• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing intermittent fasting, while cutting out junk foods and just trying to eat more proteins than carbs.

Fasting has been fantastic for me so far, I can now do 16-8 easily without problems with hunger.

edit: changed my mind about officially participating, but will definitely follow along with the thread!

Last edited:

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Seeing as school is over in a week and i have no plans for summer i might as well participate in this. Currently 470lbs.

Gonna aim for 2000 calories a day with a 16:8 IF schedule and some walking for exercise. Had some success with a similar routine in the past.

I got some old jeans i want to be able to wear by August.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Dang, seeing that people sit at a desk for hours at a time is crazy to me now that I'm so used to being in motion on a recumbent bike or standing at my standing desk. I feel bad when I have to go to the movies now. That is the longest I sit still besides when I sleep.

From 102 > 100.8kg

I dont know, everytime after the day when i was at the gym, i am not loosing weight

If you're lifting you could be gaining muscle and/or holding water weight in repairing muscles. You should focus on the mirror and take measurements. The scale is only one of several ways to measure progress. I am heavier than I was a year ago yet look much better.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Looking at food scales on amazon atm. I guess I need to do start getting in the habit of doing this.

its really difficult to eyeball weights. I've only seen my grandma (who had a small grocery store and weighed stuff all day) do it accurately hahah. I personally dont weigh most food anymore, but thats only because I eat the same meals that I cycle through for about the last two years, with almost no condiments. Its boring af, but reliable. If I want to have mayo or chips or something equally calorie rich, I definitely weigh it because small mistakes make such a big difference.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
April 11th: 145 kg
April 18th: 143.2 kg

Very happy with this, especially because it means I've passed 10 kg lost! Low expectations for next week because of Easter coming up, but we'll see.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
April 11th: 200.2lbs
April 18th: 198.6lbs

Next weigh in will be a few days late because I'll be on vacation. Which probably won't be too good for my diet, but I'll try not to go too nuts...

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm in! I'm getting ready for my wedding and would love to get back to my ideal weight (for me).

Current weight (April 18th): 206 lbs
12 week goal weight: 185 lbs

Cheers and good luck to everyone!

Oct 25, 2017
194 lbs today, new low over previous which was 195.5. My goal for this challenge is at least 170lbs. The first time I weighed myself was at 212, but I am sure before that I was at least 220 at perhaps 230 at most. Since March 4th (weighed 212), I have lost 18 lbs.

---

A bit about my plan. As stated, I am doing intermittent fasting and keto. I started out with 16/8 only with no keto. Then I read it's not a bad idea to do keto-lite. Did like 50g carbs for a week or two. I told my friend about IF and keto and his enthusiasm about starting it got me to go full keto. One day I decided to try OMAD (one meal a day) and decided it wasn't hard at all. I think really easing into this lifestyle/diet has been a big positive for me, rather than jumping into the deep end.

So I never actually tried dieting before. My goal here is creating a sustainable lifestyle. I'm trying to tackle this diet/lifestyle with the same gusto I would any other hobby I am really into. I don't know what weight I really am aiming for. I do want to have very low body fat % and I want to maintain a respectable amount of lean mass. The calculator I am using has me at 12% bodyfat at 170 lbs. That would be unquestionably the best shape of my entire adult life and I think I would be only motivated to push that further.

I am still pretty hyped over my weigh in today. I had like a 2-3 week period where I bounced between 200.5-201.5, and that was just a bit over a week ago. So every time I don't see improvement I am kinda immune to it emotionally. I went 2-3 weeks sticking to the plan without improvement, basically faith even though I had my doubts at times. But every time I do see a nice jump now it's like a sugar high.

I do want to say one thing about the 2-3 weeks of stalling. I didn't just follow the plan, I tried to do something about it. I asked at r/keto and I adjusted my macros and ate more. I didn't just hope things worked out. I did more research and I continue to try to learn more to improve my plan.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Feel like I'm slowly figuring out weight training as far as form and whatnot. I never gave it much focus last time I was working out regularly, but since I also want more strength, I'm putting the time in to creating a routine.

Today was only my second workout, but it was already easier than the first as far as how confident I felt.

Oct 28, 2017
No change here in 8 days. Still 215lbs and 19.5% body fat. Funny how I've stalled again at exactly the same time as last year. I'm not expecting to lose much if any in the next 2 weeks either as there is easter food plus 2 birthdays to celibrate as well as meeting up with old friends for drinks. I might even gain weight!

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here to tell you guys you can do it and always think of it as a marathon. You won't see the change in a week, a little in a month.

Just keep at it!

