• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I meant to ask, would you prefer weights given in kilos? I noticed most were going for pounds (and being from the UK we typically work in stones/pounds for weight) but if it's easier I can give the updated in kilos to make it easier.
I'm in Australia, so I think in metric. You posted your entry in all three, so I chose kilos.

For consistency's sake, could I get you to please keep using kilos?

xerzewatt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Started at 109.7 kgs, 190 cm (241, 6'2"). The goal is 90~95 kg (200-210).
Last week I was down to 105.3. I'll go to my dietician tomorrow to see my current weight, I think I might be around 103.

I should definitely post more updates.
01/11 : 103.1
01/15: 102.1
01/18: 101.4

It's going pretty well but I feel my resolve is wavering. I am going out to have a drink tonight, any suggestions for a low calorie option?

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I should definitely post more updates.
01/11 : 103.1
01/15: 102.1
01/18: 101.4

It's going pretty well but I feel my resolve is wavering. I am going out to have a drink tonight, any suggestions for a low calorie option?
Generally the stronger alcohol is better than drinking beer

Baby Snakes

Oct 28, 2017
New England
240.2lbs this morning - the steady downward trend continues! Even despite the fact that I've been more lax with calorie tracking these past couple of weekends. Just finding it a little harder to stay disciplined outside of the work week for some reason.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This week was my birthday so.... I may have cheated a little. Luckily my weight didn't go up. Better luck this week!
Week 3- 229lbs

Rahvar

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I drank Jameson on the rocks so that should be OK but I did eat a bunch of pistachios and hazelnuts which will definitely set me back. Still, it is worth it to hang out with old friends and have a good time.

I've always been of the oppinion that a healthy life balance is more important than fast results when it comes to weight loss.
See friends, enjoy snacks at the movies, live life. In moderation of course :)

If you've gained some weight from it this week, just lose it the next, or the next two. It's not a race, sure we have things that makes us want to be at certain weights at specific points. But in the end it's about a healthier and sustainable lifestyle.

Personally, I don't know when I will start maintaining. I'm smaller atm than I have ever been in my adult life, but I have quite some weight left to lose. But the beauty of counting calories and/or having a good lifestyle is that it's not a huge change once you are done with weight loss :)

I will keep weighing myself weekly, if I gain some weight one week I will just be more careful the next.

Lol, long rant from talking about drinks :p But once I realized how long-winded I got it was too long to delete :p

xerzewatt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been of the oppinion that a healthy life balance is more important than fast results when it comes to weight loss.
See friends, enjoy snacks at the movies, live life. In moderation of course :)

If you've gained some weight from it this week, just lose it the next, or the next two. It's not a race, sure we have things that makes us want to be at certain weights at specific points. But in the end it's about a healthier and sustainable lifestyle.

Personally, I don't know when I will start maintaining. I'm smaller atm than I have ever been in my adult life, but I have quite some weight left to lose. But the beauty of counting calories and/or having a good lifestyle is that it's not a huge change once you are done with weight loss :)

I will keep weighing myself weekly, if I gain some weight one week I will just be more careful the next.

Lol, long rant from talking about drinks :p But once I realized how long-winded I got it was too long to delete :p
No worries, appreciate the pep talk :)

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Jan 7th: 221lbs
Jan 18th: 216lbs.

Have had a few good weeks minus a BAD weekend last week but tomorrow is cheat MEAL day. Keeping them to meals and not whole weekends lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Jan 11th: 233lbs
Jan 19th: 229lbs.

I lost weight at that rate for much of last year but it'd slowed in the months before the holiday break so I doubt this is sustainable. Nice while it lasts though.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker! I always want to participate but I always forget the cut-off date for this. Good luck everyone! I screwed up by not participating as I lost 2kg this week 🤣

Rahvar

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oh right. I should also post my own update and not just comment on others :p

I'm 102.1 kg as of this morning. So I'm doing well on my monthly goal of getting below 100 kgs.

I'm on my lowest weight of my adult life atm, 100 kgs will be a very nice milestone. It also happens to be the exact point were I go from obese to overweight on the BMI scale. Next milestone after that would be 90 kgs, but only really because it translates into below 200 lbs :p

I'm almost out of clothes that used to be too small but now fit, soon I'll have to spend on a new wardrobe haha. I've gone from a 48 inch waist for jeans to 40 inches atm :)

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you use the same one it should still track the losses properly, although I don't know how you'd work out which one is giving the most accurate results. Maybe get a 3rd/4th opinion from someone else's scales?

If I was the kind of person who makes that much effort I wouldn't need to take part in a weight loss challenge in the first place.

I'll flip a coin and decide on one or the other later.

EDIT: That sounds crankier than intended :(

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, it's fine. As I was writing, it occurred to me it might not be the most helpful response.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Went in the wrong direction this week, but not by too much. This week's going to be tough again, as I have a Friday work deadline meaning long days are ahead and then will be traveling over the weekend, but will be trying to squeeze in some gym time when I can.

