• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
RkG8g0D.jpg

258 lbs as of this past Wednesday.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sign me up, weighed in this morning at 315lbs 142.8 lbs whichever is easier for you to keep track of.

My weight had gone up and down the last few years between 280lbs and 320lbs but never really been able to break below that 280 barrier so that's a target for me.

Also attending a wedding in October so would love to shift a bit between now and then.

Oct 25, 2017
Initial Weight(March/13): 103kg
Last Sunday(April/7): 98.5kg
Today(April/14): 97.9kg
Current Goal: 89kg

I'm pleased with my progress so far, I'm running every day 40-60 minutes and continuing with Intermittent Fasting(18/6).

I could have done better eating wise this past week, I'll try to improve for next one but losing at least half a kilo to a kilo every week has been pretty great.

Last edited:

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I'll sign up again. I enjoyed I last year and I need a bit of a push again. My current weight is 95kg

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't always have reliable access to a scale since I'm traveling most of the time, but I'd like to join. Don't disqualify me if I miss a week or two at times. I will need to find a scale here in the next few days, I'm 5'11 and somewhere around 90kg last I checked unfortunately. Would like to be down near 75 again, that was my last weight that I felt quite good about myself.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
you know what, i might jump in on this. i dont have a scale at home, but do have them at work, so when i head back in this week ill weigh myself.

i grew up really big (close to 275lbs at my biggest) and lost close to 100lbs and stayed thankfully stayed pretty fit after that. i worked out and exercised pretty regularly (was even lucky enough to swim weekly at a local gym when my roommate at the time had a membership). after meeting my fiancee and ending up with a schedule that was super stressful, a big move (two, actually!) into circumstances that were less than ideal, and a complete lack of free time and money, i really kinda let myself go (ill never forget catching up with a buddy i hadnt seen in a few months and the first thing he said was, "ah, you put on some weight!" - after weighing myself, found it was close to 25/30lbs i packed on). ive been trying to get back into the swing of things but i think this might help solidify it in my mind and in practice.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm too late for this. Last year was pretty hard as I had three mountain trips, so I was working out pretty hard for most of the year. After August I didn't have any more trips so I relaxed. But in June the fun starts again and I'm back to my 24 hours of exercise per week. I'm 1m77 and 76 now, would like to go to 72, don't have much time left though.

IMG-20190415-152449-143.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in. I fell off the wagon last round between being ill for a couple of weeks and having to go abroad for a bit but I'm back and raring to go now cricket season is on the horizon. Had the first preseason match on Saturday and I was fucking dead so I really need to get my shit together.

Switching to the digital scales that give a higher reading than the spring set I was using before but give a more consistent reading.

Current weight: 107.7kg

I think I'm too late for this

Nah I think you're alright. Final sign in date is 26th April iirc?

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Will be joining for this challenge. I'm at 202lbs and would like to slim down to around 170lbs.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in again! I lost focus over the past few months I've gained a bit of weight back. Ready to refocus & finally hit my goal! I'll take a pic for my official submission in the next few days.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
About a month ago I was around 260lbs. Today I was 244.5lbs.

The thing I love is getting on the scales and seeing some weight lost. But it really sucks when you are walking a ton and eating little, and you don't see it on the scales. Kinda been stuck at 244lbs for a few days, when I should be seeing more drops. It really demotivates me when i don't see the results.

On the low carb, potentially ketosis, thing. And walking a lot, and tennis once a week so far, will probably add in the gym soon.

Oct 28, 2017
About a month ago I was around 260lbs. Today I was 244.5lbs.

The thing I love is getting on the scales and seeing some weight lost. But it really sucks when you are walking a ton and eating little, and you don't see it on the scales. Kinda been stuck at 244lbs for a few days, when I should be seeing more drops. It really demotivates me when i don't see the results.