Mob%20Psycho%20100%20-%2002%20-%20Large%2040.jpg

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
182 lbs. this morning. A shade under 10 lbs. from my initial entry. About 20 lbs. from April 1st. About 30 lbs. from the first week of February.

my goal was 160, but I'm taking it down to 150.

mekky

Oct 25, 2017
I might as well join in, current weight 112.2kg (178cm tall). Been on and off diets/exercise programs for years with mixed success and looking to stick through with it.

Gigglepoo

Oct 25, 2017
My scale is super frustrating. I'll weigh myself three times in a row and get a range of 6-7 pounds.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I already started a month ago and am already down ~20lbs, but I'll join.

I'm at 265lbs as of Sunday morning. I imagine the first official weigh-in will be on the 26th?

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
Sign me up, please. 149.3 kg today.
I'd be really happy to hit 135, that's my ultimate goal.

Gonna start with low carb high protein and maybe do full keto after 2 weeks. I exercise heavily twice a week (beach tennis) and I'll try to include walking daily on my schedule. Let's see how this goes!

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Alright, got a working scale so I'm in for the first time as well. Got one that can also measure body fat and other stuff, didn't even know that was possible on a consumer scale, faaaancy.

Long term goal is to get back to 80-85kg range.
Short term I work in 5kg increments, so 120kg is the next one. I'm 185cm and was at my largest at 135-140kg or thereabouts, so I've slimmed down some but still plenty to go.

Mon April 22, 122.2kg.

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
So, I had a couple of "false starts" with signing up for some previous iterations of this challenge, but I wasn't really in the right place mentally to stay disciplined with a healthier lifestyle. I'm pretty feeling pretty motivated and ready to be dedicated, so I'm going to give this another shot.

I weighed in yesterday, Sunday, April 21 at 180.4 lbs. I'm using that for my starting weight for tracking everything.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
95,4 kg today. Easter slowed down my loss, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I dont want to lose too much muscle. Expect a bigger drop next week, cause I havent been able to do a number 2 yet hahah.

Juna

Nov 26, 2017
I'm at 99.8kg today. Finally broken the 100kg barrier. It was a real up and down, but I'm glad it's going forward

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Checking in 201lbs. I'm getting into an exercise routine but my eating is still crap. It is so damn hard to try and quit/cutback on sugar. The minute I tell myself I'm not eating candy or excessively snacking it's like my brain spends the entire day trying to convince me to eat candy.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Down to 202.2 this morning from 206 Thursday. Pushed myself a little too hard during my workout yesterday so I might take a recovery / hydration day today, still feeling a bit off kilter. Still, feels good to see progress being made (and thankful I can close out rings on my apple watch to gamify my progress).

Oct 25, 2017
Initial Weight(March/13): 103kg
Last Sunday(April/14): 97.9kg
This Week(April/21): 97.7kg
Goal: 86.5kg

I feel like I need to be more aggressive with my diet as I'm losing a little of steam but I'm still motivated, time to fight the urge to eat crap haha.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Initial Weight (April 10): 258 lbs
Last Week (April 17): 256
Today(April 24): 252.6 lbs
Current Goal: 205 lbs

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, got a working scale so I'm in for the first time as well. Got one that can also measure body fat and other stuff, didn't even know that was possible on a consumer scale, faaaancy.
FYI that stuff isn't super accurate so don't put too much stock in it. At best it can be used for looking at trends, but even then there's still a lot of variables in play.

Gigglepoo

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to lose weight is so frustrating. I gain a few pounds even when I don't eat anything! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to actually eat. Right now, I'm only eating one meal a day (dinner), but I'm not sure if it would be better to eat breakfast or if this strategy will help me lose weight the fastest.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
April 11th: 145 kg
April 18th: 143.2 kg
April 25th: 143.2 kg

Well, at least my weight didn't increase! As expected, a bit of a rough week, hoping to get back on track now.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
I def. need to get back into this, I think I basically gained back all the weight since challenge 6. Will post my weigh in tomorrow morning

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
April 25th.
290.4 pounds. Ughhh. Thankfully I'm already in gym rotation as I've been going the last month or so regularly.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at my starting weight. I lost a little, put some on over Easter weekend, and then lost it again. Current weight: 210lbs

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Today is the last day for entering the competition, right?

I'm a little confused by the multiple updates posted already by some participants.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clarify if I can update two weeks after first entering? And we do not need to post proof photos at this point then, yes?

April 12 - My sign-up weight - 244lbs
April 26 - My current weight - 235lbs

I got down to 234 yesterday but I went up a lb, so this is where I am currently.

Also, yesterday I did something I haven't been able to do in 20 years. I went for a jog. Granted it was only 5 min compared to the half hr / 45 min jogs I used to go for, but I am very happy about it!