• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JungleProphet

Aug 25, 2019
Hi y'all. You can call me J.P.
I haven't been a gamer for years. I've been a programmer for much longer.
Now I'm a retired and disabled engineer.
I stumbled in after reading some angry rant in a political discussion, wherein the ranter was very angry about something he blamed resetera.com for, and it came out making resetera sound like a good place. So I decided to stop in and check it out.
Thanks to the admin for approving me.

I doubt I'll be a regular. I tend to obsess over an interest for a while, and then let it lie dormant for a time before returning to it.

Best wishes to all, and I look forward to interacting on occasion with others here.
:-)

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Hi everyone! You can call me Rosé! Been browsing era and decided to make an account! Now I can set the dark theme and save it!

Sylvie

Aug 26, 2019
Hi there, i'm sylvie. I hope to be able to participate positively in discussions some time in the future.

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
Hello all! I used to post inane comments or car help at that other place under this account name. Took a two year break from all message boards after the implosion, but I miss it and after lurking a bit this place seems like good home.

Deleted member 59562

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
China
I'm momo
I work at a medium sized game studio in Shanghai
I write the game
I write other stuff too
I got tired of lurking and not being able to shitpost like the rest of you

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

another looong-time lurker. I used to be on NeoGAF, but that website is no more.

Just want to join Nintendo Direct-hype and talk some media create-sales (although I've been following the last couple weeks and now fear they might think I'm another incarnation of the "Persona 5 doesn't look anime" guy 🤦‍♀️).

Cya!

Sophie

Oct 28, 2017
Hello,

Not really new, I just haven't posted much yet.

Those who know me from previous places would remember me as Ayumi. If not, then hi I'm Sophie. PC gamer who tends to mostly stick to FPS and MMORPGs.

Currently playing Rainbow 6 Siege, FFXIV and WoW Classic. :)

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Hi I've been here for a tiny bit now but always wondered, how do I get permission to post on the forum, says I don't have permission.

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
Hi There!

I'm a hibernating game designer who left the industry because, well, it's not good, and I needed to have money to live.

I'm here because I just can't deal with twitter anymore and I missed forums a lot. Heard this was a pretty decent place that actually cares about moderation, so here I am!

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi There!

I'm a hibernating game designer who left the industry because, well, it's not good, and I needed to have money to live.

I'm here because I just can't deal with twitter anymore and I missed forums a lot. Heard this was a pretty decent place that actually cares about moderation, so here I am!
Welcome. And yeah moderation is pretty good and generally keeps the noise from nitwits down. And Forums are the best, they just facilitate actual conversations in a way that other social media and comment sections don't.

Sorry about the career change though, kind of sucks when you reach your dreams and they turn out to be nightmares.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Welcome, everyone!

Hi I've been here for a tiny bit now but always wondered, how do I get permission to post on the forum, says I don't have permission.

If you mean how to get permission to start new threads, that is given automatically once you've had your account for 30 days and made at least 100 posts

Aug 31, 2019
Hi! I've been a lurker for almost two years now, when I came back to gaming more frequently. I decided to create an account to vote in surveys, lol. I play mostly in PC and Nintendo devices, but I like all platforms and think they all have their strengths and are fun in their own way.

hamghost

Sep 1, 2019
Hello! I've been lurking for a little while, but I recent;y changed to an ISP that gave me an email address so I thought why not finally join? I have a Switch, PS4 and (a rapidly going out of date) gaming laptop, and also love retro games. I live in Scotland, and am involved with a social group for LGBT+ gamers here which is really fun!

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
My name is Caity. Lurking here for a while. Just got a new job and I have my own email (working my way up!) so I was finally able to register. My favorite game is Bioshock and I plan to take this place over with my wit and charm.

Nozohomie

Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone, I go by Nozohomie as my tag name online. Glad to be here and happy to be part of threads :)

Refl3x

alt account
Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Hi all! From lurking to posting, great :)
On the gaming side, I own all modern consoles except for Nintendo Switch :( Online gamer on all of them.
Xbox One (S/X) is my main console, where I mostly play Halo 5 online. I play Tekken 7 online on the PS4. Send a PM if you wanna play (I'm EU based).
However, GamePass has reïgnited my interest for story driven games.

EtcetEra side, I'm a jack of all trades, master of none. IRL, I work as a energy transition consultant and have a background in civil- and architectural engineering.

Looking forward to interacting with you all on the forum!