On the low carb, potentially ketosis, thing. And walking a lot, and tennis once a week so far, will probably add in the gym soon.
That's totally normal. I went an entire month last spring losing nothing then dropped 7lbs in a week. I wouldn't let it bother you. Just keep on trucking.

Juna

Nov 26, 2017
Down to 100.6kg. It was slow this week. Too much stress, not enough sleep. But progress is progress.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
These challenges have been a great motivator and now it's time to go the final mile to hit my target of the around 70 kg i need to get to. Currently sitting at 82 kg and it's wild to think about the fact that i was 128.1 kg just under a year ago, it has been a crazy ride to get here and the goal is so close now. It's awesome seeing the progress everyone is making in these threads and losing such a significant amount of weight has completely changed my life, i feel better in a way i haven't in a long time.

In at 82 kg, might do another weigh in next week depending if i have the time during my vacation.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
No doing the challenge officially, but I do want to get beach ready. Already lost 7 pounds in two weeks. Simple calorie counting. I also make sure to take 125 grams of protein per day. This helps with feeling full and also helps me preserve muscle--I will lose muscle. You always do when you lose weight--but this mitigates that loss.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Checking in this morning at 229lbs. I'm going to start running this weekend and I will I've got a weekly softball league that'll help keep me active and at least somewhat social.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll join this. 196 lbs this morning. My goal is 170 or lower. I think can I pull it off.

I've been dieting for a few months now and burning on average 800-900 calories a day.

I did a 996 last night.

I'm still fat and have lost nothing, because my body doesn't work, and hasn't worked right in a long time.

You try burning that much a day 6 days a week and eating healthy. You would be a bean pole within a week lol...

Sucks ass...

Are you eating enough? It actually takes energy to burn fat and when you don't have the energy your metabolism could slow down. 800-900 calories a day average is a lot. You could be under-eating based on that.

Gemüsestäbchen

Otterly Amazing
Nov 1, 2017
Hey viciouskillersquirrel let's do this!
Great changes ahead for me - I'm changing careers and moving countries in next few months.
I want to be at the weight I want to be too.

So checking in at:
17th April 2019 / 52.4KG

Aiming to be 48KG

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll do the challenge. Never weighed myself when I started but did this morning.

17th 246 lbs starting.

Would love to break the 200 mark by the end of the challenge.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
That's totally normal. I went an entire month last spring losing nothing then dropped 7lbs in a week. I wouldn't let it bother you. Just keep on trucking.

You're right. I finally saw a pound drop this morning.

I have got to be in ketosis, I mean, i barely get hungry anymore. I tend to just have nuts as a late lunch meal. Not too many either, and ones with roasting dust that as sugar in it. Then I have a medium sized meal of Thai veggies and a little chicken. The veggies are all brocolli, carrots, asapragus, green beans, zuchini, and leafy greens. Rinse and repeat. But I am not getting many calories at all.

My last meal tends to be at 9pm, and the first one around 3pm. So I am also doing intermittent fasting. Really looking forward to being skinny again. Hopefully you fellas can give me some good advice and motivation.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

I have got to be in ketosis, I mean, i barely get hungry anymore. I tend to just have nuts as a late lunch meal. Not too many either, and ones with roasting dust that as sugar in it. Then I have a medium sized meal of Thai veggies and a little chicken. The veggies are all brocolli, carrots, asapragus, green beans, zuchini, and leafy greens. Rinse and repeat. But I am not getting many calories at all.

My last meal tends to be at 9pm, and the first one around 3pm. So I am also doing intermittent fasting. Really looking forward to being skinny again. Hopefully you fellas can give me some good advice and motivation.

Do you actually weigh your food?

Oct 25, 2017

I just want to warn against not actually eating enough. As the post above mentions, weighing your food can help a great deal. Tracking your calorie intake can give yourself some insight into how your body reacts to the amount of deficit you have. Most of your body's weight is not fat. So not losing weight day to day is normal, because your total water weight fluctuates.

