• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
April 1st: 89.1 kg
May 1st: 85.5 kg
May 8th: 83.7 kg

I lost 1,8 kg in a week, that honestly seems too much and i don't know if it's healthy.

Gemüsestäbchen

Otterly Amazing
Nov 1, 2017
April 1st: 89.1 kg
May 1st: 85.5 kg
May 8th: 83.7 kg

I lost 1,8 kg in a week, that honestly seems too much and i don't know if it's healthy.

How closely are you tracking your weight over the week? Water retention and when you weighed yourself, whether you've eaten my factor into it.
If you're not feeling exhausted or unwell, sounds alright. Weigh yourself again too!

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
How closely are you tracking your weight over the week? Water retention and when you weighed yourself, whether you've eaten my factor into it.
If you're not feeling exhausted or unwell, sounds alright. Weigh yourself again too!

Usually same time, as soon as i wake up.
No i'm fine, i've never felt better physically.. i'll weigh myself again on saturday morning, the dates in the previous post are messed up :)
Thanks for your help!

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for missing the update last week. Finally unpacked the scale after our move. Apparently the stress of moving and having a bit of a stomach bug is good for weight loss.

April 11th: 200.2lbs
April 18th: 198.6lbs
April 30th: 200.2lbs
May 15th: 196.0lbs

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok just went into mfp & looking at my progress chart.

April 19th: 455 lbs
May 5th: 450 lbs
May 8th: 446 lbs
May 9th: 441 lbs
May 11th: 437 lbs
May 13th: 431 lbs
May 15th: 426.2 lbs

Still coming off I start working out at planet fitness Friday when I meet with a trainer.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
One year and 48 kg later:

f-front55kf0.jpg
f-sidef8jx2.jpg

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
April 11th: 145 kg
April 18th: 143.2 kg
April 25th: 143.2 kg
May 2nd: 144.5 kg
May 9th: 141.8 kg
May 16th: 140.5 kg

Good week despite the cake haha. Should be pretty comfortable under 140 kg next week.

Also that's fucking awesome GMM ! Very inspiring.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
GMM
Damn dude, good work.
Also that's fucking awesome GMM ! Very inspiring.
Amazing progress man.
Great job GMM, you look great!
Thank you guys! It has been quite the journey here and I couldn't be happier about the progress I have made, it's a weird feeling looking back at that other guy.

I think what surprised me the most is how "easy" it was, not to say that people trying to lose weight isn't trying hard enough, it's still one of the hardest things I have ever done, it's more in the sense that what constituted the big changes for me was me being able to adjust my diet and that I didn't feel especially bothered by those changes. Like it sucks not being able to eat everything you want, but the side effect is that you appreciated it so much more when you eat something good.

Figure out what works for you and take it one day at a time, once you start noticing the results you will be motivated to keep going and compel yourself to do things you wouldn't really have done before. I very honestly had a pretty big phobia of exercising in public since I just felt like people would laugh at me, but now I'm going to the gym and running multiple times a week.

Again big shoutout to everyone in these threads, seeing what all you other guys accomplish also helps inspiring me to keep going.

Oct 25, 2017
So I am finished my cheat/re-feed week. I ate about 30% more calories each day than normal. My weigh ins went from consistently 194-196 over 2-3 weeks to 192.5-194 for like 4-5 days now.

Today I ate the calorie restricted amount. I am hoping the stall doesn't return again.

Mattofrivia

Nov 23, 2017
Checking in again. It's been two weeks since my last weigh in. Kinda disappointed in my progress, but I know I could be doing more. slipped up a few times with some beer, and some bad meals, and didn't get as much exercise as I wanted, but I am still down a pound.

4/26/19: 245lbs
5/3/19: 239.8lbs
5/17/19: 238.7lbs.

Go to really try to buckle down in get the exercise in. We have had so much rain in the last two weeks I have just stayed inside instead of going to a walk or run. Not a great excuse, but it didn't help.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
4/26: 165.4 lbs
5/3: 162.8 lbs
5/10: 163.6 lbs
5/17: 160.8 lbs

Much better this week. I was a lot more disciplined over the weekend and more conscious about what I was eating. Continued improvements in my workouts, and I resumed doing push-ups -- literally started back at square one: 1 set of 1 push-up -- and building my way back up from there.