Aug 13, 2019
Hey, I'm Marvelous Intent. My name is a combination of my favorite Super Sentai ranger, Captain Marvelous, and a DnD campaign on YouTube that I like called Thrilling Intent. I'd been lurking for a while and decided to finally make an account.

I own a PS4, Switch, 3DS, and gaming PC and my favorite game character is a tie between Kirby and Sly Cooper. I love open world, fantasy, and platformer and lean heavily toward single-player games. I enjoy anime a little less every year, but I still come back like a fool every season. I hope to get along with you all.

May 24, 2019
Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm from Australia. I've had an on-again off-again love affair with video games all my life that was reignited two years ago when I played Dark Souls for the first time. I enjoy Metroidvanias and puzzle games most of all, although I'm interested in any game that is thoughtfully constructed. I also enjoy board games and tabletop games; I recently started running a homebrew DND campaign for a group of friends. I play mostly on PS4, which is the only dedicated platform I have for gaming, although I also have a MacBook Pro on which I sometimes play older PC games and newer cross-platform releases.

I've always struggled to find a place for myself in online communities so I don't know how much I'll post, but in the past few weeks I've been visiting Era more and more, so I figured I should make an introduction. The tone of the discussion here is different than in many other places (not to the detriment of those other places; there's a time and a place for everything, after all!), and I am glad to be able to participate in whatever capacity.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
Hi everybody and thanks to the mods that accepted me. I've been lurking for over a year now and just wanted to join in on the fun. I hope to contribute to the community and I promise to keep shitposting to the bare minimum. I have a fairly mixed gaming background, and a soft spot for Nintendo/RTS/puzzle games.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm a longtime lurker and finally decided to make an account. I used to play a lot more video games but after I started FFXIV, that's pretty much where all my focus has been other than the occasional mobage.

DEspite

Alt account
Banned
Jul 30, 2019
Ello there!
618588099294920723.png

I've been lurking for some time now but before I wasn't able to enter because I didn't have a paid email, now that I've gotten my university email I thank the mods for accepting me here. Unfortunately since my parents never allowed us to buy a console or handheld I could only play games on PC, so apologies if I end up not being able to get into genres that were console-exclusive like JRPGs.

In real life I'm just a ho-hum Electrical Engineering undergrad on my 5th semester, that's struggling to get his novel started.

PS: I play Tekken 7 on PC on Asia region, send a PM if you wanna fight me! (my main is Feng).

Xirj

Sep 10, 2019
Hi there,

Finally made an account on Era. Used to have an account...elsewhere...and have been procrastinating making an account here. An era guild forming in Wow Classic inspire me to join up. Cheers!

iamleyeti

Sep 12, 2019
France
Hello folks!

I've been lurking Era and Gaf before for years and I don't know, I thought it was time to move in. I'm French, work in the game industry, and I love to start playing a new game when I get home drunk. This is my life.

jeonsobari

Sep 26, 2018
Hi!
I've been a lurker for a while, reading all the insightful posts. I look forward to being part of this great community.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Hello

I've been lurking for a bit, signed up and kept lurking because I was looking for the right topic to join.

The name "Vinx" is from my Death Knight in WoW, which was my main for over 10 years.

Currently playing mostly FF14.

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
Hey everybody.
Long time lurker, figured it was about time that I joined in. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Sep 14, 2019
Hey everyone! Very long time lurker (before the migration).

Big Nintendo fanboy, but not obnoxiously, I think...

Nice to finally be part of the ResetEra group!

Sep 14, 2019
Hello!

I'm AngryLittleAlchemist .... or Alchy for short. Had to change my name to look nice on the forums.

I enjoy gaming and just wanted a cool place to talk games and other things I'm passionate about! Thanks for accepting me here : )

esteh

Sep 15, 2019
hello everyone, new nintendo fanboy just joined :p

long time lurker from old site

happy to be here

Crussong

Sep 17, 2019
Hello there and greetings from Germany :)

Longtime fan finally found the time to be part of this community and is looking forward to interact with everyone.
Playing mostly PC (Shadow running on Linux) and some good 'ol classic consoles.
Gonna be 31 soon.. soooo... am I part of the elders here? :D

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hello there and greetings from Germany :)

Longtime fan finally found the time to be part of this community and is looking forward to interact with everyone.
Playing mostly PC (Shadow running on Linux) and some good 'ol classic consoles.
Gonna be 31 soon.. soooo... am I part of the elders here? :D
Your not the youngest but we get older still, I am 42 and I know for a fact there are regulars that are older than me, though around my age is probably what the oldest end averages out to, 40-45 or so.