Just make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water (takes water to burn fat), and definitely get enough minerals (magnesium, potassium, sodium) because in ketosis you go through a lot of water which can inadvertently drain you of your minerals.

Personally I am fluctuating between 2-3 lbs the last couple days. I'm even a whole pound over my week's low. But water weight can fluctuate, I've read, up to 5 pounds. And it's more important to drink water than to see scale results, not that you would since your body would hold more water in if you drank less. I look at my average of the last couple days and compare it to the average of the previous couple days and I am happy with the results.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah
I just want to warn against not actually eating enough. As the post above mentions, weighing your food can help a great deal. Tracking your calorie intake can give yourself some insight into how your body reacts to the amount of deficit you have. Most of your body's weight is not fat. So not losing weight day to day is normal, because your total water weight fluctuates.

Just make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water (takes water to burn fat), and definitely get enough minerals (magnesium, potassium, sodium) because in ketosis you go through a lot of water which can inadvertently drain you of your minerals.

Personally I am fluctuating between 2-3 lbs the last couple days. I'm even a whole pound over my week's low. But water weight can fluctuate, I've read, up to 5 pounds. And it's more important to drink water than to see scale results, not that you would since your body would hold more water in if you drank less. I look at my average of the last couple days and compare it to the average of the previous couple days and I am happy with the results.
Yeah, I only look at averages over say a week as well. My scale shows an average automatically, but I used to have a spreadsheet where I calculated that. I weigh myself every day, but the number itself is relatively meaningless. Crazy amount of variability throughout the week.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019

I don't weigh my food. I'll think about it though. I'm sure it would be great information to have.

If just assume my body would tell me if I really needed more calories. I am certainly not getting a lot. I think I do get minerals because the one meal I have a day, it will be vegetables cooked in coconut milk. I don't have much of an appetite at the moment. historically when i ate like I do right now, i would get very hungry when trying to sleep. But even that has not been an issue.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't weigh my food. I'll think about it though. I'm sure it would be great information to have.

If just assume my body would tell me if I really needed more calories. I am certainly not getting a lot. I think I do get minerals because the one meal I have a day, it will be vegetables cooked in coconut milk. I don't have much of an appetite at the moment. historically when i ate like I do right now, i would get very hungry when trying to sleep. But even that has not been an issue.

Try using a calorie calculator to see what kind of calorie intake is ideal for you. I am doing keto + IF as well. I use https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ to determine my ideal macro nutrient breakdown.

Under energy expenditure I set to sedentary as I have heard these things often way over-evaluate your calorie spending. Body fat has a lot of calculators, I use the navy one I think is suggested in the OP. I am not really sure how accurate these things are... everywhere seems to suggest not accurate but dunno what to do about that. The main thing here is to determine how much lean mass you have.

Set carbs to 20g (or whatever you plan on being your carb limit goal, I typically do not hit 20g)

It will recommend a protein count based on your lean mass. You can go higher or lower, but going lower can lead to lean mass loss which you don't want. Going higher is recommended if you do a lot of weight training. I am not strict on my daily protein intake but I try to hit my goal as a minimum to prevent lean mass loss. I want to burn fat, not muscle.

Lastly you fill in the rest of your calories with fat.

At one point I was using a massive deficit here in the fat category. And like you I wasn't feeling hungry. I was listening to my body. But I think that was a mistake, because I think my body's metabolism had slowed down. Not feeling hungry is a product of ketones in your bloodstream which suppresses hunger. Those two things combined I think could be an issue if you just listen to your body.

Because I was stalled out I asked for advice. People recommended I eat more and reduce my deficit to 20%. I decided I would eat more. I chose a 25% deficit. I also calculated my average calories I burn per day for the week to be 200 (from exercise that is). So a bit of a middle ground, I eat much more overall but still feel good about my deficit. And since doing this I went from hovering around 201lbs to 296 in a week (I was also constipated while at a higher deficit, so there was that). It was like eating more just kicked the burn in or just got things moving along better. I still don't really know exactly what was going on there, but people recommended I ate more and I started eating more and the results came in.