Until recently, it seemed like all of the weight I was losing was coming from everywhere but my beer belly, but I've had some really noticeable, positive changes to my physique over the past few weeks. No six-pack abs just yet, but a lot of the work I've been putting in so far this year is really starting to pay off. Just moved on to my fourth pair of pants that used to fit me but didn't anymore but now fit me again.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5/17: 159.6lb

Been dealing w/ head lice at the house this week, everyone super stressed. Didn't stress eat as much as I thought -- it's been a running habit for a year now to stop eating at 8 by brushing my teeth w/ my daughter.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Initial Weight (April 10): 258 lbs
April 17: 256
April 24: 252.6 lbs
May 1: 251.8
May 8: 246.8
May 15 (current): 245
Current Goal: 205 lbs

Just chugging along. Snacked a bit more lately than I would have liked.

Oct 28, 2017
April 26th: 213lbs
May 1st: 209lbs
May 10th 208lbs
May 18th 207lbs

Unsuprisingly these last few lbs are proving stubborn. My body fat is down again though to 16.9% from 17.8% on the 1st which should have meant another 2 lbs lost so I guess I'm holding a little extra water ATM.

Edit: scrub that last bit 2lbs lost is about right for 1%. Guess I shouldn't attempt mental arithmatic at 4am.

Last edited:

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Birthday party with (a bunch of) drinks and a pizza afterwards, mothers day with cake and Schnitzel and leftovers, and still, 71.3kg today, feels good.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Been to ashamed to post in here but fuck it i got too. Haven't posted since I signed up back in mid April now a month later I've put in weight. Just haven't had any self control on my eating at all.

Time to buckle down and really turn this ship around.

Current weight 146kgs

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Been to ashamed to post in here but fuck it i got too. Haven't posted since I signed up back in mid April now a month later I've put in weight. Just haven't had any self control on my eating at all.

Time to buckle down and really turn this ship around.

Current weight 146kgs

I think most of us went through periods like that. No reason for shame whatsoever. You'll get there eventually!

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes, I've definitely been there. What I found important to realize, and I feel like this year is the first time I actually did realize, is fucking up once or twice isn't that bad, you just gotta get back in it and continue. Like usually I'd have a bad day, think to myself "well, all my work is lost, might as well just stop now" and that's that. But that type of thinking is wrong and it seems like it finally made click inside my head.

Now I'm well on my way to 15 kg lost this year, and perhaps most importantly I feel good about it and want to keep going.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't feel bad. Especially don't be ashamed! Just keep trying and it will work out.

Skelatix

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
I will have to bow out of the challenge I'm afraid. Seems my scale is no longer in the land of the living even after getting new batteries for it.
And being unemployed at present, just don't have disposable income to throw around for a replacement scale.

Hopefully when next challenge starts I'm back up and running again.

Oct 25, 2017
190.5 lbs today

I feel like I am finally back on track after a couple weeks of bouncing around 195. The week of eating extra seems to really have got my metabolism back on track. This basically happened when I was at 201 for like 3 weeks. Once it got going again it went down to like 194 before stalling again. Now I sorta know what to do if it happens again. The thing that kept me going was reading that keto weight loss diet can be very bumpy.

Based on my progress atm, I am guesstimating by my chart guess work that I'll be 180 by the end. But if I if progress is less bumpy I could MAYBE hit my goal of 170, which I think was predicted based on not realizing when the contest actually ended. My overall weight goal (because I was doing this regardless of contest) is 150~ lbs.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask since I didn't find an overall fitness thread, but how long is your workout session and how often to some of y'all work out?
I'm only doing 30 minutes 3 times a week. I feel like it's too little, but honestly - working out is boring as hell to me. It's as boring as standing in line. I've tried music and podcasts and it doesn't help. I also can't watch something on tv or look at stuff on my phone because I get too distracted and slow down whatever I'm doing. Any tips?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask since I didn't find an overall fitness thread, but how long is your workout session and how often to some of y'all work out?
I'm only doing 30 minutes 3 times a week. I feel like it's too little, but honestly - working out is boring as hell to me. It's as boring as standing in line. I've tried music and podcasts and it doesn't help. I also can't watch something on tv or look at stuff on my phone because I get too distracted and slow down whatever I'm doing. Any tips?

What is your goal? Weight/fat loss? Trying to build lean mass? It entirely depends on this. I'm not an expert on this btw, but I think working out is more for lean mass gains and metabolic gains (which can support fat loss). Like 90% of fat loss happens with your nutritional balance. Working out can allow you to eat more but most of your calories burned come from every day activities and just living. So if your goal is to lose fat and you hate exercise, 30 minutes 3 times a week is probably fine. But if you do want to workout more, I suggest trying out different activities til you find one that you enjoy and try to focus on how you feel before, during, and after because that is a big motivator for me personally.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fitness-ot-a-new-era-begins.727/page-127#post-20663737

Personally I find it very hard to motivate myself to exercise, so I'm losing weight entirely through calorie counting.

mekky

Oct 25, 2017
Been sick and going up and down abit, but most recent weigh in was 113.3kg. Need to get back to a proper controlled diet.

