• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Welcome to ResetEra

Hello new person. It's wonderful to have you as part of our community! All new accounts require both email verification and manual activation -- most accounts registered with an ISP, school, or professional email are approved within a day or two. During times of high activity this process may take longer. Once you have received an email confirming that your account has been activated, you will be ready to start posting.

ResetEra is the most active independent gaming forum on the internet (with discussions on everything else as well) so it's not uncommon to wonder where to start! This thread is a great place to break the ice; we'd love to know a little about you, your interests, and what brought you here. Feel free to introduce yourself or welcome others. There is often no harm in diving right into other threads as well, but if you feel you'd like more guidance, you can find a collection of helpful information and resources below.

Before You Post

Many members want to first look their best; you can upload an avatar via your Account Details, and if you navigate to your own unique profile page, you will find an option to upload a Cover Image as well! Having a memorable avatar and profile cover is a great way to stand out. Cover uploads should be at least 600x1000 in dimension and avatars at least 400x400 for best results. If you need help coming up with something good, swing by the Avatar Request thread and ask nicely.

Advanced Image Options are available if you want to conserve bandwidth or mobile data, or if you just want to stay discreet at work or school.

If you want to learn about our forum rules and expectations, your best resource is definitely the General Guide. We highly recommend that you review this document. In order to weed out troublemakers, new accounts less than 3 months old or with fewer than 300 posts may be subject to stricter moderation.

Please note that you will not be able to create any threads until your account is 1 month old and has at least 100 posts.

Discussion on ResetEra is broadly divided into two halves -- Video Games (Gaming) and Everything Else™ (EtcetEra). These two halves are further split into Forum and Hangout sections. The Forums are for new ideas or breaking news, while Hangouts house long-running or recurring threads. Detailed descriptions of each can be found on the desktop front page.

Once you have thread making privileges, if you would like to create an OT (Official Thread) please check the OT Index to make sure it has not already been claimed, and sign up to claim it yourself if it is more than three days in advance. If you're looking to join an existing community, feel free to search our lists of both Gaming OTs and EtcetEra OTs.

When you first enter a thread, please be sure to check above the posts for any Threadmarks or Staff Posts.

How to Reach Us

For general inquiries you are welcome to use the Contact Us form found at the bottom of the site. This is accessible even for guests and banned members. We receive a lot of messages and cannot guarantee a response to every one, but this will generally be your best bet.

To alert moderators to anything that might require their attention, you are encouraged to use the report system; the report button can be found at the bottom left of every post or message. This is the best and fastest way to reach the mod team. You can report posts that violate rules, or you can even report your own post if you need help with a thread title change or similar. Please do not abuse this system with frivolous or rude reports.

For bug reports or any other technical issues, please use the latest tech thread. You will always be able to find the latest tech thread in the Announcements section.

If you are a professional with insights that you believe are of interest to our community, and you are interested in having your identity verified, please check out our Verified Members program.

Individual staff may be able to answer minor questions if contacted privately. Our full Active Staff Roster is constantly maintained and updated. For broad moderation concerns you can always reach out to our Mod Captains B-Dubs, Mist, JayC3, and The Woods.

To request a Username Change you can go directly through your Account Details page.

If you encounter pop-ups, redirects, or other malicious advertising that we don't want on our site, please let us know in the Ad Reporting thread; including the ad links and/or screenshots in your reports will help us track them down. The ad agency we are partnered with regularly monitors that thread even though they do not post in it.

Whatever you do, please do not tag a staff member, derail a thread, or create a new thread to complain about this or that.

Bottom Line

If you've read all of the above then you should have all the tools you need to be a great member and a welcome part of our community. Whether you start here or in another thread, we're looking forward to your contributions!

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
thank you to the admin who approved me :)
You're very welcome!

Hi I just wanted to say that below is my old account - the phone I had 2FA linked to was lost, I also lost access to the linked email account and I never gave myself any backup codes. I'm not a smart person.

I don't want to get banned for alt -accounting so maybe ban *that* one or something? Dunno
PM me and we'll figure something out for you.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Hello dear admins and fellow members,
This is all very intimidating, a lot to read, this is all very dynamic, i am not very familiar with that way of communicating, so please forgive my clumsiness, lack of familiarity with acronyms or the eventual forum-etiquette rituals that might hide in the shadows.

First a big thank you for whomever authorized my account, that was blazingly fast for such an active board. (and since he/she knows my nationality, sorry for my less than natural English).

I will keep it short and simple.
I've played games since the advent of the CPU (a little of discrete logic as well, but i was too young to truly remember), i am not working in games but in scientific research, and that is all for now, the rest might emerge from discussions :)

Bye-

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
This is all very intimidating, a lot to read, this is all very dynamic, i am not very familiar with that way of communicating, so please forgive my clumsiness, lack of familiarity with acronyms or the eventual forum-etiquette rituals that might hide in the shadows.

First a big thank you for whomever authorized my account, that was blazingly fast for such an active board. (and since he/she knows my nationality, sorry for my less than natural English).

I've played games since the advent of the CPU (a little of discrete logic as well, but i was too young to truly remember), i am not working in games but in scientific research, and that is all for now, the rest might emerge from discussions :)

Bye-

Welcome to the site!!!

BannerThief

Apr 10, 2019
Seattle
I've technically been a long-time reader of this site (and its predecessor, which shall NOT BE NAMED) for years, and I've even had this account for a couple months now, but yeah, I'm BannerThief. You may recognize the Sexy Garrus from Giant Bomb, AVC's Gameological, etc. Cool place, I hope to be more involved going forward!