01/11/19 - 201.6 lbs
01/19/19 - 202.4 lbs

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Checking in at 109.5kg

Haven't moved much since last checkin. Wife felt like a schnitzel and hot chips night on Friday, and that's just thrown me out of whack over the weekend. Went back up over 1kg and only just got back down.

Also; I think I need better scales. The ones I'm using tells me different weight based on where my balance is. Currently it's saying 109.8 if I'm leaning forward, and 109.3 if I'm leaning back. I figure I'm safe if I use the average of 109.5kg for now.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
Checking in at 91.6 kg... basically just water weight noise at this point. We'll see how it goes in s couple more weeks.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Update: 80.9 kg (started at 82).

I'm completely off snacks and sweets which is great. I also started doing ~40 min high intensity Beat saber sessions 4-5 times a week. It's actually pretty brutal. Also doing ~60 kettlebell swings every other day. Goal is to work myself up to 100 and then add some calisthenic exercises.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Update (1/14): 186.8 lbs

Actually ate healthy for a full week for the first time in...a while. Don't think I'll have another week this "productive", but I really needed that before I get back exercising again. I feel a lot better today than I have in months.
Update (1/21): 186.4 lbs

Not my best week, but a bit more reflective of reality than last week's big drop. Still, lost about a half pound and still eating much healthier.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting much from this week, but I'll check in later at my normal time and hope for the best! As my exercise options are limited mostly walking and my dog is a lazy mofo I downloaded MapMyWalk and am going to try and use that to track and increase the exercise that I do.

I might have to bite the bullet and just go walking without the dog. :p

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
Started highest at 428 around september last year. I have been tracking it on a calendar but recently transitioned to digital. I need to go back and add my weight so I can properly track it. The start of January was around 385, I believe.

1/9/19 382.7
1/14/19 376.7
1/21/19 375.6

Last edited:
OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Started highest at 428 around september last year. I have been tracking it on a calendar but recently transitioned to digital. I need to go back and add my weight so I can properly track it. The start of January was around 385, I believe.

1/9/19 382.7
1/14/19 376.7
1/21/19 375.6
Welcome! I've added you to the spreadsheet so you can follow along with more updates. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally hit the scale after weeks of a 1500 calorie diet. Relatively lazy on exercise because its freezing outside and been snowed in, but the diet has been good. I get out and run a couple miles if im feeling brave enough to endure the cold.

Dec. 31st- 175
Jan 21st - 167

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE 2:

Starting Weight: 95kg - 01/01/19
Last week: 93.7kg - 08/01/19
Current Weight: 92.4kg - 15/01/19

UPDATE 3:
Starting Weight: 95kg - 01/01/19
Last week: 92.4kg - 15/01/19
Current Weight: 91.3kg - 22/01/19

Feeling good, I started trying to lose weight in September at 109.3kg, this puts me down to 18kg lost so far. On an even better note, I've been updating my parents on it and it's motivated them, they started a month or so later than me, my dad's apparently down 8kg, mum's down 6kg. My Dad's feeling particularly proud about it as he has an identical twin brother who's been steadily gaining weight, so the twin used to look like a slightly bigger version of him and now the difference is night and day..So he's also motivated that maybe if he loses more it might get his brother to do something.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So I was so annoyed by the revelation that my digital scales show me with as being almost 2kg heavier than my starting scales did I decided to walk all the way back home after dropping off my car for a check up.

Screenshot_20190121-185144_Samsung_Health.jpg

My feet have had better days.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Update 3:
Starting weight 1/1/2019: 256
Current weight 22/1/2019: 247.2

Slow week in terms of weight loss this week, but still going in the right direction :)

Gemüsestäbchen

Otterly Amazing
Nov 1, 2017
Checking in fellas, behaving myself and working a lot of late... Had a little moment of stress eating in the late afternoon yesterday but overall I'm sticking to the diet, being rather broke after Christmas helps - not too much going out!

09.01.19 - 52.5KG
16.01.19 - 51.8 KG
21.01.19 - 51.9 KG

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Dang, wish I would've seen this earlier. I'm currently doing one of those fitness/diet boot camp programs to help me lose weight.

Good luck to everyone!

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Moving this week and really fallen off again and can feel myself over the last 3 months getting weaker and putting on weight.
All the gym's where I am moving are expensive as all hell and I need to save money as my rent is a lot more now.
Is it possible living alone if I buy some gear to get motivated and work out at home? I know all the stuff my PT taught me so can I make it work?

Oct 25, 2017
Going to stick with the analogue scales for now as that's the one I used for my starting measurement otherwise I'll just get stressed/annoyed/obsessed with all of this nonsense.

Another kilo gone, down to 108 kg.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Moving this week and really fallen off again and can feel myself over the last 3 months getting weaker and putting on weight.
All the gym's where I am moving are expensive as all hell and I need to save money as my rent is a lot more now.
Is it possible living alone if I buy some gear to get motivated and work out at home? I know all the stuff my PT taught me so can I make it work?
That's what I do. I didn't set foot in a gym all of last year and blasted past my goal weight.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Update:
Started at 241.5

As of 1/21/19: 234

Still not getting in as much exercise as I would like to. But I'm watching what I eat while counting calories. End of April will be the first Spartan race of the year for me.