Another tip since I also do IF + keto. I typically drink a glass of water and some apple cider vinegar a half an hour before eating to support digestion (helps create stomach acid). No water til at least an hour after eating is finished (don't want to dilute stomach acid or cause bloating). IF benefits really kick in at 16 hours, but I've read that 20 hours is where the benefits are really great.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
Try using a calorie calculator to see what kind of calorie intake is ideal for you. I am doing keto + IF as well. I use https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ to determine my ideal macro nutrient breakdown.

Under energy expenditure I set to sedentary as I have heard these things often way over-evaluate your calorie spending. Body fat has a lot of calculators, I use the navy one I think is suggested in the OP. I am not really sure how accurate these things are... everywhere seems to suggest not accurate but dunno what to do about that. The main thing here is to determine how much lean mass you have.

Set carbs to 20g (or whatever you plan on being your carb limit goal, I typically do not hit 20g)

It will recommend a protein count based on your lean mass. You can go higher or lower, but going lower can lead to lean mass loss which you don't want. Going higher is recommended if you do a lot of weight training. I am not strict on my daily protein intake but I try to hit my goal as a minimum to prevent lean mass loss. I want to burn fat, not muscle.

Lastly you fill in the rest of your calories with fat.

At one point I was using a massive deficit here in the fat category. And like you I wasn't feeling hungry. I was listening to my body. But I think that was a mistake, because I think my body's metabolism had slowed down. Not feeling hungry is a product of ketones in your bloodstream which suppresses hunger. Those two things combined I think could be an issue if you just listen to your body.

Because I was stalled out I asked for advice. People recommended I eat more and reduce my deficit to 20%. I decided I would eat more. I chose a 25% deficit. I also calculated my average calories I burn per day for the week to be 200 (from exercise that is). So a bit of a middle ground, I eat much more overall but still feel good about my deficit. And since doing this I went from hovering around 201lbs to 296 in a week (I was also constipated while at a higher deficit, so there was that). It was like eating more just kicked the burn in or just got things moving along better. I still don't really know exactly what was going on there, but people recommended I ate more and I started eating more and the results came in.

Another tip since I also do IF + keto. I typically drink a glass of water and some apple cider vinegar a half an hour before eating to support digestion (helps create stomach acid). No water til at least an hour after eating is finished (don't want to dilute stomach acid or cause bloating). IF benefits really kick in at 16 hours, but I've read that 20 hours is where the benefits are really great.

Damn this is what I was really worried about. That I might be eating so little its getting in the way of progress. I guess I should start counting my calories. It's just seems difficult for cooked food though. Like if I cook vegetables with coconut milk. How would I know how much a few laddles of veg are?

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Damn this is what I was really worried about. That I might be eating so little its getting in the way of progress. I guess I should start counting my calories. It's just seems difficult for cooked food though. Like if I cook vegetables with coconut milk. How would I know how much a few laddles of veg are?

Lots of apps like lose it or fatsecret have an area where you just fill in the amount (buy a cheap kitchen scale).

If you really are eating 900kcal a day maaaayyybeee that would slow your metabolism, but honestly i think youre underestimating the amount of calories in for instance coconut Milk.

Oct 25, 2017

Veggies typically have very few calories. But you can weigh out each ingredient, google what the nutritional info for each is. I don't think you need to be super precise but I try to be as precise as I can be.

Another thing I thought of... There actually is a difference between a low carb diet and a keto diet. There are videos on this, I like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnH-BfIdo_M

You probably are hitting ketosis at least some of the time (especially with IF), but maintaining could be a different thing if you don't monitor your macro nutrients. From what I understand, if you don't eat enough fat then your body will break down too much proteins into carbs and it'll kick you out of ketosis. One of his videos I watched today which was like a 45 minute guide on keto said that you should aim to eat double fat over proteins and then you don't have to worry about proteins. I checked my macros and I am actually at 62% fat, 32% protein or something, so close enough. Apparently your body will still break down proteins for carbs, but only as needed and shouldn't affect your fat adaption.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Veggies typically have very few calories. But you can weigh out each ingredient, google what the nutritional info for each is. I don't think you need to be super precise but I try to be as precise as I can be.