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I casually stumbled upon this thread and thought it may need a bit more exposure to both new and old members. That's a good summary of useful resources, and there's a bunch of nice posters all over Era willing to give a warm welcome, but that's lost if few even know of this place. Adding a link to the "Your account was approved" message and inviting members of specific communities to directly engage and promote said groups here - or maybe not considering the self-promotion policy? Dunno - could help a bit.

Bye-

Welcome! Don't be intimidated, there're plenty of kind members here, so just ask if you don't get a rule/term. I know firsthand that slang can mess with non-native speakers too, but a quick urban dictionary search will do the trick.

I've technically been a long-time reader of this site (and its predecessor, which shall NOT BE NAMED) for years, and I've even had this account for a couple months now, but yeah, I'm BannerThief. You may recognize the Sexy Garrus from Giant Bomb, AVC's Gameological, etc. Cool place, I hope to be more involved going forward!

I remember lurking the old place for some time before joining too. The only thing I recognize from that reference is GB, but welcome anyways!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Jack Bauer

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Hi, i don't post often

We have that in common. :D

Hey everyone! Between the other place and here, I've been a lurker for about five years.

I took a long hiatus from gaming while I was doing some traveling around the country. For awhile, I was living and working in places like Yellowstone and Glacier that had poor internet connectivity. The Etcetera section actually became my main source of news since it doesn't require tons of bandwidth to load.

I recently landed at the Grand Canyon and decided it was time to settle in for awhile. Figured I would go ahead and join now that I'm getting back to gaming.

I have a lot of catching up to do!

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
Hi all!

Thanks a bunch for the super fast approval :) I was expecting it to take much longer. I'm a long time lurker. I come to the site everyday and there are always so many excellent threads I've wanted to respond to, so I figured it was about time to finally make an account. I look forward to talking to everyone!

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Hi all!

Thanks a bunch for the super fast approval :) I was expecting it to take much longer. I'm a long time lurker. I come to the site everyday and there are always so many excellent threads I've wanted to respond to, so I figured it was about time to finally make an account. I look forward to talking to everyone!

Heyyyy!!! Glad you joined! Welcome!

Jul 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Thank you to whoever authorized my account that fast. I have been somewhat of a lurker over the last month or so, and I finally decided to start an account. I'm a big fan of entertainment whether it be film, television, or videogames. The first console I ever owned was a N64 and Ocarina of Time remains to be one of my all-time favourite games. Over the years I have become more PlayStation than Nintendo, but I do have a Switch. I'm planning to post quite a bit, and thanks again for authorizing me so quickly.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Hello Everyone,

Thank you to whoever authorized my account that fast. I have been somewhat of a lurker over the last month or so, and I finally decided to start an account. I'm a big fan of entertainment whether it be film, television, or videogames. The first console I ever owned was a N64 and Ocarina of Time remains to be one of my all-time favourite games. Over the years I have become more PlayStation than Nintendo, but I do have a Switch. I'm planning to post quite a bit, and thanks again for authorizing me so quickly.

Hello! Welcome! I still remember being amazed at Ocarina of Time back in the day. It took me a long time to beat as I kept getting lost and distracted. I totally understand why it is a favourite for many and I hold it quite high personally as well.

Hi all!

Hello! I'm glad you're joining in on discussions too. I use to lurk a lot myself as sometimes I just didn't have the time or energy to give to the posts I want. There is nothing wrong with lurking but I'm always happy to see more people joining discussions.
\o/

OtakuGuru

Jul 3, 2019
Bristol, UK
Hello all!

I'm OtakuGuru but others call me: Rob

Big Nintendo fan, Otaku - cause I love Anime & Manga, Retro fan, Poke maniac [TCG and Games], J-games player.
I'm a blogger, reviewer, YouTuber - I like to write about upcoming stuff, reviews, making videos and helping others.
I'm sort of Japanophile - Japanese culture enthusiast: culture, language, history.

Besides I'm proud father and husband - I'm not old or anything, but I'm from vintage 88's :D

Ahh... I forgot to tell you that I Love sushi, pizza, swimming, and reading plus I'm here for everything related to gaming. Also happy to play with others if you want - just name a game!

Mar 30, 2019
I just noticed that I never introduced myself and reached 100 posts. I'm a little intimidated by the thread posting ability now.

I've lurked here for a while and most often don't feel the need to post. I came for the games and stuck around because there are some funny characters around here. Thanks.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
DRbr8ee.gif

giphy.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
To the new people: make sure to filter by first message on the gaming board otherwise you'll always see the same threads :P

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Been here for a few days already but hello! Glad to finally be taking part in discussions after lurking for so long. Thanks mods for making the approval process so quick and helping me with doubts I've had. And thanks to the users who welcomed me in threads I've been posting in!

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone thanks for approving me :) I've been using this site for a while finally made an account.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know we had a welcome thread. This is a nice touch with some good info. Welcome, everyone!

-IZHAN-

Jul 7, 2019
Hello Everybody
IZHAN here !
How are you all doing

and thx staffs for accepting me into this wonderful community !

shauntu

Oct 27, 2017
Have had an account from the beginning but hardly ever post. Welcome everyone. I learned from this about the 100 post thing. Had no idea!

Karan S'jet

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 9, 2019
hi all, looking forward to checking out this community. I heard some good things, so thanks for giving me the opportunity.

lase

Jun 18, 2019
Ohio
hey all, it's great to be here! I'm an indie dev looking to make some quality posts and best friends forever.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hi im fat4all im kinda shy and probably wont post much but my favorite game ever is mischief makers :)