" in decades mind you, and still their body craves the stuff. Just abandon this idea, never consider it. NEVER.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not for me personally. The idea of smoking something to alter or improve my mood would make me feel kinda loserish and like I'm just taking an easy way to a stupid happiness. I'd rather just feel good through the standard ways of games, watching sports, music and stuff like that.

Everyone else can feel free to do it but I won't be involved.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Before I smoked a ton of weed, I was an alcoholic. I have addictive tendencies. I will say this, though -- alcohol made me feel outright bad when I drank it, like even when I needed to drink a lot every day, I'd still get awful stomach aches and such. I think I might have some sort of alcohol allergy or something. It never did that with weed to me, but it negatively affected my life in other ways beyond physical discomfort.

If you can't control yourself, like I can't, it's best to just stay away from both. More the power to anyone who can use moderation.

My problem exactly! I've been alcohol-less for just over a year but seem to have replaced drinking with smoking. I keep trying to convince myself that I can do it in moderation but I should just stop for a while.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I don't care if people smoke weed or drink just don't fucking be an asshole and drive doing it.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never tried it. Every since I heard you could get a psychosis from it I've been too scared to seek it out. I already feel borderline crazy sometimes lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Being a dummy makes you dumb. Half the people I know in high-level engineering, programming, and thinktank positions all smoke. Probably more i don't realize partake.

Also, cannabis saved my life, my grandfather's life, my buddy's sister who had lymphoma, and some of the companies around here make the best topical creams for pain relief.

Happy 420, folks. Smoke responsibly.

Never tried it. Every since I heard you could get a psychosis from it I've been too scared to seek it out. I already feel borderline crazy sometimes lol.
If you're already prone to it, then its probably best to only ever use a light amount. I've smoked / eaten / etc. large amounts before, during my college years, and was fine - but thats me, and it was to deal with anxiety. These days I smoke maybe once a week, and use full extract oil here and there as a supplement of THC and CBD while I sleep (and don't get stoned from it). I don't suffer from chronic migraines, severe depression, or anxiety attacks like I used to after taking the oil (called phoenix tears, hope oil, full cannabis extract, etc) in the tiniest of amounts each night.

However, just like anything, gotta be responsible. You can die from drinking too much water and not going to the restroom, for instance.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
4d2c998e0c637df200abe6d917d7b6a0693a359a705ee4bbb59ae77aa081e055_1.jpg

Might as well make this the official weed thread.

Anyone here just can't take bong rips?
The first time I did I really got high to the point that I felt everything moving in slower fps
My low tolerance is still low so I've been scared ever since to take one lol cuz I would need to have everything done for the day.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Has anyone here done heroin? I'm convinced weed is like heroin junior but I've never done it so I dunno.

whenever I get really high I'm just in this crazy pleasure cocoon and it makes me think it must be similar to heroin...

There's no comparison whatsoever and this is a dangerous line of thinking that has ruined lives.

If you take heroin you may well get that pleasure cocoon feeling, but it can kill you and is infinitely more addictive than cannabis, so as mentioned above, you'll use more and more and not be able to resist.

Stick to weed - in terms of feeling x risk, there isn't a better recreational drug.

EDIT: just saw your comment about the book. Glad you aren't considering it but no, it's really not comparable

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I travelled across the water to Amsterdam twice in my younger years and had a very relaxed time of it so I agree. I haven't partaken of any in a long time though. Might take it back up sometime. They must have made advances in the time I've been a nonsmoker.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

The first time I did I really got high to the point that I felt everything moving in slower fps
My low tolerance is still low so I've been scared ever since to take one lol cuz I would need to have everything done for the day.

I think the highest I've ever been on weed was definitely a random gravity bong rip or two. I can solo a couple big joints and it won't get me as crazy blazed as that did.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
Not for me personally. The idea of smoking something to alter or improve my mood would make me feel kinda loserish and like I'm just taking an easy way to a stupid happiness. I'd rather just feel good through the standard ways of games, watching sports, music and stuff like that.

at least you're not obnoxious about it

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I quit smoking weed yall ;___;

God damn of all years to quit lmao

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Weed is love, weed is life. <3
This year's special 4/20 challenge is to smoke your entire body weight in exotic flower within the month of April.
Bless.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
There's no comparison whatsoever and this is a dangerous line of thinking that has ruined lives.

If you take heroin you may well get that pleasure cocoon feeling, but it can kill you and is infinitely more addictive than cannabis, so as mentioned above, you'll use more and more and not be able to resist.

Stick to weed - in terms of feeling x risk, there isn't a better recreational drug.

EDIT: just saw your comment about the book. Glad you aren't considering it but no, it's really not comparable

I've had morphine for a medical procedure and I came out of it absolutely understanding why so many get addicted to opiates and chase that high. It's the most instantly euphoric I've felt from an external substance. I also came out of it very scared by that realization. I was never inclined to seek out hard drugs before, but that really sealed the deal for me. Funnily enough, I took prescribed OxyContin and oxycodone after that procedure as well, but those were pretty meh feeling-wise and really constipated me.

More on topic, my wife got a medical card and I've experimented a lot more with various cannabis strains. I still haven't really found the one. I am not medically diagnosed with anxiety, but I almost always feel anxiety when I use cannabis. Indica-leaning strains are much better, but I still feel it. I almost always feel like my chest is burning (and I use vaporizers), which triggers me getting anxious/hyper-aware about my body, and it goes from there.

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I've had morphine for a medical procedure and I came out of it absolutely understanding why so many get addicted to opiates and chase that high. It's the most instantly euphoric I've felt from an external substance. I also came out of it very scared by that realization. I was never inclined to seek out hard drugs before, but that really sealed the deal for me. Funnily enough, I took prescribed OxyContin and oxycodone after that procedure as well, but those were pretty meh feeling-wise and really constipated me.

More on topic, my wife got a medical card and I've experimented a lot more with various cannabis strains. I still haven't really found the one. I am not medically diagnosed with anxiety, but I almost always feel anxiety when I use cannabis. Indica-leaning strains are much better, but I still feel it. I almost always feel like my chest is burning (and I use vaporizers), which triggers me getting anxious/hyper-aware about my body, and it goes from there.

It's quite interesting that you've come from it from that angle as I imagine the majority of people experience cannabis before harder stuff.

I know it's really not this simple or this easy at all but you have to realise that the anxiety is the worst thing weed can realistically do to you and that anything you feel is just a very temporary thing that is constantly decreasing when you aren't smoking. Once you realise this it'll be easier to ride it out without panicking and only then will you be able to enjoy it. It does give you somewhat of the good feeling you're talking about but obviously much milder than opiates and is more like a feeling of contentment. I know it's not that simple but I hope it helps somehow. Orange juice and candy helps a lot too lol.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Ain't that the truth. A CBD/THC tincture during the day and vaping at night solved issues that required 5-6 meds for 13 years prior with very little side effects.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Weed makes me syncopize so I don't get to have fun like everyone else 60% of the time. It's a real crap shoot for me.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
My problem with weed is I'm an addict who cant moderate so I end up smoking everyday and lowering my tolerance and then it's hard to kick it.

Then I do and tell myself a month later that I'll come back and moderate.

I never do.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So you don't drink either? Genuinely curious.

Jan 10, 2018
I live in a country where it's illegal and frowned upon. I also work with youth so I'm attending lectures every now and then where I'm shown the effects on my local community and the country as a whole.

The most conflicting part about all the information though is how incredibly polarizing this topic is. It's like listening to religious people debating atheists; you just end up somewhere in the middle thinking everyone is wrong and right at the same time.