Another thing I thought of... There actually is a difference between a low carb diet and a keto diet. There are videos on this, I like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnH-BfIdo_M

You probably are hitting ketosis at least some of the time (especially with IF), but maintaining could be a different thing if you don't monitor your macro nutrients. From what I understand, if you don't eat enough fat then your body will break down too much proteins into carbs and it'll kick you out of ketosis. One of his videos I watched today which was like a 45 minute guide on keto said that you should aim to eat double fat over proteins and then you don't have to worry about proteins. I checked my macros and I am actually at 62% fat, 32% protein or something, so close enough. Apparently your body will still break down proteins for carbs, but only as needed and shouldn't affect your fat adaption.

If hes eating that little that really shouldnt matter though.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
DeLauer is cool.

I gotta say though I disagree a lot with keto in regards to protein restriction. I have been doing hardcore IF and when I eat, the mindset is to simply eat to satiety. I find it very difficult to overeat protein, and I focus on meat and meat alone. I know not everyone is down with that, but my results are being on track to be 20 lbs. down from the 1st by about Sunday.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Initial Weight (April 10): 258 lbs
Today(April 17): 256 lbs
Current Goal: 210 lbs

I've started going to the gym Haven't done that since college. Never was good at weight training as I focused on cardio, but I'm giving it an honest go this time.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019

I have done low carb many times to get into shape, but I don't think ever true ketosis, until perhaps this time. i think you are probably right, that I float in and out of Ketosis, but certainly I've never had such a low appetite while eating like this.

But, I have had this problem of always wondering do I need to eat less or more to continue efficient weight loss. I can add more fat in my diet. Just throw in some chorizo and cheese. But I also remember when I cut out all meat, and only ate Thai style vegetables, that also lead to very fast weight loss. I think i will just try to up my fat a bit, and keep the calories down. Might cut out more protein and just stick with cheese or chorizo with my vegetables.

I am quite desperate to get skinny though. I want good consistent progress. Historically, I have been able to maintain 10lbs a month loss.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Checking in at 98.2kg

I feel like this time may be significantly more difficult for me, as my daughter will be born any day now. I can easily forsee poor dietary choices being made for a few weeks because we won't have any energy and it's easier to make and eat junk.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I have done low carb many times to get into shape, but I don't think ever true ketosis, until perhaps this time. i think you are probably right, that I float in and out of Ketosis, but certainly I've never had such a low appetite while eating like this.

But, I have had this problem of always wondering do I need to eat less or more to continue efficient weight loss. I can add more fat in my diet. Just throw in some chorizo and cheese. But I also remember when I cut out all meat, and only ate Thai style vegetables, that also lead to very fast weight loss. I think i will just try to up my fat a bit, and keep the calories down. Might cut out more protein and just stick with cheese or chorizo with my vegetables.

I am quite desperate to get skinny though. I want good consistent progress. Historically, I have been able to maintain 10lbs a month loss.

Weigh your food and add it in an app like lose-it. Why keep guessing when you can be more precise and see your macro distribution?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Not sure if late but even i just post my goal here it'll help give me some motivation.

6'3 189 aiming to drop 15 by June 1st the latest. My face is showing some fat and that's a big no for me (personal issue) .

Pop aint an issue but chocolate bars and sweets definitely are and i eat them while bored even snack on sweedish berries in bed and leave half the pack under my pillow for the next night. I need to just stop that and get those 10,000 steps a day in but it's hard to just not sit on my computer chair for like 10 hours a day . This was all so much easier when i was younger but no motivation now and im not sure how I'll find it but i need to.