Weekend Box Office - 3•20-3•22 - I'm getting too old for this shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBoxyBrown

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Slayven, Frank Miller is writing another Batman story all about his first year as Batman. Aren't you excited? Dark Knight Returns was such a masterpiece. I hope that rumored Batman movie takes inspiration from his version. I swear him and Alan Moore are changing the game.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Looks like this upcoming weekend there is only one wide release, but reviews aren't great so far.

Is the movie worth seeing? Gee, I dunno. Most of the time I wasn't laughing. But when I was laughing, I was genuinely laughing - there are some absolutely inspired moments. This is the kind of movie that serves as a reminder that comedy is agonizingly difficult when it works, and even more trouble when it doesn't.
At least the week after that we have Police Academy 4.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It would be so sweet if the new Batman movie was f**king dark like The Dark Knight Returns.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
People talking about how shockingly huge Crocodile Dundee was, it was the 13th highest grossing film of the 80s.
To put that in perspective, that would be where Finding Dory wound up for the 2010s, or just above Frozen levels of big.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
People talking about how shockingly huge Crocodile Dundee was, it was the 13th highest grossing film of the 80s.
To put that in perspective, that would be where Finding Dory wound up for the 2010s, or just above Frozen levels of big.
Finding Dory is a surprisingly apt comparison. A readily forgettable movie.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

TAJ

Oct 28, 2017
There were only about a dozen wide releases that I missed in theaters in 1987.
Unfortunately, Dream Warriors and Evil Dead II were among them.
Unfortunately, Burglar was NOT among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.