Oct 25, 2017
I drank and puked last night. Today I weighed in at 188 lbs, down from 190.5 yesterday. Feel like shit but also feel pretty great because hit new milestone. Seems like I am finally over the stall for sure.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Update:
April 22, 122.2kg
April 29, 123.3kg
May 6, 122.8kg
May 13, 124.5kg
May 20, 123.6kg

Going in the right direction again.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have reeled things in. I am back down to 235.4 lbs. I am also walking much more and plan to do 1.5hr of brisk walking a day for the next seven days as a test. If that goes well, I will keep this up. I have decided I will break it up as I see fit, which will probably be 45 min in the morning and 45 min in the evening. Also, I'm going to try and get a full eight hours of sleep a day minimum this week. And no pot/alchohol/eating after 7pm.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Last week 94,2
This week 93,7

Did pretty well during the week but the weekend was killer. Still losing though!

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Initial Weight (April 10): 258 lbs
April 17: 256
April 24: 252.6 lbs
May 1: 251.8
May 8: 246.8
May 15: 245
May 22 (current): 243
Current Goal: 205 lbs

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
April 11th: 145 kg
April 18th: 143.2 kg
April 25th: 143.2 kg
May 2nd: 144.5 kg
May 9th: 141.8 kg
May 16th: 140.5 kg
May 23rd: 138.7 kg

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
April 16th : 189
May 23rd: 169

That's 20 which ain't too bad BUT I've only been having about 900 Calories a day and getting in 2 hours of cardio a day which I feel is unhealthy now here's the thing I haven't had chocolate or fast food or chips or any sweets none of it just home cooked meals. Will one chocolate bar or even just having Wendy's just one-time ruin everything? I've been craving it so bad.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

That's 20 which ain't too bad BUT I've only been having about 900 Calories a day and getting in 2 hours of cardio a day which I feel is unhealthy now here's the thing I haven't had chocolate or fast food or chips or any sweets none of it just home cooked meals. Will one chocolate bar or even just having Wendy's just one-time ruin everything? I've been craving it so bad.

I think you know the answer 😉 a cheat meal once a month isnt bad at all.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017

Um... are you measuring in kilos or pounds?

If pounds, ~9kg in 5 weeks is *very* fast and I'd be concerned about your nutrition. If kilos, 20kg in 5 weeks is ludicrous. Either way I'd be worried you're not getting your proper nutrition (fats, protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals etc). You have to keep your organs ticking over or bad things happen.

The other thing is that by cutting so drastically, you're using your reserves of willpower to suppress your basic hunger cravings. Willpower is a finite resource and you will hit a wall if you let it go on long enough. It's why people who lose weight and are successful at keeping it off tend to be those who form better habits rather than relying on pure self control. The question you have to ask yourself is can I keep eating this way forever? If the answer is no, you've cut too deep.

The danger now is that you'll just crack and binge as soon as you break your fast, so to speak. My advice is to up your calorie intake to a more sustainable level. Account for a cheat meal once a week if you need to.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I retired at the start of the challenge because it feels like I'm losing weight too fast and that I think is against the rules. I am only eating about 1000 calories a day during IF of 18:6 or 20:4 with some 24 day fast sprinkled here and there.

Sometimes we hold on to water weight for a long time is my guess for the sudden loss this update. I know weight comes off easy at this level of body fat, but I feel ready for the harder parts.

Keep working at it if you get stuck!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I know I could sustain a 1k calories a day. But I know it's not healthy long term. It can also feel like hard work when it's not necessary. I don't think the benefits outweigh the negatives.

I think it's smarter to create a sustainable lifestyle, not a crash diet. In fact, maybe weight loss shouldn't even be the goal, but actually creating a lifestyle that reduces inflammation which seems like it's at the heart of most serious diseases.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I will have to go up eventually, it sometimes gets hard to eat a lot more than that doing IF because I get full so fast now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I know I will have to go up eventually, it sometimes gets hard to eat a lot more than that doing IF because I get full so fast now.

In that case you should do IF less. Based on my research and experience I think it's easy to overdo IF.

I guess if it continues to work for you... it's definitely a choice but it does come at the risk of really reducing your metabolism and being very unsustainable and you will gain weight quickly when you increase your intake because your metabolism will have adjusted to your low intake.

I was actually watching a video about this coincidentally recently and they suggested that if you get to this low metabolism state that to kick your metabolism back into shape (without gaining a lot of weight back) they said to increase your calorie intake over time. Something like +50 calories a day every week up to where you need to be.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Back down to my sign up weight of 142kg. 4 kg loss. Hopefully I can keep the loss going now and actually start making some head way into this competition!