• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I always thought Vegito looked more like a mix of Goku/Gohan than Goku/Vegeta so I never liked him.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Gogeta has the better outfit.
False, Vegetto does.

0d83c7887c71bfc4f77a50528ba39b5a.jpg

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OFF topic but that Geekdom101 guy really gets on my nerves. He posts like 4 dB videos a day on the most random things.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what was stated in Z, this only makes sense if Vegeta and Goku are equal in strength. Because one of them needs to limit their power for the Fusion Dance.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the earrings you can fuse with anyone, you can even accidentally fuse with someone who's way weaker than you like the Old Kai and the ugly witch.

The fusion dance on the other hand has a safeguard against these kinds of accidents and so you can only fuse with someone who's about as strong as you.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
The real question is, why didn't Vegito just kill Super Buu and revive the guys that he absorbed using the Dragon Balls?

Also there was no need for the Potara retcon at all. It was already established through Shin and Kibito that the Namekian Dragon Balls could undo a permanent potara fusion, so I don't see why they didn't just go with that method to unfuse Vegito. We could have even had a filler episode or two with the whole gang meeting Vegito for the first time because no one else in the main cast except Hercule has ever seen Vegito.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
With the earrings you can fuse with anyone, you can even accidentally fuse with someone who's way weaker than you like the Old Kai and the ugly witch.

The fusion dance on the other hand has a safeguard against these kinds of accidents and so you can only fuse with someone who's about as strong as you.

No, I get that. I meant, what's the point of mentioning that you can do the earrings with anyone when presumably, you'd do it with people close to your power level anyway (otherwise it's pointless).

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Every fusion retcon post-Z is completely trash. Like what is the point of two fusions that are just the exact same thing.
Not everyone is privy to the fusion dance.
I'm much more annoyed that they don't use it as often as the kids. :P
False, Vegetto does.

0d83c7887c71bfc4f77a50528ba39b5a.jpg
He should wear that more often.

Vegeta + Goku + Potar = Vegito
Vegeta + Goku = Gogeta
so
Vegito - Potar = Gogeta
Vegito = Gogeta + Potar
so
Vegito > Gogeta

math doesn't lie
But it just did? :3

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what was stated in Z, this only makes sense if Vegeta and Goku are equal in strength. Because one of them needs to limit their power for the Fusion Dance.
That logic was broken when Goten and Trunks fused in base, and were able to turn into SSJ/ SSJ3 Gotenks. They still had to be equal in strength to fuse, but they didn't have to go all out before fusing.

Apr 16, 2018
Him separating inside Buu never made sense, as Gotenks doesn't immediately defuse either until his fusion timer runs out. If his magic countered fusions, he wouldn't be able to absorb them in the first place.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... So? It's still a magical fusion, same as potara.

One defusing and the other not never made sense no matter how you sliced it. It doesn't make sense until Super.
The technique is different
The prerequisites are different
The nature is different (Potara isn't magical)
The resulting character is different
The duration is different

But suuure, it's the same. I guess you also think Nail and Kami defused from Piccolo inside Buu and Goku and Vegeta forgot to rescue them

Apr 16, 2018
The technique is different
The prerequisites are different
The nature is different (Potara isn't magical)
The resulting character is different
The duration is different

But suuure, it's the same. I guess you also think Nail and Kami defused from Piccolo inside Buu and Goku and Vegeta forgot to rescue them

Potara are literally magical earrings granted by the Gods. What are you talking about, and your unnecessary snark about Piccolo fusion doesn't make you sound clever, only shows that you know how to make strawman arguments.

There's no precedent for Buu's insides dispelling any fusion, because it never does. Why you would then bring up Piccolo and Nail baffles me, because it's permanent fusion, unlike both the dance and potara.

Feel free to try again. Without embarrassing yourself this time.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Gotenks is protected by Buu's pod, you could make that argument for why Vegito defuses but Gotenks doesn't.

But the earrings being different is enough of a reason.