• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm going to go and see Mannequin. Chad next door who owns a fire red Camaro, does Karate, and wears a hair band told me it was awesome.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Slayven, Frank Miller is writing another Batman story all about his first year as Batman. Aren't you excited? Dark Knight Returns was such a masterpiece. I hope that rumored Batman movie takes inspiration from his version. I swear him and Alan Moore are changing the game.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Looks like this upcoming weekend there is only one wide release, but reviews aren't great so far.

Blind Date movie review & film summary (1987) | Roger Ebert

She's a blind date, all right. One glass of Champagne and she's chewing on his lips. Two glasses and she's shouting across crowded restaurants and ripping the pockets off of men's suits. It doesn't take much to get her blind. One drink will do it, and it is the misfortune of the hero of "Blind...

Is the movie worth seeing? Gee, I dunno. Most of the time I wasn't laughing. But when I was laughing, I was genuinely laughing - there are some absolutely inspired moments. This is the kind of movie that serves as a reminder that comedy is agonizingly difficult when it works, and even more trouble when it doesn't.

At least the week after that we have Police Academy 4.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It would be so sweet if the new Batman movie was f**king dark like The Dark Knight Returns.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
People talking about how shockingly huge Crocodile Dundee was, it was the 13th highest grossing film of the 80s.
To put that in perspective, that would be where Finding Dory wound up for the 2010s, or just above Frozen levels of big.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
People talking about how shockingly huge Crocodile Dundee was, it was the 13th highest grossing film of the 80s.
To put that in perspective, that would be where Finding Dory wound up for the 2010s, or just above Frozen levels of big.
BigViciousKingsnake-small.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Slayven, Frank Miller is writing another Batman story all about his first year as Batman. Aren't you excited? Dark Knight Returns was such a masterpiece. I hope that rumored Batman movie takes inspiration from his version. I swear him and Alan Moore are changing the game.
Dark Knight Returns ruined comics

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Finding Dory is a surprisingly apt comparison. A readily forgettable movie.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Just when we had given up on the box office for 2020...

www.hollywoodreporter.com

China to Rerelease ‘Avengers’ Franchise, ‘Avatar’ to Boost Reopening Cinemas (Exclusive)

As China works to reopen its movie theaters and rebuild its local film industry, the country is turning to some superheroes for help. All four of Marvel's 'Avengers' movies are set to be rereleased in the country in the coming days and weeks. Joining the effort will be past mega-blockbusters...

Can Endgame finally get $3b WW?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

China to Rerelease ‘Avengers’ Franchise, ‘Avatar’ to Boost Reopening Cinemas (Exclusive)

As China works to reopen its movie theaters and rebuild its local film industry, the country is turning to some superheroes for help. All four of Marvel's 'Avengers' movies are set to be rereleased in the country in the coming days and weeks. Joining the effort will be past mega-blockbusters...

Man the box office battle stations

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Sound the war horns

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There were only about a dozen wide releases that I missed in theaters in 1987.
Unfortunately, Dream Warriors and Evil Dead II were among them.
Unfortunately, Burglar was NOT among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.